New Character Models

31 Dwarf Warlock
I was under the impression that they were going to be releasing model updates periodically rather than all at once. Dwarves first, then humans or orcs, etc. Are they all supposed to be coming at once now?
41 Gnome Priest
12/01/2012 01:04 PMPosted by Siath

Hopefully night elves don't look as bad as Tyrande and humans don't look as bad as jaina.

really? i feel exactly the opposite.

You want them to look like ol'Frogface and plastic hair?
90 Troll Druid
So long as we don't get one-faced/cute-faced then I'm thrilled!
90 Worgen Rogue
No need to worry anyone, we will have them Soon™. I can't wait!
90 Pandaren Monk
12/01/2012 01:06 PMPosted by Mordlin
I was under the impression that they were going to be releasing model updates periodically rather than all at once. Dwarves first, then humans or orcs, etc. Are they all supposed to be coming at once now?
At once is probably more likely, just to mitigate the whining from people that their race wasn't in the first batch.
90 Pandaren Monk
12/01/2012 11:21 AMPosted by Rygarius
New character models haven't been forgotten and are still being worked on. Our artists aren't ready to reveal what they got yet. When they're ready, you'll know!

Yay! Glad to hear some confirmation that they are, in fact, still being worked on. <3
90 Draenei Shaman
New character models haven't been forgotten and are still being worked on. Our artists aren't ready to reveal what they got yet. When they're ready, you'll know!

I dont know how you plan on improving perfection but I cant wait to see it.
90 Blood Elf Warrior
It's disappointing that they can do this but there is still no sign of cinder kitty...hmmm just proves what's more important to blizz than helping Red Cross for Superstorm Sandy.
51 Draenei Monk

I would to see what ideas they've the got so far, but being an artist myself I fully know what it's like not wanting to reveal unfinished work to the public (or in my case, to anyone).
90 Blood Elf Warlock
I can't wait!
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
I'm really excited to see what they do with female BElfs. And female Taurens. As having two of both, i'm quite happy to see them getting updates. I'd like to see some nicer faces for us gorgeous elves, and a bit more slender and feminine Taurens. :-)
90 Human Paladin
I think they said previously that they were pretty happy with the high/blood elf model, so it might not receive much of an update, aside from skeletal improvements.

The artists just set the bar pretty high with the new wyvern and gryphon, though. They make the old ones look like they're from an N64 game.
86 Orc Warlock

FWIW I would really, really like to see some expansion on skin colors. Specifically dark gray for Dark Iron dwarves, and Blackrock and Dragonmaw orcs.
90 Pandaren Monk
12/01/2012 12:23 PMPosted by Pandamonïum
Try and remember that new character models require every piece of gear to be redone to fit said models. Will take a very long time.

this isint entirely true as wow doesnt use anything more than skins to wrap your character other than boots gloves shoulders belt and helmet. you actualy body armor is just a wrapped skin.. which is hidious.. i hope they really update it.. but im assuming by the time they do no one will care.
90 Undead Death Knight
12/01/2012 02:18 PMPosted by Lumineus
I think they said previously that they were pretty happy with the high/blood elf model, so it might not receive much of an update, aside from skeletal improvements.
They say they're most likely at the tail end of the list simply because their artistic quality helps offset the technical quality in a way that the Classic races just don't, but the fact remains that they're far below par for what Blizzard is capable of producing and need an update only somewhat less than the Classic races.

Really, even the Cataclysm races could use a polygon boost, at least.

The artists just set the bar pretty high with the new wyvern and gryphon, though. They make the old ones look like they're from an N64 game.
I like to think that's more indicative of the poor quality of the originals than any outstanding quality of the new ones, but I do like the art direction and I feel any problems people might have with them are with the designs themselves.
90 Worgen Druid

While it'd be nice, I REALLY REALLY just want my model to stop clipping through itself. Both male and female, but ESPECIALLY female.
90 Pandaren Monk

While it'd be nice, I REALLY REALLY just want my model to stop clipping through itself. Both male and female, but ESPECIALLY female.
Yeah, the worgen have a lot of clipping issues that never got addressed. Did they ever fix the female's elbows turning upside down on the chopper?
90 Night Elf Death Knight
Really looking forward to this, can't wait.
90 Draenei Death Knight
It's nice to know that at the least they are working on them. Thanks for the update
90 Worgen Druid

Yeah, the worgen have a lot of clipping issues that never got addressed. Did they ever fix the female's elbows turning upside down on the chopper?

I was unaware of that particular one.
Things like this though...
http://img839.imageshack.us/img839/920/failnormal.jpg

Shouldn't be released with the model still doing that.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]