Sylvanas in MoP?

90 Pandaren Priest
I makes sense that she would play a role in the ousting of Garrosh. Will we see her in the Dominance Offensive quest line? I've only completed Domination Point, The Hordes Is Family and The Voice of the Gods parts of the achievement and so far there hasn't been any mention of the Forsaken. I seems than she would love nothing better than to see Garrosh killed and I think it would make an awesome addition to the story line. Thoughts?
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warrior
I have a theory that while the orcish armies are in Pandaria, Sylvanas will take control of Orgrimmar.....

just a theory though
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
I'm wagering she's hiding behind Garrosh's big war machine.

Inb4 Vyrin.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
That would be pretty cool. Although, I think the return of Thrall makes that kind of unlikely. Maybe Thrall could agree to temporary control or something if she thinks it would contribute to their cause? Although, the clandestine nature of the anti- Garrosh uprising also makes that difficult.
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
Kosak said she'll be doing stuff, so don't touch that dial.
Reply Quote
25 Blood Elf Paladin
12/04/2012 12:42 PMPosted by Grimtale
Kosak said she'll be doing stuff, so don't touch that dial.

Kosak is not a very reliable source for Forsaken related info. I think his fanboy excitement gets the better of him.

For example, he said she'd feature prominently in 5.1 but we know she isn't even mentioned.

I have no doubt she'll be doing stuff but I think that Blizzard wants to hold her and the Forsaken storyline in reserve for a future expansion.
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
12/04/2012 12:46 PMPosted by Vyrin
Kosak is not a very reliable source for Forsaken related info. I think his fanboy excitement gets the better of him.

And now you've gone and crushed the poor OP's hopes for something exciting.

I hope you're happy.

12/04/2012 12:31 PMPosted by Lorthuron
Inb4 Vyrin.

And I am not surprised in the least bit!
Reply Quote
25 Blood Elf Paladin
12/04/2012 12:50 PMPosted by Grimtale
And I am not surprised in the least bit!

A story forum regular posted in a story forum thread.

More at eleven.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
Woot calling devs names. AWESOME
Reply Quote
25 Blood Elf Paladin
12/04/2012 01:34 PMPosted by Lorthuron
Woot calling devs names. AWESOME

"Fanboy" is not an innately negative term. It just means that one is an exceptionally big fan of something.
Reply Quote
http://www.wowpedia.org/Sylvanas_Windrunner#Mists_of_Pandaria

Sylvanas has been confirmed to definitely play a role in the Horde-Alliance conflict and will most likely be touched upon in one of the later patches.[28] It has also been revealed that Sylvanas will play a role in the ousting of Garrosh Hellscream.[29]
Edited by Gornur on 12/4/2012 2:49 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Mage
12/04/2012 01:39 PMPosted by Vyrin
"Fanboy" is not an innately negative term. It just means that one is an exceptionally big fan of something.

Forgive me if I don't believe your use of it when describing "Fans of the Forsaken" is not intended as an innately negative term.

12/04/2012 02:47 PMPosted by Gornur
It has also been revealed that Sylvanas will play a role in the ousting of Garrosh Hellscream.[29]

Curious to see how that will go. Doubt she'll side with Garrosh because I don't really see them killing off two racial leaders with one blow and she still has her date with destiny when the Alleria returns. I'm curious to see what her motivations for fighting Garrosh will be though, assuming she'll have any revealed.
Edited by Jetzeppelin on 12/4/2012 3:35 PM PST
Reply Quote
25 Blood Elf Paladin
Sylvanas will be present in the Garrosh encounter for Horde players. She'll give players a buff called "Lordaeron's Lordaeron is Lordaeroning Lordaeron's Lordaeron" by yelling random excerpts of carefully selected pro-Forsaken posts from the official forums.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
12/04/2012 12:46 PMPosted by Vyrin
For example, he said she'd feature prominently in 5.1 but we know she isn't even mentioned.

really? I don't Remember him saying that. Then again I drift in and out so I'm not always on ball with the whole thing.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
I don't recall anything about him saying she would be in 5.1. Yeah he didn't say anything other then be related to Garrosh's downfall.
Reply Quote
12/04/2012 04:57 PMPosted by Lorthuron
I don't recall anything about him saying she would be in 5.1. Yeah he didn't say anything other then be related to Garrosh's downfall.

This is what I remember on the subject as well. He said that Sylvanas would be involved, but didn't specify exactly when.

Considering that Kosak is the lead quest designer, and therefore would of been practically in charge of 5.1 given that it's almost all quest content, I find it very difficult to believe he could of been mistaken on this point.

I'm thinking at bar minimum we'll have a sequence to explain why the Forsaken join the rebellion. It's pretty likely that the rebellion will be near-total in the end, at least among the traditional Horde races, and this means the Forsaken to.
Edited by Falrinn on 12/4/2012 5:27 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
The Forsaken had no reason to be there in 5.1, as it was essentially Garrosh's orcish vanguard with a few goblins. The only non-Orc is Kyrin and she was already in Pandaria so...

The Blood Elves were in Pandaria but even their main big even happened in Northrend so again, mostly Orcs in 5.1. I think Sylvanas will have to be given a good reason to wind up in Panaria or else I see her coming into play when the story goes to the Fall of Garrosh and the Seige of Orgrimmar.

Sylvanas has no interests in Pandaria, her forces are prettyt hin as is especially after Garrosh ordered the Gilneas invasion, so she doesn't have much to spare. She was also worried that the events at theramore would cause retribution on her, so right now I think she is plotting and weighing her options, I suspect she will play a small role in 5.2 building on the rebellion theme and play a much larger role down the road.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter

No one ever said that, just that she'd be a big part of the Horde rebellion. I'm assuming in 5.3.
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
First the trolls, then the blood elves...

It seems like Garrosh is systematically alienating each Horde race, so while Sylvanas may have to wait her turn, she will probably get her turn sooner or later.

We know that Lor'themar is plotting against Garrosh in 5.2, so perhaps Sylvanas' involvement in the rebellion isn't far behind.
Edited by Gibbons on 2/12/2013 10:02 PM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]