[PvP] Feral next in line for nerfs?

90 Goblin Mage
Apparently GC's twitter feed is saying they are looking at ferals next for pvp balance. I don't get how they can even consider feral a threat when mages, warriors and locks are still running around 2/3 shotting people with little to no skill/setup.

The only thing I think that needs to happen is to maybe nerf incarnation burst and make it more spread damage somehow - so that pve is unaffected. If they're having trouble balancing symbiosis they damn well better give us a useful lvl 87 ability.

And if anything is changed we would need some sort of compensation in the dmg reduction department - esp vs casters.

I levelled this mage simply because it seems like they are never getting fixed. Somehow it appears to be their favoured class, no matter what way you look at it.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Burst during Incarnation is silly i agree. But i also don't understand how can they even think about nerfing Ferals with the current state of Warriors/Mages/Locks. Other classes have retarded burst and are flying under the radar.. Also, it's much easier to CC a Feral during burst than any other melee. If anything they should buff our sustained damage and get rid of Incarnation. Change it to something else i don't know. Ever tried to use Incarnation without Berserk? Something that encourages CD stacking that bad shouldn't exist.

12/03/2012 11:15 PMPosted by Bizznizz
And if anything is changed we would need some sort of compensation in the dmg reduction department - esp vs casters.

Pretty much. We're squishy as hell.. and meanwhile Warrior have "Second Win" and 25% "passive" dmg reduction along with retarded control.. Not to mention plate wearers having more avoidance than Rogues/Ferals. They nerfed Bear+FR combo in MoP and gave a much better version of it to Warriors.. lol.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Warrior
Burst during Incarnation is silly i agree. But i also don't understand how can they even think about nerfing Ferals with the current state of Warriors/Mages/Locks. Other classes have retarded burst and are flying under the radar.. Also, it's much easier to CC a Feral during burst than any other melee. If anything they should buff our sustained damage and get rid of Incarnation. Change it to something else i don't know. Ever tried to use Incarnation without Berserk? Something that encourages CD stacking that bad shouldn't exist.

Pretty much. We're squishy as hell.. and meanwhile Warrior have "Second Win" and 25% "passive" dmg reduction along with retarded control.. Not to mention plate wearers having more avoidance than Rogues/Ferals. They nerfed Bear+FR combo in MoP and gave a much better version of it to Warriors.. lol.

No, switching to Defensive stance gives us the 25% damage reduction. In so doing we lose out on a lot of rage gain we would have gotten in either of the other two stances which causes more downtime in using abilities.
Reply Quote
100 Human Warlock
No, switching to Defensive stance gives us the 25% damage reduction. In so doing we lose out on a lot of rage gain we would have gotten in either of the other two stances which causes more downtime in using abilities.

And in return you get immortality
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Warrior
12/04/2012 05:25 AMPosted by Mouse

A warrior in defensive stance with a shield/1h macro to equip can still die easy....
Yea it takes a little more work but outside their CD's they drop like a rock.
Healing reduction debuffs and a DK's necrotic strike can prevent second wind from healing much.
A warrior in 1h/shield defensive stance will not do any damage to be able to kill anything.

Just use your 150k chaos spell to 1 shot him through second wind.
Against a warrior save your CD's for when second wind kicks in.

Having trouble killing a warrior? Is he giving you problems because hes using CD's smartly? Switch to his partner. Either he stays in no damage stance or he switches back and you just switch back to the warrior.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
Ferals do need nerfs..... and so does most every other class in pvp right now. Ferals damage is silly during burst, along with just about every other spec out there right now. A mage killing me in one deep with barkskin up through 64-65% resil from 90-0 is fine though apparantely. I play feral and sometimes when I pop my stupid "one-shot" macro and cough up 60-120k ravages nonstop to kill somebody, I say damn that was stupid and required no skill at all, then the very next matchup a warrior 3-4 shots me or a mage kills me in one deep. This game is broken.

Ferals are stupid strong right now and do need to be toned down in a few areas alongside many other specs in this game.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Warrior
I like "burst" in the game. But right now damage outside of burst CD's is too high. So when somebody does use CD's it just retarded to deal with.
The only spec I can say does need damage increase is balance. Outside of ANY cd I do no damage. I can rip into people with my spells and still watch their health hover at full.
Reply Quote
96 Tauren Druid
Woe
12/04/2012 05:44 AMPosted by Conclusion
I like "burst" in the game. But right now damage outside of burst CD's is too high.

I'm checking my calendar, apparently it's opposite day
Reply Quote
100 Undead Monk
12/04/2012 07:38 AMPosted by Antipodus
I like "burst" in the game. But right now damage outside of burst CD's is too high.

