Nelfsmas Party: Thank you to the NE community

90 Night Elf Hunter
NEWS:

Thanks to everyone who attended! Lots of Kaldorei spider kebabs and traditional Nelfsmas sausage was eaten. Steamy romances were read. Songs were sung. Poems were improvised and many hats were exchanged.

Shout out to my peeps: Lamp, Vaedin, Arzeval, Cerine, Cephia, Mitsou and Byzantium and anyone else I might have forgotten.

Also, my sincere gratitude to Carousel and Esheria and Thalis and everyone who contributed to the party!

AND A BIG THANK YOU TO EVERYONE WHO PARTICIPATED!

You folks did a great job and there are still a few gifts I have left to send out. You all pulled together and we had Nelves from different guilds and different groups all interacting in a fun and relaxed atmosphere...

With a lot of hats in boxes.

Love,
Pylsur

OLD NEWS:
This is an attempt to generate some RP interactions in the Night Elf community while having a bit of fun...

THE GREAT WINTER VEIL GIFT EXCHANGE

Once a year, Night Elves engage in a flurry of gift-giving that exists outside the traditional bounds of reciprocity. Gifts are sent anonymously, so as to avoid generating a sense of obligation between gift-receiver and gift-giver. This allows for elves to give and receive help from their brothers and sisters without damaging their pride.

Recently, this observance has been subsumed by the Winter Veil holiday and the secret gift-giving is couched in its trappings. Traditional gifts among Night Elves still follow the templates of the past -- largely reflecting the utilitarian origins of the practice. Night Elves give each other useful gifts such as foods or clothing, especially hats and ear-warmers.

All gifts are sent anonymously but at the close of the period, the participants come together for a joyous celebration with much drinking and singing.

OOC:

From now until 10 December, I will be keeping this thread open for sign-ups for the gift exchange. On the 11th, participants will be mailed in-game with a randomly chosen name from the list and it is to this person that they will send gifts. Toward the end of Winter Veil, we will also have a big party event at which gift-givers will reveal themselves.

Do I need to be a Nelf to participate?

Yes. This is part of an attempt to generate some Nelf RP connections. Now, you don't need to be using the Nelf as your main, so you can always make a little Nelf alt just for this. In fact, it would be good if people didn't know you because then you could send your presents in a truly anonymous way.

How much do I need to spend on gifts and how often do I send them?

This isn't as much about the gifts as it is about making contact with other Nelf RPers. A few very small things over the weeks of the event should be fine, but you should try to get the first one sent early.

How do I mail it anonymously?

If you don't have an alt you can use, then you will send the item to me with a note saying who it is going to and I will have it forwarded along.

What if I don't get a present?

If you have received nothing for the first week, contact me and I will get you assigned to someone new.

Any questions?
Edited by Pylsur on 12/21/2012 7:34 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
THE GREAT WINTER VEIL GIFT EXCHANGE SIGN-UP SHEET

Holly
Pylsur
Shinespark
Ariade
Esheria
Kimchi
Yagdera
Adrellin
Cephia
Cerine
Carousel
Vaedin
Maveí
Arzevel
Anamaleth
Thalis
Kayllari
Hassieth
Zythrian
Mistreaver
Kierlani
Sintheris
Yunju
Edited by Pylsur on 12/10/2012 9:00 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
Reserved just in case.
Reply Quote
12/01/2012 09:37 AMPosted by Pylsur
Damn. I was just hoping for a color requirement.

How racist...
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
12/01/2012 09:44 AMPosted by Stax
Damn. I was just hoping for a color requirement.

How racist...

If it makes you feel better, we won't be letting those greenish Nelves in either.
Reply Quote
82 Gnome Rogue

Yes. This is part of an attempt to generate some Nelf RP connections. Now, you don't need to be using the Nelf as your main, so you can always make a little Nelf alt just for this. In fact, it would be good if people didn't know you because then you could send your presents in a truly anonymous way.
Fine.
I will choose my own nelf to shower with gifts and slobber over in a respectful way.
Reply Quote
I'll sign up!
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
12/01/2012 09:59 AMPosted by Holly
I'll sign up!

Woot!
Reply Quote
24 Human Priest

Hmmm, may just have to put that level 1 night elf I have to use. Sign me up!:D

Edit: Question, ICly, is the gift coming from Ariade or my alt?
Edited by Ariade on 12/1/2012 10:02 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
12/01/2012 10:00 AMPosted by Ariade

Which do you prefer? As long as it is some kind of Elf involved, I'm game.
Just let me know the name you want to get your gifts at and I will add it to the list.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Grumpy nelf reporting in.
Reply Quote
24 Human Priest

Just let me know the name you want to get your gifts at and I will add it to the list.

Ah, ok. Well in that case, if its alright with you, can I send it from my elf and receive it on Ariade?
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter

Ah, ok. Well in that case, if its alright with you, can I send it from my elf and receive it on Ariade?

Sure!

12/01/2012 10:05 AMPosted by Shinespark
Grumpy nelf reporting in.

Added!
Edited by Pylsur on 12/1/2012 10:08 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
I'm leaving for a bit. If you are a Nelf and you don't sign up for this, you will be race-changed to Belf on Jan 1.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
I'd love to participate! Sounds like a wonderful way to spark up some random RP.

If you need any help with the big party at the end (random gifts-I have pretty much access to all professions across my alts, food, etc.,) please let me know.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
RP with Night Elves is not the same as Night Elf RP. You could replace Night Elf with Dwarf, Human, or even Tauren in the event description and the event would remain unchanged.

Thread should be changed to 'Any race RP Secret Santa Sign-ups'. It feels weird to exclude people when Night Elf culture doesn't have any influence.
Reply Quote
13 Undead Mage
I'm unhappy about your event, please change it to my liking.

Thanks in advance.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
Added everyone!

12/01/2012 10:32 AMPosted by Esheria
If you need any help with the big party at the end (random gifts-I have pretty much access to all professions across my alts, food, etc.,) please let me know.

Thanks for the offer! I will probably take you up on it.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]