Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
meh i've read better...
>.>
trolol
You can't handle this, son.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
Yo dawg, I heard you like staggering. So we put some Stagger in your Shuffle so you can Shuffle while you Stagger.

amidoinitrite?
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
Almost done. Got a a few more things left to fill out, namely glyphs, gearing, and finally tips and tricks.

Needs more sticky requests!
Edited by Zegreiart on 11/22/2012 6:01 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Monk
Looks good, I'll have to give this a good read through once I'm done with turkey.
Thanks for posting this, voted for sticky.
Edited by Kegfist on 11/22/2012 8:17 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
Excellent guide, reminiscent of the guide I read a few months before the release of Mists on Disargeria.net with the added thoughts on abilities and usage tips. 10/10 for making me laugh at Xuen being renamed IWIN.

I suggest this be stickied.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
Exactly what I was looking for for my monk alt, thanks!

Requested for sticky
Reply Quote
Great guide!

Sticky requested.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warrior
I like it so far.

Sucks how Brewmaster Tao isn't on curse. No idea how to install it, and on a Mac too =(
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
11/22/2012 07:06 PMPosted by Faliz
Sucks how Brewmaster Tao isn't on curse. No idea how to install it, and on a Mac too =(

Curse has StaggerMeter, which I'm experimenting with (ie, haven't really tested yet since I haven't stuck my nose into a 5man to tank yet).

Anyone have any opinions on that one?
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
Curse has StaggerMeter, which I'm experimenting with (ie, haven't really tested yet since I haven't stuck my nose into a 5man to tank yet).

I'll test it tonight and get it up on the guide. It looks very promising.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
Nice guide, I didn't expect to but I learned a thing or two. I'm at a slight disagreement as to your opinions on our level 30 talents(I would 100% agree with you if there was a glyph for chi wave that made it not bounce to anyone but you and enemies), and I don't see the purpose of a full crit build in raid content. I know the idea is to be able to constantly have EB up, but you're missing out on so many other things by stacking that much crit I can't see it being very good, I might have to test it myself and see. Other than that though I like it, good job.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warrior
11/22/2012 07:13 PMPosted by Meditation

Thanks for the tip, I'll try it out now
Reply Quote
Great guide, thank you very much.

It's clear you've done your research and have provided a wealth of information.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
11/23/2012 07:20 AMPosted by Pandahmonium
I'm at a slight disagreement as to your opinions on our level 30 talents(I would 100% agree with you if there was a glyph for chi wave that made it not bounce to anyone but you and enemies)
The point with Chi Wave is it bursts harder than any of the other two talents. I may not have been clear enough on that (as I'm just trying to get it all out before I go back and really comb over everything). Zen Sphere ticks for a set amount based on our Vengeance and does not have haste breakpoints. It is great for staving off steady incoming damage (or to an extent offsetting stagger). Chi Burst just doesn't heal for as much as Chi Wave, though it will hit more targets. When I made my choice on which healing talent to use, I preferred the burst heal as an emergency.

I've survived more direct hits to the face because of Chi Wave. Zen Sphere could never keep me alive through those, so I dropped it in favor for it. I'd rather burst heal 80k in 3 seconds than have it have to tick out over the course of 16 seconds, ticking every 2 seconds (that's only 8 ticks).

Chi Wave is also a smart heal. If I don't need it, I can burst heal someone else (whomever the spell chooses to fly to and heal). Zen Sphere cannot do that. It will not save anyone who is ticking down. To burst heal with Zen Sphere, I have to use another 2 Chi to do so.

I swore on it in the beta, because it was disgustingly overpowered. I meant it when I said it is a sad husk of what it once was. Is it awful? No. But if you need a lifesaving heal, Zen Sphere will not do it. Chi Wave will, especially if you've targeted yourself for the first bounce.

If you don't mind, I'd like to add this to the guide. And if you have anything else you want to bring up, please do! I want you guys to come to me with your thoughts and opinions! This guide isn't just on what I know. I want this to be a collection from other brewmasters as well. If you all have something you want to add, or discuss, I'd love to read it and add it to the guide!!

Edit:
I don't see the purpose of a full crit build in raid content. I know the idea is to be able to constantly have EB up, but you're missing out on so many other things by stacking that much crit I can't see it being very good, I might have to test it myself and see.
It's DPS, pushes quickly towards the statue guard, and generates quite a few EB charges. It's indirectly an avoidance build since it fuels EB, and ups the chance our healing abilities crit. I've seen it, wasn't sure if it was for real or not, and I was surprised that it worked. How well though? I'm not terribly sure. Never tried it myself, but I thought it was worth mentioning, since I've seen more brewmasters run it than I thought I would.
Edited by Zegreiart on 11/23/2012 9:30 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
I often use Chi Wave as a way to help out the healers if need be. When doing Gara'jal the other night I pulled 10k healing just by spamming that in between BoK's and such.

Of course, this will be considerably lower once 5.1 hits.

Great guide though. I was originally in the Stamina crowd when gearing up/starting raids, but recently swapped to Agility and I don't see much of a difference aside from more frequent EB stacks, which of course goes a long way to providing more survivability.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
For sure! I'm glad you guys are enjoying it. Lets try to get this stickied (so I don't have to keep looking down the forum for it ">_>) so it's more accessible to everyone who wants to learn a thing or two about brewmasters!
Reply Quote
Forgot to mention requested for sticky, and figured this could use some bumpage.

Cheers
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
11/23/2012 09:27 AMPosted by Zegreiart
If you don't mind, I'd like to add this to the guide. And if you have anything else you want to bring up, please do!

I personally go with zen sphere most of the time. Would be nice to see a little bit explaining its uses. It's burst just like chi wave(it's actually more so, it just takes twice the chi and 2 globals). I don't use zen sphere for the ticking, I use it so I can explode it and heal me and all the melee dps for 150k each with a fat stack of vengeance. It works wonders on fights like elegon and blade lord, where those last few tense seconds when the healers are furiously mashing their aoes trying to keep everyone up for that list 2mil, and being able to heal half the raid for a good chunk like that can make or break the fight. And when the first boss in HoF does his force and verve, your healers will love you when everyone is under the bubbles and in range of popping the sphere. I can hit avert harm and pop a sphere and the healers barely have to pop a raid cd sometimes to get through it if everyone eats a cookie.

Don't get me wrong, chi wave is great, and there are some fights where I prefer it, I just don't like how all that burst healing can be wasted because you can't control who it bounces to. Like I said before, I would LOVE a glyph that makes it only bounce to enemies and you, even if it had a cost of like 15% reduced healing or something.

All of this talk about that tier of talents doesn't mean much right now imo, because once 5.1 hits I can see them not being worth the chi at all with such a big hit to their heal amount coming.
Edited by Pandahmonium on 11/23/2012 1:16 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
Great guide, very in-depth and informative. Needs a sticky. Thank you, Zeg.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]