Over-used Characters.

90 Draenei Paladin
I thought it would be fun to list a few with you guys.

The blind Hunters. On almost every occasion that I meet one, they're wearing a blindfold and move about by relying on their other senses.

What characters have you all seen repeatedly?
Reply Quote
87 Blood Elf Rogue
Overused? I think just about any character who portrays themselves as something bada$$. There are so many around...and the ones who are "evil" and try so hard to beat up on everyone. Then they whine because hardly anyone rps with them...

Also, drunk characters, throwing up on everyone. DISGUSTING!
Reply Quote
36 Undead Priest
Meh, drunks are okay. I played an alcoholic undead. Since he can't get the same effect from alcohol like living, he was pissed.
I really hate blind people who say they have only been blind 10 years out of their 25 year life so they can walk around streets and can do martial arts because they are so used to be blind. Blind RPers in general.
Blood elf people who try to RP as outcasts of the society, like the bad boys.
Blood elves in general.
Reply Quote
70 Human Paladin
Hippy, pacifistic, vegetarian night elves.

Gah, it's like nails on a chalkboard every time I see one, which is far too often (especially from priests and druids.)
Edited by Istella on 11/26/2012 5:46 PM PST
Reply Quote
89 Night Elf Warrior
What about Night Elves who honestly couldn't be assed about the war if it didn't touch Night Elven territory? =p
Reply Quote
72 Blood Elf Mage
People who use the "split personality" excuse to play a sweet, giggling maid who can also beat the piss out of the most hardened warrior at the drop of a hat then revert back to a waifish innocent the next second.
Reply Quote
22 Undead Warlock
Warlocks with enough power to blow up the world in a burst of demonic energy, with demons that can crush your skull without thinking...
Reply Quote
1 Human Rogue
11/26/2012 05:26 PMPosted by Srdotsalot
Warlocks with enough power to blow up the world in a burst of demonic energy, with demons that can crush your skull without thinking...

To be fair, the crushing of skulls isn't an activity which depends on thought. >_>

I wish my old account hadn't been banned. I really should have saved my "Cliche Character types" write up.
Reply Quote
22 Undead Warlock
Well, true, I guess I coulda worded it better. I meant demons who are so powerful a simple squeeze could crush your skull; they wouldn't even have to try.

And I do too. You probably have the best cliché character ideas here.
Reply Quote
The super zealous, over religious paladin/priest.
Reply Quote
While in the Cathedral Square area, some girl was RPing as a 10 year old who apparently knew all these vulgar words, and then she said she'd kill me and eat me. She also said that she tore someones arm off earlier that day, and then her eyes turned pink. I don't even...

But yea, I see a ton of guards around...and people who walk around town in full battle armor. Why do you walk into a tavern covered head to toe in plate armor!?!?
Reply Quote
90 Troll Warlock
Battle hardened warriors who don't have a single scratch on them.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Hunter
Pandaren Monks! But I'll never get tired of them as long as they're played and handled well.

I'd personally like to see a Pandaren who goes overboard on the "Preserve the Balance" philosophy. It seems like a concept ripe for shenanigans. "Balance in all things! ...Even sobriety. -hic!-"
Reply Quote
83 Blood Elf Warlock
House cat druids.

You know, the attention starved people who butt into your RP with their noggenfoggered cat form druids and do nothing but rub up against people's legs, purr and meow? Generally being distracting?

I see them far too often for my liking.
Edited by Seyl on 11/26/2012 10:05 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Mage
11/26/2012 07:29 PMPosted by Floim
Why do you walk into a tavern covered head to toe in plate armor!?!?

Have you seen some of the crap that goes on in Stormwind?!

11/26/2012 08:24 PMPosted by Volkuza
Battle hardened warriors who don't have a single scratch on them.

To be fair to this... that's kind of why plate armour exists. To prevent cuts and wounds.

As for me... I think the thing I'm getting extremely tired of seeing is... apologist Scarlet roleplayers - I think a person RPing a part of the Scarlet Crusade that wasn't touched by the overarching crazy shouldn't be an apologist for the actions of the Crusade at large. It's just annoying seeing a member of the Crusade apologizing to warlocks and Death Knights and the like...

... and on that note. Warlocks who march around Stormwind letting everyone know they're clearly a warlock.

Just... just needs to stop.
Reply Quote
36 Undead Priest
Oh, need I forgot. DKs who wear fancy robes, and for that matter, blood elf dks. Blood elf DKs can be good, but former san'layn traitors and just. Argh.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Warlock
11/26/2012 10:16 PMPosted by Maoseitun
To be fair to this... that's kind of why plate armour exists. To prevent cuts and wounds.

Warriors out in the world don't have their armor on 100% of the time.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Mage

Warriors out in the world don't have their armor on 100% of the time.

I'll give you that - but how often does something occur while bathing?

(I didn't add sleeping or bar fights because I'm giving those to you... bathing is the only one I can think of).
Edited by Maoseitun on 11/26/2012 11:56 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Troll Warlock
11/26/2012 11:55 PMPosted by Maoseitun
I'll give you that - but how often does something occur while bathing?

If your character has been battling Orcs for 15 years, it is reasonable to assume some damage was sustained in the process.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]