deleting character and account bound achieves

73 Blood Elf Mage
Not sure where to ask this so, but i figures here would be best.

I have a mage i got many FoS with and a large number of other achievments on. If i was to delete it, would i lose the FoS and acheiements across my account?
100 Human Warlock
Why would you delete the mage if it has so much stuff on it?
90 Goblin Mage
Not sure but why delete it?
73 Blood Elf Mage
Im running out of room. And havent touched it in 2 years. Lost intrest in it. Pretty much the norm why people delete stuff
100 Blood Elf Priest
I've been wondering this myself. My old priest has quite a few feats of strength, but now she just sits on a random server and I never log onto her anymore, so I'd like to get rid of her.

She's the one who got the HH mount though, so I don't know if I'd lose that and it's my favorite mount by far. Hence she gathers dust in a corner :x
73 Blood Elf Mage
I've been wondering this myself. My old priest has quite a few feats of strength, but now she just sits on a random server and I never log onto her anymore, so I'd like to get rid of her.

She's the one who got the HH mount though, so I don't know if I'd lose that and it's my favorite mount by far. Hence she gathers dust in a corner :x

I share your fears. Good to see im not the only one with this question!
90 Dwarf Death Knight
Since none of us can know this answer without trying, I'm bumping in hopes a blue can see it.
39 Tauren Shaman
I think so.
73 Blood Elf Mage
11/20/2012 01:48 PMPosted by Jasla
Since none of us can know this answer without trying, I'm bumping in hopes a blue can see it.

Yup. Ive been waiting for somthing official however i havent seen anything. Ivd wanted to make room for somthing else for a while. If any green, blue or somone with better investigating abilities then i could answer me i and many others would appreciate it very much :)
Edited by Tyrayn on 11/20/2012 2:12 PM PST
73 Blood Elf Mage
So, im still looking for anyone who can answer this. Would be very helpful for a lot of people with alts they may want to delete, but cant in fear of Achievement loss!
Blizzard Employee
Sending you over to Customer Support, Tyrayn. Perhaps Vrakthris can help ya. =)
100 Blood Elf Death Knight
With MOP, all achieves are account wide. You have no fear of losing anything except nostalgia.
Support Forum Agent
11/20/2012 01:27 PMPosted by Tyrayn
I have a mage i got many FoS with and a large number of other achievments on. If i was to delete it, would i lose the FoS and acheiements across my account?

As far as I am aware, Tyrayn, as long as the achievement is considered to be "account wide", even if the character is deleted the Battle.net account, and any associated characters should retain it.
Edited by Vrakthris on 11/20/2012 6:17 PM PST
90 Pandaren Monk
Would this apply to mounts and HK counts?

Ex - You restore a deleted toon that had 50k HKs, and this boosts your account HK count. If you delete said character, will you lose the HKs, mounts and Feats of Strength associated with it?

I'm also running out of room >.>
73 Blood Elf Mage
11/20/2012 06:06 PMPosted by Crithto

Thanks!

11/20/2012 06:16 PMPosted by Vrakthris

As far as I am aware, Tyrayn, as long as the achievement is considered to be "account wide", even if the character is deleted the Battle.net account, and any associated characters should retain it.

Fantastic. Just the answer I was hoping for.

Hopefully people can find this thread in the future to answer their question about Account Bound Achievements and alts :)
90 Human Death Knight
11/20/2012 07:46 PMPosted by Tyrayn

Thanks!

Hopefully people can find this thread in the future to answer their question about Account Bound Achievements and alts :)

'i deleted my paladin and remade it (i like leveling, dont ask me why) and that character was my only character with firelands. I no longer have a single firelands acheivement on my account, even though i did before the delete
100 Blood Elf Priest
Would this apply to mounts and HK counts?

Ex - You restore a deleted toon that had 50k HKs, and this boosts your account HK count. If you delete said character, will you lose the HKs, mounts and Feats of Strength associated with it?

I'm also running out of room >.>
Yes, that applies to mounts, as long as the mage character has been logged into since they did the change in order to add their achievements and mounts/in-game pets to the accounts full list.
90 Undead Mage
11/20/2012 09:57 PMPosted by Audioscience

Thanks!

'i deleted my paladin and remade it (i like leveling, dont ask me why) and that character was my only character with firelands. I no longer have a single firelands acheivement on my account, even though i did before the delete

Post the account-wide achievement upgrade? or before? I deleted a warrior with my netherrocket and still had it afterwards. Not sure about achievements though, but I would assume you would.
This topic has expired. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]