Onyxian Drake drop rate buffed?

90 Draenei Shaman
I have been running Ony's lair multiple times a week since half way through wrath. Totaling over 200 runs on all of my characters. My friend and his Fiance have also done 200+ runs together. Neither of us have ever seen it drop let alone won it.

Since 5.1 was released my friend, myself and 3 other people I know have had the mount drop for them. Sure, it could be a coincidence and we all got extremely lucky but I don't think this is the case. Seriously, what are the odds of that? 5 in 2 weeks all from people that know each other?

I also found this on the EU forums:
http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/5967128721

It seems that the drop rate was either raised significantly higher than it was supposed to be, or we all just got very, very lucky. The later doesn't seem very likely seeing as this is supposed to be one of the lowest drop rate mounts in game; even lower than ashes.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
This needs to be addressed this is an issue and MANY people are claiming their Oxyxian drake. I believe it has to be a bug so many of these are popping up. On that note the people who dropped the gold cap on this mount will NOT be happy with blizz. Devs get on this now before this amazing drakes rarity is lost
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I'd like to know this too as someone who recently got it after 5.1. Random drops from mobs for quest items is one thing i can't see wasting time writing how often they get buffed but when it comes to mounts especially the low drop ones it would be nice to know instead of there being a ninja change that suddenly makes a mount less rare and snowflaky.

Some things should remain rare even with constant complaints about rng, don't want to see this happen with the love rocket too where a change isn't mentioned but suddenly there's 5x as many people getting it this holiday compared to previous ones.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
There are a lot of reports of the mount drops with less than 1% droprates being buffed to about 1%. Its nice to see people enjoying their new mounts, now that its basically soloable, its not really any kind of 'prestige piece' anymore anyways.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Death Knight
1% really isn't anything to go nuts about, and honestly i don't see why those who got it in the past even care that much grow up and get over it. if they saw a problem with the mentally stupid drop rate then grats to those who got it, i'm still farming mine on few different toons and yet to seen it drop since the raid was changed to what it is now. and yes Keph their is no prestige over that mount or ony anymore its pretty sad, one of the first toons besides this that i tried to solo it on was my 84 shaman at the time was fairly easy even easier at 85 got it in under 4:30 -_- not even this toon can do that time best was 5:26. well GL to everyone i have to wait til next week for more mount farming ^_^
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Since 5.1 dropped I've run it twice on three different characters - including once on 25-man using this Druid. I still have no Onyxian mount.

The people who have received it since 5.1 just got lucky, the same as those who received it prior to 5.1.

Just in case (because I know someone will want to point this out), yes - I'm aware that 6 is a very small sample size. Those reporting the increase have a similarly small sample size which is tainted by lack of any actual tracking.
Edited by Asterchades on 12/14/2012 1:37 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
This needs to be adressed IGNORE people saying we got lucky. TO many people have recieved this in 5.1 for it to even be a 1% drop rate. Please sumbit bug reports and GET this fixed bfore the mount legitamancy is Gone!
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Hunter
12/14/2012 09:04 AMPosted by Ashleyy
TO many people have recieved this in 5.1 for it to even be a 1% drop rate.

Define "too many" out of tens of thousands of people running it on a weekly basis. Sometimes with multiple characters per week.

This is the same issue that plagued Onyxia back in vanilla. Nearly every week there would be reports of her using Deep Breath more often. And guess what? Nothing was ever changed. People just have this difficulty with figuring out that RNG is RNG and some times streaks happen.
Reply Quote
9 Troll Warrior
random loot is random
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
This needs to be adressed IGNORE people saying we got lucky. TO many people have recieved this in 5.1 for it to even be a 1% drop rate. Please sumbit bug reports and GET this fixed bfore the mount legitamancy is Gone!

Lol calm down this is isn't a breach of national security. I've yet to get the mount since 5.1 and I run it every week.

Also helps you want it fixed once you got the mount ;)
Edited by Fawnix on 12/14/2012 12:37 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
Been running this for over a year on two toons, still no drop.
Whatever the rate is, it's low enough still. And really, why would it matter if it was higher? If it drops for someone else, shouldn't you be happy for them? You still have yours, it doesn't take YOUR mount away nor YOUR own personal efforts to get it. If more people can get the mount they always wanted, then great! More happy players! If you only got it to show off, then I don't know what to tell you. Find another more "rare" mount to go after?

If Blizz did indeed make the drop rate higher, that's awesome and I thank them --- as I'm sure many mount collectors/people who always liked this drake will. But I doubt they changed anything. I'm sure it's just RNG.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Priest
i dont know what you guys are talking about i soloed onyxia on two characters for this week and didnt see the mount drop.

I do know that the drake did show up on the BMAH today on my server which im sure those on your server didnt just get it from onyxia
Edited by Ragnivald on 12/15/2012 10:56 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
So you'll be deleting the mount since you feel it was obtained unfairly?

I thought not.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Rogue
I have been running Ony's lair multiple times a week since half way through wrath. Totaling over 200 runs on all of my characters. My friend and his Fiance have also done 200+ runs together. Neither of us have ever seen it drop let alone won it.

Since 5.1 was released my friend, myself and 3 other people I know have had the mount drop for them. Sure, it could be a coincidence and we all got extremely lucky but I don't think this is the case. Seriously, what are the odds of that? 5 in 2 weeks all from people that know each other?

I also found this on the EU forums:
http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/5967128721

It seems that the drop rate was either raised significantly higher than it was supposed to be, or we all just got very, very lucky. The later doesn't seem very likely seeing as this is supposed to be one of the lowest drop rate mounts in game; even lower than ashes.

Defintely something is up with the drop rate of this mount. Reports of people running it on multiple toons bagging themselves this mount in the mount collector thread. Coincidence or bugged/upped drop rate? My guess is the latter.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Coincidence. Random has the ability to create both dearths and gluts, but only humans will ever see them as such. Random just sees the chance and reacts accordingly.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
12/16/2012 01:28 PMPosted by Sicktight
Defintely something is up with the drop rate of this mount. Reports of people running it on multiple toons bagging themselves this mount in the mount collector thread. Coincidence or bugged/upped drop rate? My guess is the latter.

This is true, I have a friend with 5 people in his guild who have gotten this mount in the last 2 weeks. TELL me thats not buffed. Check wow head, check any website the amount of these droping is insane right now

Just asking the developers to take a look and get this fixed IF there is a problem. Thank you
Edited by Ashleyy on 12/17/2012 1:20 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Hunter
I hear she Deep Breathes more too.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
I got mine the week before 5.1.

Two guildies got theirs 2-3 weeks before that.
Me and guildie been running it every week since Cata. No mount.

We both got ours this week. I say something has changed.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Hunter
Or you finally got lucky.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]