Ele Shaman Design Philosophy

26 Worgen Priest
Make it bad as possible without being 100% worthless, then slowly buff it every patch so that by the end of the expansion they are just under the middle of the pack in PvP and PvE.

Seen in patches 2.0, 3.0, 4.0, and 5.0
Reply Quote
You are 100% correct!
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
Truer words were never typed on these forums.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
Make it bad as possible without being 100% worthless, then slowly buff it every patch so that by the end of the expansion they are just under the middle of the pack in PvP and PvE.

Seen in patches 2.0, 3.0, 4.0, and 5.0

With every other class telling us that we're fine.
Reply Quote
"...In order to succeed as a shaman, you must play to the highest skill level so you can be 'on par' with everyone else"
Reply Quote
90 Troll Shaman
theres a reason my shaman had had the following macro for so many years

'/cast bloodlust
/y IMMA VALIDATIN MAH RAID SPOT'

but now thats not even true since mages (one of the strongest dps in current endgame) now gets our 'ticket into raids' that we used to have.
Reply Quote
42 Draenei Mage
11/22/2012 04:53 PMPosted by Thundahstahm
With every other class telling us that we're fine.

Because most of the time shamans aren't that bad.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
theres a reason my shaman had had the following macro for so many years

'/cast bloodlust
/y IMMA VALIDATIN MAH RAID SPOT'

but now thats not even true since mages (one of the strongest dps in current endgame) now gets our 'ticket into raids' that we used to have.

Oh lordy, I remember having that macro in Wrath.
Now I don't even bother hitting Bloodlust anymore unless we're doing a second one in a fight for some reason (rezzed person, special realm).
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
I think their damage is just fine in pvp even when getting trained, they just need a reliable oh !@#$ button or 2 to improve the survivability.

Me and my ele friend did fine this season, ran to 2150 in 3's, its just the fact that he's too vulnerable to burst that was holding us back from 2.2k
Edited by Doomgazer on 11/22/2012 6:03 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
I think their damage is just fine in pvp even when getting trained, they just need a reliable oh !@#$ button or 2 to improve the survivability.

Me and my ele friend did fine this season, ran to 2150 in 3's, its just the fact that he's too vulnerable to burst that was holding us back from 2.2k

I think thats most peoples concern. No one would say a Shaman can't do decent DPS in PVP. I don't know why people keep assuming thats what anyone is saying. The major problems are: (in no particular order)

1. No defense
2. Damage easily negligible (ascension is too easily CC'd)
3. Our CC is a joke
4. We're primarily hardcasters in a bursty world
5. Our talent trees current step on one another
6. Our totem system is archaic and self-defeating
7. Our abilities like SWG are also too easily dismissed
8. Too many necessary glyphs are out of reach

The list goes on. Its mechanical error and design flaws. Left alone, we're fine. But we aren't because we're a free kill. We've always been fine, but we used to have to stand in one place, no we have some mobility but no defense.

Meanwhile, Warriors and Mages, with great mobility and superior damage just steamroll us on the way to the actual fight.
Reply Quote
88 Draenei Shaman
11/22/2012 05:06 PMPosted by Enhancedone
"...In order to succeed as a shaman, you must play to the highest skill level so you can be 'on par' with everyone else"

That implies a level of skill required to play one.
Ele shamans have stupid burst due to Ascendance which is unfortunately a nerf not a buff due to pvp/pve burst balance issues.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
At least you got enhance doing pretty well.

None of my specs are worth anything PVE. BM is the best for hunters single target but it's still miles behind most other classes top spec.

Yeah but we can all agree to suffer in PVE is far less painful than suffering in PVP.
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Shaman
I sat down with my arena partner the other day so we could theory craft on what i might be doing wrong. He plays a ret pally. We duled.....the biggest question of the matches were, 1.ok so i did x, what do you have to mitigate. My reply was " I have Y" then he says im doing this, what do you have? My reply was " I have z " Then he said im casting this what do you have? I said my trinket....and his reply was... if i do this and drop my hammer what do you have?...My reply....A very shallow grave. Ele is broken.
Reply Quote
5 Tauren Shaman
Look, someone has to make other specs feel better about themselves. Ele fills that role.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
Wait, you mean you guys don't love being worst or the second worst PvE DPS class in the game, year after year after year? What else is new.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]