Ascendance (Ele) Hick Ups

90 Draenei Shaman
By that I mean the rhythm is too easily thrown off by Lava Surge procs. It feels like I've been silenced whenever a surge comes up, causing a gcd to be consumed and then having to hard cast the next Lava Burst. Would it be too much to ask that while using Ascendance that Lava Burst be insta cast outright? I don't think it'd make a difference in terms of dps and it'd have better rhythm.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
This would be outright ridiculous in PvP.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
11/24/2012 08:02 AMPosted by Stierzorn

Nope, you'd just do the same thing you currently do which is CC and forget about it.

Stop pretending Shaman are Frost Mages.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Hunter
Nope, you'd just do the same thing you currently do which is CC and forget about it.

.. If the shammy was smart they could pop it near some LOS, instant lava burst, and pillar hump just before a CC goes out on them and then go back to casting. You can also wind shear them still, not to mention if we're being serious here this should be in an arena setting and 2 of your enemies will be CC'd in 3v3 before you pop Ascendance and your partners will also have ways to prevent you from being CC'd/ keep them CC'd while you dish out damage.

... They are not frost mages, but do not stick your head in the sand either.
Reply Quote
26 Worgen Priest
I dunno. It's balanced for Demo locks to do insane instant cast damage.

But remember Ele shaman are supposed to be garbage and constantly nerfed ask Ghostcrawler.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Hunter
I dunno. It's balanced for Demo locks to do insane instant cast damage.

But remember Ele shaman are supposed to be garbage and constantly nerfed ask Ghostcrawler.
Just because one class is imbalanced doesn't mean we should try to make the others imbalanced as well.

I'm not arguing against shammies btw, they have their fair share of issues which need addressing. I just think the first response to the OP brings up a valid issue.
Reply Quote
100 Orc Shaman
HC
11/24/2012 08:02 AMPosted by Stierzorn

The amount of LvB going out would be the same, would have very little effect actually. Ele shamans would still have the longest burst time to kill some one anyways.
Edited by Sensations on 11/24/2012 9:40 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
Just because one class is imbalanced doesn't mean we should try to make the others imbalanced as well.

I'm not arguing against shammies btw, they have their fair share of issues which need addressing. I just think the first response to the OP brings up a valid issue.

yes you are. The OP suggestion isn't something I'll debate because I don't think its the change we should ask for. As Sens said, it wouldn't effect much at all. But at this rate, I can't handle anyone saying anything other than buff Shaman because other classes are constantly using dog-whistle comments that all translate to "You're fine" when we're the farthest thing from fine.

5 years we've been saying give us a Defensive CD and its the one thing they've only ever taken away from us. Original AS was a solid thing, we needed an activated one, but at least AS prevented tunneling. Now they give us a crap shield run through a totem (which is the worst system imaginable today) with a flat-numbered amount of absorption.

How in the same of all that is good and reasonable are you going to use flat-numbers in 2012 when you know (They should know) that you move at the pace of a sloth when it comes to buffs/nerfs. Its so outlandish to even talk about this because no one refutes it - no one thinks flat numbers will work.
Reply Quote
26 Worgen Priest
This change would just leave to more Ele tunneling and spamming stuns / silences moreso already. It would give Ele something to counter act being trained 24/7 which already happens but since things like Chaos Wave and Frost Bomb hit twice as much as lava burst I don't think it's too big of a deal. You won't see a wave of people rerolling Ele and if they do they will drop dead within 20 seconds.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Hunter
11/24/2012 09:56 AMPosted by Thundahstahm
yes you are
Glad to know you know what I'm thinking and can put words into my mouth for me. Thanks.

11/24/2012 09:56 AMPosted by Thundahstahm
I can't handle anyone saying anything other than buff Shaman
Oh wait, that's probably the culprit for that.

At any rate, I never said shammies were fine, nor did I even remotely imply it. Please reread what I said instead of taking my comments out of context and implying that I thought shammies were fine. All I stated was I do not think the suggested solution would be the best because it could have repercussions in other areas.
Reply Quote
97 Dwarf Hunter
11/24/2012 08:34 AMPosted by Thundahstahm

Up to 15 instant cast guaranteed crit lava bursts in a row? That would be stupidly OP, especially considering you wouldn't be able to be interrupted.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
11/24/2012 10:25 AMPosted by Death
This change would just leave to more Ele tunneling and spamming stuns / silences moreso already. It would give Ele something to counter act being trained 24/7 which already happens but since things like Chaos Wave and Frost Bomb hit twice as much as lava burst I don't think it's too big of a deal. You won't see a wave of people rerolling Ele and if they do they will drop dead within 20 seconds.
Reply Quote
97 Dwarf Hunter
11/24/2012 10:25 AMPosted by Death

Why do you think they are nerfing BM? Everything about them sucked except their cooldown reliant burst, and 15 instant cast lava bursts would do way more damage than BM burst.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Paladin
11/25/2012 11:23 AMPosted by Spinnerdh

Why do you think they are nerfing BM? Everything about them sucked except their cooldown reliant burst, and 15 instant cast lava bursts would do way more damage than BM burst.

BM burst would follow you where ever you went, tearing you to pieces without you being able to respond. Against an Elemental Shaman crowd control effects actually work as does line of sight. Not to mention that all of Elemental's burst relies on the target having a dot on them. Remove that dot, and the damage evaporates.
Reply Quote
26 Worgen Priest
11/25/2012 11:23 AMPosted by Spinnerdh

Lava burst hits for like 19k with on use trinket up, dispel flame shock.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Hunter
you're all forgetting echo of elements and mastery it could be upwards of 40+ guaranteed crit lavabursts if RNG loves the shammy
Reply Quote
26 Worgen Priest
11/25/2012 03:36 PMPosted by Juntarg
you're all forgetting echo of elements and mastery it could be upwards of 40+ guaranteed crit lavabursts if RNG loves the shammy

There is a less than 1% percent chance to even do enough damage to kill someone in 5 seconds. Compared to a mage who can have 100% chance to kill someone 100-0 in a deep freeze (target is CC'd) with all instant casts as well. Demo locks can do the same if they get chaos wave crits.

Yes it will do a lot of damage but it's more RNG than the other casts and is easily CCable as it's a big flashy animation.

With 0 procs and no flame shock dispel/CC ascendance would do about 500k to a fully geared target that's about the same as what a warrior can do in 2 seconds with a heroic strike crit for 300k and an execute for 200k. I mean warriors are a horrible example as they are being nerfed where they can only get up to about 180k heroic strikes.

Ele lacks any form of a spammable CC that all the other casters have and has very weak peels and it's only CC outside of hex is a capacitor totem which takes 5 seconds to set up and only has 8 yard range with 5 hp. Ele also has no escape mechanic that all the other casters have.

Ele is only facing nerfs in the future and I really don't see this breaking elemental.

But the odds of ele ever getting buffed LOLOL.
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
CFT
11/24/2012 08:34 AMPosted by Thundahstahm

Really? And here I supported you dirty Shamans.

You're supposed to be the humble, underpowered, class, not the poor beggar who flings poop at you when you don't give him change.
Reply Quote
26 Worgen Priest
11/25/2012 04:17 PMPosted by Pewpewblast

You're supposed to be the humble, underpowered, class, not the poor beggar who flings poop at you when you don't give him change.

It's hard to eat dirt for 3 years and still be happy about it.
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
CFT
11/25/2012 04:18 PMPosted by Death

It's hard to eat dirt for 3 years and still be happy about it.

I'd imagine it's even harder to have everything going for you and then be completely obliterated by a line of talents, though I'm speaking on a PvE level.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]