want to learn to raid

90 Blood Elf Priest
looking for a guild to teach me to raid. I am dps/heal with a 465item level. i play every evening/night send me a message in game
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
Good luck in your search. Check out some of the recruitment threads here and keep an eye out for pug groups forming in trade chat. Depending on your experience, getting into a raid group is going to be tough, but don't get discouraged.
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
I think that a lot of guilds would be willing to bring along someone new as long as they are willing to take direction and learn and it seems that this brave soul has taken the first step quite well.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
Download dbm
learn your priority rotation
learn your proper stat weights
don't stand in bad stuff unless told to.
watch dbm timers and react accordingly to each ability and how websites tell you.

do these 5 things and you now know how to raid, the rest you'll pick up as you play.
Reply Quote
97 Tauren Warrior
Its funny, I read through this and see a ton of stuff that most ppl who raid do not do.....some examples would be.....watch videos, know stats, optimize forging (not use a bot), watch videos, read websites, watch dbm timers lol, WATCH VIDEOS.

If you can do half of the things that people recommend but not do themselves, you'll do just fine.

Oh did I mention, WATCH VIDEOS. Just making sure. Expecting a raid lead to hold hands and say, "Ok, theres going to be these purple spots.....stay out of them" isn't the way to be an active raid member.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
I haven't watched a video since they released the dungeon journal. I find it a better resource anyways.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
AFK
11/26/2012 07:38 AMPosted by Krankheit
I haven't watched a video since they released the dungeon journal. I find it a better resource anyways.

Meh, to each their own. I find the dungeon journal worthless outside of checking out the gear.

Haven't raided this expansion. No real reason to right now. However, I've taken the time to watch the strat videos and may step into LFR one day for S's and G's.

Xandorin, I think Salloreon gave the best summation of it all. I go DBM over BigWigs since I switched a couple of expansions back. Try both and see what you like. To raid you must put forth the effort. If each person in say a 10 man raid isn't putting forth the effort you can expect wipes. Good luck with it.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]