Feedback on our 3 Healers

90 Pandaren Monk
"WOL Link Below"The three healers in our raid have been having a heated discussion about our raid heals. There is a large disagreement about very large issues in our healing ten man.
We are 2/6 HoF, with Garalon down to 56%.
Full cleared MSV.
I am a regular to the forums and see a couple of consistent people putting out very good feedback using WOL, i would love your input about the large issues you see. "We are the Wednesday, Sunday raid, Kill Order on Azgalor".

http://worldoflogs.com/guilds/212236/calendar/11-12/
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
Your priest and shaman definitely seem to be struggling on Garalon. Mind giving a break down of the assignments for everyone on that fight?
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
Garalon isnt really the issue that you need to look at. Look at the bigger picture, look at the raids that we cleared, look at how poeple perform.
That is the information our raid needs to address the issues.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
I was mainly looking at your priests logs, and looking at multiple raids. Garalon, however, caught my attention because his/her performance is drastically worse there than in any other raid.

Performance also hinges on assignments, which is why I asked. It would give us better direction if you specified a few logs and outlined assignments, etc. Your healing roster seems to shift frequently; is there anyone in particular you want assessed?

What is the heated disagreement?

I ask all this because most people come in with a very specific fight or night linked, and you've given us a massive and widely varied series of parses.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
We are discussing the effectiveness of our heals, we are having an issue with one of our healers general abillity to heal. We do not run raid assignments, we all heal who ever needs it atm with our most effecient heals. Our main issue is that there is a multiple amount of people having an issue with one of our heals, this raider, could be me or Godlike or Kojoman. We need a random perspective in hopes he listens.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
12/03/2012 11:18 PMPosted by Fistsofganja
Our main issue is that there is a multiple amount of people having an issue with one of our heals, this raider, could be me or Godlike or Kojoman. We need a random perspective in hopes he listens.

drama?

this is very vague imo. what are your raiders complaining about this certain healer? his attitude? his heals? you're not giving us much to give a feedback on.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
You guys are overhealing a lot of those fights. 3 healers on Zor'lok. :-\

Also, there are multiple groups being logged here. Which ones are y'all? It's a pain to go through all of the fights trying to figure out which ones are your group.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
We are Wednesday Sunday Raid.
You make a valid point about having alot of healers, this is due to them not wanting to heal with this particaular heals. If you can point out anything that would help. Thank you.

P.S. Sorry for being vague, look at overlying issues that are WoL visible.
Edited by Fistsofganja on 12/3/2012 11:58 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
You really should just come out and say what you want to know.

So far, the only thing I can come up with is that you're overhealing most of your fights and should drop down to your Druid (Maximize) and someone else.

I see only one log with the Priest in it, so it's really hard to tell what you want from that.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
I'm guessing you think being vague is going to make you less of a target for the player's anger, or make you feel like less of a bad guy, or something along those lines, but all you're doing right now is tossing a bunch of logs at us and saying "one of these healers is having issues; which one is it?" when you know exactly who it is.

What you should be doing is saying: "Our raid is having issues with _____, to the point of his raid spot being on the line. Can you take a look at his performance and offer advice? We want to help him improve so we feel good about bringing him to raids."

Now, given what you've said and the individual logs available for each, I'm going to guess the problem player is your shaman. Is that the case?
Edited by Elethia on 12/4/2012 12:09 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
Ellethia props man and thank you. You hit it right on the head. Because of this i will point out who it is, by you saying that hopefully he will understand i am trying to help.
Also sorry for throwing so many logs at you all.

"Our raid is having issues with _Kojoman_, to the point of his raid spot being on the line. Can you take a look at his performance and offer advice? We want to help him improve so we feel good about bringing him to raids." (Thanks Elethia)
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
How on earth is your priest not spamming prayer of mending on CD on Garalon. Also, circle of healing should likely be spammed on CD as long as enough damage is out. These two spells are insanely powerful on this fight. I am much more concerned about prayer of mending though.......that is one HUGE area of improvement.

Is this his raiding gear, or is it part pvp set he has on?
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/azgalor/G%C3%B2dlike/advanced

As holy I would strongly suggest he reforge away from haste and towards mastery......especially at his spirit level. Also he should gem absolutely straight spirit with that gear ignoring every socket bonus.
Edited by Semirhaj on 12/4/2012 12:34 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
Ellethia props man and thank you. You hit it right on the head. Because of this i will point out who it is, by you saying that hopefully he will understand i am trying to help.
Also sorry for throwing so many logs at you all.

"Our raid is having issues with _Kojoman_, to the point of his raid spot being on the line. Can you take a look at his performance and offer advice? We want to help him improve so we feel good about bringing him to raids." (Thanks Elethia)

Healing rain uptime on Blade Lord is abysmal. He appears to be letting Earth Shield fall of the tanks. But otherwise his spell usage appears correct on the other fights - I'm guessing your DPS is spread for Garalon. You need to bunch them up more. Actually, is he kiting pheromones on Garalon or no?

His glyphs are a bit odd. Not sure why he'd take Telluric Currents and Greater Fire Elemental over something like Glyph of Totemic Recall. I'm also not sure why he's choosing Primal Elementalist over Unleashed Fury.

