90 Pandaren Monk
11/20/2012 02:14 AMPosted by Zegreiart
I am no longer playing WoW.

D:
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Hunter
Rating for 1%: 600
Agility for 1%: 1259

Crit gives us DPS (which translates into faster Statue Guard procs) and Elusive Brew charges.

Pros & Cons
Pros
-EB stacking (physical mitigation)
-Damage (Raid Healing)

Cons
-EB only useful on physical mitigation fights.

Stats
Crit works much like an avoidance build, and deals some damage while doing it. We're looking at a stat priority that goes like this:
Hit > Expertise > Crit > Haste = Parry > Dodge > Mastery

New monk here, does this mean when comparing gear on the fly I should look at Hit before Expertise, before Crit/Agility etc?

I assumed STR/STA would be the key abilities. Seems thats not the case for the BrM and just wanted to confirm.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Rogue
Is this guide still valid in 5.2, and soon, 5.3?

I'm a new monk here.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
New monk here, does this mean when comparing gear on the fly I should look at Hit before Expertise, before Crit/Agility etc?

Itemization this tier is in such a way that you actually want to avoid hit and expertise if given a choice between two pieces of gear for the same slot. I'm stuck at 8.70% hit until I can replace the VP trinket.

Agility will mostly come from the base stats of the gear and tweaked by socket color + socket bonuses. Typically we will only gem agil in red slots and even then it's the agil+X hybrids. My blue slots are agil+stam because of the hit cap issue.

AskMrRobot is pretty well tweaked for BrM right now you can typically put yourself in and set your personal haste cap and keep/remove the expertise soft cap and be good to go with suggestions.
Edited by Rikimu on 4/30/2013 12:04 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Hunter
Thanks Riki. I am nowhere near 90 with my monk just leveling as I go. As a Brewmaster should I prioritize agility over str/sta in terms of item stats? Just leveling gear here not raid gear.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
Agil, str/stam do nothing for you while leveling. Even raiding only 25m HC raiders stack much Stam/Mastery.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Hunter
Thanks Rikimu.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
i might take over this and refine it into a more current guide in 5.3 very much considering it
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
i might take over this and refine it into a more current guide in 5.3 very much considering it
You totally should.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Monk
pretty much the only annoying thing I have experience while tanking as BM is ignorant raiders asking me...y your health so low, dk has 700k u have 500k :/

Also, magic attacks that come in multiple waves too small for dampen harm is somewhat annoying, as we have v. few ways of mitigating that (I know i'm lazy and don't take diffuse magic but ehh.)

Even so, doing hilarious amounts of damage is always a plus, as is the ability to soak huge hits with dampen harm/purify afterwards
Reply Quote
Edit: better question

So I noticed in the guide you mentioned there is careful use of purifying brew. I have a few questions below about it, and its mostly due to my own observations as well as the fact that I am not sure if this part of the guide is still relevant to current patch.

I'm taking into account that you said it isn't up to date b/c unsubbing, and that's why I mostly have a question here.

It was said to be best done with an addon. I got StaggerWatch or something like that, can't remember its name but it had stagger in it. I haven't used it yet since I feel like the stagger bar under my chi bar looks like it is enough for me to keep close watch. Was the addon a suggestion that you made before they implemented this bar? Is there something this bar does not inform that an addon will?

I finally learned the ability Purifying Brew, and I like how it doesn't have a cooldown and only costs one chi. Was there some change that made Purifying Brew more convenient / easy to use? Just curious since the guide made it sound like it was extremely difficult to weave in. I guess the one chi could be valuable, but I am having no issue keeping up Shuffle as it is. I mean, it isn't even on the global cooldown. Plus the recent change to the level 30 talents not costing Chi may make it easier to use.

I'm new to BrM monks so any information / things that I may be obviously missing are very helpful, and ty for the guide.
Edited by Broldir on 5/27/2013 11:00 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
05/15/2013 01:38 AMPosted by Zegreiart
You totally should.

yes im very much considering it just have to find the time to sit here and refine it for 5.3 i'll probably do it in 5.4 honestly
Reply Quote
Blizzard with the new update some of the tanking on a brewmaster got tanked can u do something about it because u guys lowered keg smashes's dps i was thinking it would be helpful to raise the stanima, health, and stagger bonus from being in stance of the stury ox from 20% to 30%+ or at least 25% each thxs if u do make sure to think over it if u don't
Reply Quote
Blizzard with the new update some of the tanking on a brewmaster got tanked can u do something about it because u guys lowered keg smashes's dps i was thinking it would be helpful to raise the stanima, health, and stagger bonus from being in stance of the stury ox from 20% to 30%+ or at least 25% each thxs if u do make sure to think over it if u don't
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Monk
It was said to be best done with an addon. I got StaggerWatch or something like that, can't remember its name but it had stagger in it. I haven't used it yet since I feel like the stagger bar under my chi bar looks like it is enough for me to keep close watch. Was the addon a suggestion that you made before they implemented this bar? Is there something this bar does not inform that an addon will?
Probably, since Blizzard's stagger-bar only came by 5.2.

Also, there are many ppl that doesnt even know of Blizzard's stagger bar existence, because they use addons that hide blizzards frames and yet do not include a stagger bar.
Edited by Repimboca on 7/23/2013 8:03 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Death Knight
Why would a monk be a tank or a healer??? Why can't they just be DPS??? No offense ppl that play monks, but seriously, MONKS SUCK AT TANKING AND HEALING!!!!!
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
Why would a monk be a tank or a healer??? Why can't they just be DPS??? No offense ppl that play monks, but seriously, MONKS SUCK AT TANKING AND HEALING!!!!!

Where did the bad monk touch you? :C
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
MONKS SUCK AT TANKING AND HEALING!!!!!

This made my day so hard.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
08/08/2013 02:52 AMPosted by Zegreiart
MONKS SUCK AT TANKING AND HEALING!!!!!

I'm dying.

I can breathe.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
08/09/2013 10:39 PMPosted by Dragonling

I'm dying.

I can breathe.

#feels.

Also thinking about updating this come 5.4. Thoughts?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]