Whats up with hunter/lock pets?

100 Tauren Druid
I've been noticing in randoms the hunters and locks pets are getting crazy aggro. At first i would just tankrage and tell them to turn off taunt. Sometimes they would respond, mostly they would say nothing. I chalked it up to bad players.

I got on my alt hunter the other day and was sure to keep my pet taunt off but man he was pulling crazy aggro from all the mobs too. Taunt was off 100% but the little critter died like almost every other pull. Non-tank pet too.

When I went back on my druid tank I noticed when a pet would have aggro, i simply let it die and just go about my business, when it finally would I noticed on the aggro meter I would have 300-500% aggro over the next highest actual player. Pet still had me out agg'd.

Is this a bug, mechanic, or something i am missing?
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
Bump
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Monk
It might be a bug. When I ran my lock as demo I noticed this on the felguard. I turned taunt off, but he still seemed to taunt. After I re-summoned him it seemed to work as expected for a while, then turned back on again at some point. Eventually stopped taunting, but it took a while. They definitely need a "pet gets no aggro" mode.
Reply Quote
100 Orc Warlock
My experience is similar to Lightning's. I noticed last night with my Wraithguard that he continued to pull aggro off of someone I know to be an excellent Blood DK, despite having Threatening Presence turned off before the pull. The Wraithguard got himself killed and after resummoning (and confirming Threatening Presence was still off) it didn't happen again, even when using Fel-Brostorm within a few seconds of the pull. I've not noticed this consistently, seems like a lingering Threatening Presence bug but one that appears to be simply solved by a resummon once TP is turned off.

I would assume Hunter pets have something relatively similar, but when I last levelled my hunter, he had a Blue bar under his health and bags full of ammo, so I can't say for certain.
Reply Quote
100 Undead Warrior
thanks for this, i've been wondering about it.

I hope it gets fixed soon.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
My hunter's pets haven't had any issues. For some reason tanks have had a hard time holding off of my mage, though... Gonna chalk that one up to bad tanks.

Supposedly temporary pets have been bugged to taunt, but again I haven't experienced that on my Hunter so I can't verify that.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]