Is there a Glaive Toss/Arcane Shot macro?

80 Tauren Warrior
I'm looking for a macro to cast Glaive Toss, or, if it's on cooldown, Arcane Shot. Then, once it is back off cooldown, cast Glaive Shot again.

I tried /castsequence reset=15 Glaive Toss, Arcane Shot

But after I cast Arcane Shot once, the button changes back to Glaive Toss, which is still on cooldown. Is there any way to make this macro?
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Hunter
No, macros can't make decisions for you. Otherwise you'd just type in your priority and spam a single button. You can't put two skills that are on the GCD in the same macro. When the first fails, it will stop the macro.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Hunter
I think you could just fill in the castsequence with more Arcane Shots:

/castsequence reset=15 Glaive Toss, Arcane Shot, Arcane Shot, Arcane Shot...

Etc. Haven't tested though as I don't use castsequence macros for anything.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Hunter
You CAN... but it cant take into account focus... and therefore is completely useless because the macro would break as soon as you hit 0 focus. Macros cant read focus and therefore will always prioritize arcane shot when you don't want it to.

Stench is right, but once you hit 0 focus... its stuffed because when you have a thrill proc, it will use the arcane shot over the glaive toss, therefore waiting another 15sec.

Just use 2 buttons....
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
Agreed, it wont work with our focus....however, i just use this macro and works decent (when i have enough focus to support it. Might not do all of them on CD exactly but toss in a few Cobra shots and works pretty well.

#showtooltip Arcane Shot
/cast Arcane Shot
/cast Glaive Toss
/cast Dire Beast
/script UIErrorsFrame:Clear()
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Hunter
The closest thing to get what you're asking for is what Stenchdrool suggests, adding loads of Arcane Shots to the end. You'll also want to lower the reset time to 2 or 3 seconds.

The reason is because the reset countdown starts from when you last pressed the macro, not from when you first pressed it. For example, if you have a castsequence with "null" at the end and keep spamming the button forever, it'll never reset. A lot of people don't realize the reset starts its count when you stop pressing it, and you can now see why it's not as optimal as having a keybind for each ability and that's by design. Not saying castsequence doesn't have its place, but you certainly can't 1 button your character like in the past.
Reply Quote
90 Human Hunter
#showtooltip
/Cast [nomod] Arcane Shot
/cast [mod:shift] Glaive Toss

Press shift with the bind and itll change the button to Glaive toss. Voilá.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Hunter

Just use 2 buttons....

The problem is it's not just 2 buttons.. it's 2 of ...damn I've lost count... Well a bunch. We're so overloaded with buttons atm, I don't blame him trying to cut down the number a bit.
Reply Quote
11/25/2012 08:32 PMPosted by Saudade
Just use 2 buttons....
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Hunter
The problem is it's not just 2 buttons.. it's 2 of ...damn I've lost count... Well a bunch. We're so overloaded with buttons atm, I don't blame him trying to cut down the number a bit.

I mean this in the nicest of ways but nearly everyone else can manage it, why cant you? Id highly suggest in getting a naga if you don't already have one, its well worth the investment.

Its the curse of the hunter sadly, we have one of the largest toolkits of all the class's.

#showtooltip
/Cast [nomod] Arcane Shot
/cast [mod:shift] Glaive Toss

Press shift with the bind and itll change the button to Glaive toss. Voilá

That fixes nothing, if you are not using shift as a modifier already, well your beyond hope at this point.
I personally use 1 through = and quite a few letters and what not along with ctl, alt, shift, Shift+Alt ect ect modifiers. The F keys are about the only ones i don't use id say.

More to on topic, its really not a good idea to bind a AoE skill on your main focus dump skill. Its not that hard to manage it as another button and would put you in a better state in the end.
Edited by Talva on 11/26/2012 9:37 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Hunter
Get a Naga mouse.
Use shift/ctrl/alt modifiers on your keybinds.
Become a clicker (LOL).

Elvui
Bartender
Dominos
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Hunter
hmmmmm fancy mouse.... /drools

We're all managing, otherwise we wouldn't still be playing hunters. :P

That doesn't mean the rotation hasn't gotten a bit ridiculous. Looking at a min of 7 abilities before you start counting CDs. Then you dump the "tool tip" kit on top, and you have a cluster@#$@#. The bloats just gotten outta hand. I blame the new talent system. The feel obligated to give us a new button almost every tier.
Reply Quote
If anything macro Dire Beast into Arcane Shot and use the extra button for Glaive Toss.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Hunter
Pretty sure everyone already does that... or uses thrill of the hunt. It's not really an issue.

The real problem is we have a reasonable rotation as a base line, but then talents 30, 75 and 90 all force you to add a button. (Only one of which is utility instead of a rotation button)

They should change either the lvl 75 or lvl 90 teir to give either a utility button or a passive ability.
Edited by Morcinna on 11/27/2012 12:21 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Hunter
HERE IS THE ANSWER!!!
#showtooltip Arcane Shot
/castsequence !Arcane Shot
/cast Glaive Toss

Works perfectly, will cast glaive toss if the cd is ready and otherwise it will cast arcane shot.
Edited by Sháwtz on 11/27/2012 8:26 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Troll Hunter
11/26/2012 12:15 PMPosted by Mezasu
Become a clicker (LOL).

The best option, clearly.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Hunter
11/26/2012 12:15 PMPosted by Mezasu
Become a clicker (LOL).
I'm too beast to keybind. The game would break if I did.

Your move!
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Hunter
HERE IS THE ANSWER!!!
#showtooltip Arcane Shot
/cast Glaive Toss

Works perfectly, will cast glaive toss if the cd is ready and otherwise it will cast arcane shot.

o.O does that actually work? man you're gunna make me log back in and test

Edit: Well it does sorta. Glave toss takes awhile to recast after getting off CD.

Edit2: Sometimes it takes a REALLY long time for Glave to fire....not ideal at all.
Edited by Morcinna on 11/28/2012 2:58 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
Pretty sure everyone already does that... or uses thrill of the hunt. It's not really an issue.

The real problem is we have a reasonable rotation as a base line, but then talents 30, 75 and 90 all force you to add a button. (Only one of which is utility instead of a rotation button)

They should change either the lvl 75 or lvl 90 teir to give either a utility button or a passive ability.

dire beast, all 3 level 85 abilities and glaive toss should be off the gcd imo. then you can just macro them into whatever and have fewer buttons to hit

in their effort to make classes less complicated, they made hunters moreso
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
HERE IS THE ANSWER!!!
#showtooltip Arcane Shot
/cast Glaive Toss

never fires glaive toss for me
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]