But it would be helpful to know exactly what he's supposed to be doing in the raids. Also, as I said before, you guys are doing quite a bit of overhealing of the content. You should be able to easily two heal Imperial Vizier and even Blade Lord.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
All righty, let's get to it then!

Earth Shield should be on a tank at all times. He definitely isn't doing that.

Healing Rain should be used far more heavily. His is currently taking up a pittance of his healing.

Healing Tide does not appear to be used as often as it should be.

Healing Stream Totem is definitely not being used as often as it should be.

Ascendance is not being used often enough on most fights.

Spirit Link Totem does not appear to be used often enough.

I will add that, if Godlike intends to continue healing for you, he's going to have to work on a number of things as well.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
I know very little about monks and not much about priests in current content. you are overhealing some of the content. only need 2 for vizier and blade lord.

as a shaman let me tell ya, garalon sucks. its hella awkward for us. that aside...

I will speak on your shaman.

His uptimes are pretty terrible. earthshield in the 60%s (and on blade lord??? this is a high tank dmg fight, zero excuse).

healing stream totem uptime is low.

Why on earth does he have the fire elem glyph in resto spec? telluric currents is better replaced with totemic recall.

over reliance on chain heal.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
12/03/2012 11:18 PMPosted by Fistsofganja
We are discussing the effectiveness of our heals, we are having an issue with one of our healers general abillity to heal. We do not run raid assignments, we all heal who ever needs it atm with our most effecient heals. Our main issue is that there is a multiple amount of people having an issue with one of our heals, this raider, could be me or Godlike or Kojoman. We need a random perspective in hopes he listens.

so now that my raid is done i can give full attention to this thread.

i know you came here for help and all but you sound arrogant as heck. :P if you guys are really healing whoever needs it with your most efficient heals and youre so above healing assignments, you wouldn't be here having to ask for help.

healing assignments can be helpful. please note, a healing assignment does not mean "don't heal anyone else" it means "focus here, but also help there."

shamans are beyond excellent at tank healing and with your group comp your shaman is your best choice for dedicated tank babysitting.

whoever it is that has the problem, going to him and saying "yo all these strangers say youre a baddie, better do XYZ" is not going to be very helpful.

are you guys just all bickering in raid times about how bad your healers are? bleh...

you have so many healers because your raid is going "waaaah we dont like his heals" -- each healer would be performing better numbers wise (which is apparently all that matters??) if there was one less healer bored and sniping. your shaman especially will perform better with less healers due to mastery.
Edited by Fluffy on 12/4/2012 1:14 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
Ah! Yes, that was another thing I meant to say:

Assignments, however loose, are excellent guides. I know 10-man has a lot more everyman action than 25-man, but it's still a good idea to have one player putting a heavier focus on keeping the tank alive and the other(s) on the raid. The result is a smoother raid.

It can also be useful to set up a basic healing CD rotation, if you're not already. You'll see less overlap, and each CD should be more effective.

Finally, as Tiriel and Fluffy have said, you don't need to be 3-healing. In fact, you shouldn't be on most encounters.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
Wanted to say thank those of you who responded and all of you had very well thought it replies. Its much appreciated by me and our raid.

I personally always want to learn and did not see any Monk feedback. If a Monk Heals sees anything i can improve on please let me know. Its how we all learn, that constructive criticism.

Also if anybody else has any counterpoints to any reply above or something additional to what the other repliers did. Please throw that in here.
Edited by Fistsofganja on 12/4/2012 3:59 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman

Why on earth does he have the fire elem glyph in resto spec? telluric currents is better replaced with totemic recall.

As long as you are specced into Primal Elementalist, there is a valid reason for glyping Fire Elemental as Resto. With the glyph, it becomes a 3 minute cooldown, which lines up with the cooldowns of Healing Tide and Ascendance, allowing you to always have it up when you are using one of them, increasing throughput. The duration of glyphed Fire Elemental also is still long enough to potentially use both cooldowns within that 40 second window (assuming of course the fight's damage mechanics makes blowing both cooldowns so close together make sense). Because so many of our other glyphs are decidedly meh, it isn't atrocious to glyph it.

I have no idea if that is his reason for doing it, but just throwing out there that it is potentially valid and viable if this is why he uses it.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman

As long as you are specced into Primal Elementalist, there is a valid reason for glyping Fire Elemental as Resto. With the glyph, it becomes a 3 minute cooldown, which lines up with the cooldowns of Healing Tide and Ascendance, allowing you to always have it up when you are using one of them, increasing throughput. The duration of glyphed Fire Elemental also is still long enough to potentially use both cooldowns within that 40 second window (assuming of course the fight's damage mechanics makes blowing both cooldowns so close together make sense). Because so many of our other glyphs are decidedly meh, it isn't atrocious to glyph it.

I have no idea if that is his reason for doing it, but just throwing out there that it is potentially valid and viable if this is why he uses it.

Now that's something I hadn't thought of doing!

Primal Elementalist is an... interesting talent but I find I prefer UF way more. The channeled thing from the elems is so distracting. I once made the mistake of using it during Jasper Chains stone guard, boy was *that* confusing. Hah.

I like the earth elem's channel better, it does the same heal buff but also reduces damage taken. Pretty handy.

The shaman only used Empower once in the logs that I'm looking at so even with the logic stated, he isn't getting any benefit from that glyph.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]