I'm checking my calendar, apparently it's opposite day

Ikr feral damage is easily healed thru without c/ds.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
12/04/2012 02:20 AMPosted by Finkllestein

Quoted For Freaking Fruth.

I actually dropped Incarnation. I loved the burst it's true! But when you show anyone you're a thundercat, be prepared to get CC'ed constantly and pray your trinket happens to be up. All they have to do is hold us off until the Berserk portion falls, then we're back to our typical energy starved state throwing one Ravage! every 6 seconds, which is about 3 of them before Incarnation falls. Berserk is more subtle when you're just spamming Shred.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
12/04/2012 05:30 AMPosted by Conclusion

A warrior in defensive stance with a shield/1h macro to equip can still die easy....
Healing reduction debuffs and a DK's necrotic strike can prevent second wind from healing much.
A warrior in 1h/shield defensive stance will not do any damage to be able to kill anything.

Having trouble killing a warrior? Is he giving you problems because hes using CD's smartly? Switch to his partner. Either he stays in no damage stance or he switches back and you just switch back to the warrior.

As a warrior, with a range silence/ridiculous amounts of stuns/2 forms of spell reflect... and you get one shot through second wind by a chaos bolt? Dude, don't come to the druid forums rationalizing how balanced warriors are. We have alts also, a lot of us have tried it out and we know just how stupid warriors are right now.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
I think the feral burst with cd stacking needs some changes, I agree that we are doing insane damage (I do not like this style of "pop a macro and spam one-three keys) but then that is the only thing allowing us to get a kill most of the time.

Our normal damage without cooldowns is fairly low against geared people (and any who does not just stand /afk waiting to be killed) it is easily healed through.

Most of the time in a 1v1 I am forced to pop my cooldowns since the incoming damage doubles my own (i.e a warrior spamming 40k overpower + 62k mortal strikes (non crit) while my bleeds tick for 10-25k)
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Mage

As a warrior, with a range silence/ridiculous amounts of stuns/2 forms of spell reflect... and you get one shot through second wind by a chaos bolt? Dude, don't come to the druid forums rationalizing how balanced warriors are. We have alts also, a lot of us have tried it out and we know just how stupid warriors are right now.

This. Warriors shouldn't be coming in here and complaining when they have so much more.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid

What Urth said.

Also, JUST switch back? With what energy? Do you even understand how painful it is to have to build a full dot stack from zero energy while making sure that Savage Roar is up the entire time? And that's necessary just to even begin to overcome the healing you get from Second Wind. In the 8 or 9 GCDs that they had to use to Rip + Rake you while trying to get behind you while waiting on energy, you'd have easily killed them.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Hunter
Granted ferals could use some nerf, I think the problem, as many have said, is CD stacking across the board.

If you look at every good damage class, you stack up a ton of CD's ontop of each other and blow someone up within a global or two, because burst healing is so high as well.

So to really fix it, I think cd's need to pop a cd on all other cooldowns (30 second cooldown or whatever) to keep CD stacking, while decreasing burst healing to make the game a lot more methodical. If burst healing wasn't so high, that means any pressure would be important. As of right now, you can heal someone once and go from basically dead to full hp in under 1.5 seconds.

While this is the case you can CC chain someone for a long time until you run out of DR then they can heal someone once, and boom the person you worked so hard to pressure, is full health and back at it, and you can't CC chain the healer any more for 30 seconds.

Increasing the healing reduction on resilienced target, might be an idea, while decreasing damage on resilienced targets. This serves as a PVP nerf to healing, and damage which can even things out in the grander scheme of things.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Warrior

To bad ranged silence is gone in pvp
To bad using one of those spell reflects uses macros and cd's
Chaos easily one shots through second wind.
And I responded because in the druid forums warriors were mentioned.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
12/04/2012 02:20 AMPosted by Finkllestein
get rid of Incarnation

!@#$ no, that's my. oh suddenly everyone stopped what they're doing to look at me? prowl, dash, cy@!
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
In my experience, arena matches are usually decided within the first 10 seconds of combat because both teams are using the same offensive strategy of shutting down the healer and bursting as quickly as possible. I do agree that the burst seems excessive.. but only if you are standing there grabbing your ankles while your teammates are busy trying to burst their target down at the same time instead of giving you peels.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Mage
12/04/2012 08:45 AMPosted by Conclusion

I heard pressing buttons is hard.

You're doing something wrong. I suggest you seek help in the warrior forums.
Edited by Bizznizz on 12/4/2012 10:51 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Warrior
12/04/2012 10:51 AMPosted by Bizznizz

I heard pressing buttons is hard.

You're doing something wrong. I suggest you seek help in the warrior forums.

You act like I can stop everything, I'm no pro player. Eventually a spell will hit me, and sometimes its the spells that hit hard.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]