[PvP] Feral next in line for nerfs?

90 Night Elf Druid
How I imagine they'll overnerf us:

-The act of shapeshifting no longer breaks roots for Druids choosing the Feral Specialization, Dash and Stampeding Roar continue to do so.
-The damage of Ravage has been reduced by approximately 30%.
-Cyclone is no longer made instant cast by the effects of Predator's Swiftness.

Those are the 3 biggest things people QQ about with feral so I wouldn't put it past them nerfing those 3 to the ground.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Hope so, spec has become FOTM once again.
Ghostcrawlers mage mustve lost a duel to a feral...

NERF FERALZ!!11!

You realize Ghost Crawler mains a druid right? primarily feral?

This has been known to many people for about a year now.
Edited by Narshyl on 12/5/2012 3:29 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
God damn, they already completely shafted our bear form defense (although it was kinda op). I wouldnt mind them to buff our bleeds and reduce ravage dmg a little. But id just like to be immune to fear while in berserk.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Mage

NERF FERALZ!!11!

10/10
Reply Quote
52 Troll Hunter
12/05/2012 12:09 AMPosted by Bizznizz
Hah. Well, in that case I think you should hold his feet to the fire

Would gladly do so :D

12/05/2012 01:37 AMPosted by Legend
Maybe now you're experiencing the "tax" for having been overpowered for so long.

Uhhh... since when has this so long been :O? Dragon Soul patch of Cata? I've never really experienced being THAT overpowered. I have had this game since Vanilla and BC, although I did not play that much. I played a loooot of Wrath. Played very little of Cata on a rogue, did not even get max level. I found Cataclysm was not to my like. MoP... I feel gimped :) Although, I will say, rogues are not in as bad of a place as everybody makes them out to be.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
In accordance to, what I guess others call, a "Hybrid tax".
March 2009: Patch 3.1 Released

Ghostcrawler states the basic logic behind the hybrid tax:

Ghostcrawler: Our logic is actually pretty simple. If hybrid classes can do the same dps as pure classes, then why have pure classes in the game? So we design the pure classes to do slightly higher dps.

They went back on this a long time ago. Why should hybrid classes suffer a hit to their viability just because they can choose different roles from multiple specs? It's not like we have "the best of both worlds" anymore. Hybrid classes have their self-heals for survivability, and pure classes have a much wider array of cooldowns for the same purpose.

The recent Rogue fixes made them a lot stronger.
Edited by Bootzilla on 12/5/2012 2:45 PM PST
Reply Quote

NERF FERALZ!!11!

Only heard of the mage, wasnt sure what classes he played.
Fair enough.

Still dont see how nerfing a feral is top on the list.
Id put nerfing a fewother classes in a minor way first.
Then buffing up some of the weaker classes.

Once the main OP/UP classes are brough back up a little, then see how feral compares.
There are classes suffering more and facerolling with more ease.

As with most classes that seem a lil overpowered, its the goodplayers making use of it, there are still plenty of warriors/mages and especially ferals that you can drop easy as hell.
Some are a fair bit easier then others to drop someone better then you just coz of ease to use/op versus a class taht takes more skill to compete at the same level.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
incarnation nature's vigil berserk IS DUMB. It has been dumb since the patch that introduced it. Every class has a 1shot macro that does dumb damage, if all of these stupid things were lowered the game would be alot more tolerable instead of the burst fest that is mop arena right now.

a simple, easy way to fix this, without affecting pve AT ALL, would be to increase the energy cost of ravage, incarnation NV and zerk MUST be used together in pve to get the most benefit, if you simply increase the energy cost of ravage you make it less spammable during berserk, but then youd have an overall lower amount of ravages done during the incarnation, at this point you simply increase the duration of incarnation.

if you find the sweet spot between ravage energy cost so its not spammable 4 times in a row right off the bat during a INCA/NV/ZERK macro, then simply increase the duration of incarnation so the same amount of ravages or same amount of dps is gained out of the talent as is gained now in pve, this would offset said energy cost change, THEN your in a great spot balance wise for both pve and pvp.

other then that i think feral is fine, some may not agree with me because they are getting rolled by cats using the inca nv zerk macro(faceroll spec imo) while playing with a warrior. root breaks are needed for a combo point bleed spec that has the highest ramp up time in the game, feral switches are slow and painful most of the time, Instant cyclone is NOT op, in a game where there is instant fear, instant aoe fears on 3 classes and each of their specs, 20 sec cd aoe shockwaves that lol do damage and stun and in a game where ring of frost has a 45 sec cd and every hpal and resto druid runs around cycloning and repenting everything they can, ferals instant clone is fine, just the fact it is dispellable is good enough, it was good enough in wotlk good enough in cata and its still fine now in mop.

tldr the only thing that needs to be changed is inca/nv/zerk macro and i gave directions for the blue that hopefully stumbles in this thread on how to fix it without screwing feral in pve, and still fixing the disgusting burst in pvp that is inca/nv/zerk macro.
Edited by Formless on 12/5/2012 3:11 PM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]