Over-used Characters.

36 Undead Priest
"LOL my character is so badas-s that he is 9'5 feet tall and if he wnated to smash his face aginst the wall in anger the wall would break and LOL you can't beat him because he's badas-s lol!"
It's fine to be somewhat okay to be bad-a-s-s but if you over use it? It's terrible.
Reply Quote
The only other thing that bothers me, and still somehow continues to seem lore abiding and completely logical, is healing.
People RPing with extreme healing abilities that counteract nature itself, for instance, healing a wounded soldier who's arm has been cut off, replacing the lost limb. This goes past the pre-determined boundaries of healing that we've seen in game. I've witnessed roleplays where a player had instantly healed their own severed leg in the midst of battle.

Agreed.

When I RP healing, its not an easy thing and no way can severed limbs be 'regrown'.

What if I use Regrowth ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) ?
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Death Knight
I am seeing entirely too many death knights who think they are peace loving carebears who fall in love and get married and have kids...

I am a DEATH KNIGHT! I kill things, I do not fall in love! I am not interested in sex, my private parts will remain so, heck I do not even think they are there anymore. Does my character have regrets? Yes, Does he dwell on them and run around all EMO? NO!

Is he a battle scarred veteran? Yes, he was raised by the Lich King and escaped his control, but he is still a warrior. He fights, he kills, he exists to do more of the same. He may be a bit mellower as time goes by and he finds ways of coping with his inner craving. His brothers and sisters in the Ebon Blade are his family. They understand him and what he is going through.

But rp with him is restricted to talk of battles past and those planned in the future. He does not drink or eat, in fact he hardly ever rests. He is trying to restore the honor of his House. Being the last one, he believes, in the lineage, he has no hope of passing on his heritage unless he finds long lost relatives.

This 100% - THIS. and -50 DKP to anyone who has a pregnant DK.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Monk
The only other thing that bothers me, and still somehow continues to seem lore abiding and completely logical, is healing.
People RPing with extreme healing abilities that counteract nature itself, for instance, healing a wounded soldier who's arm has been cut off, replacing the lost limb. This goes past the pre-determined boundaries of healing that we've seen in game. I've witnessed roleplays where a player had instantly healed their own severed leg in the midst of battle.

I RP a pandaren healer who relies on traditional, mundane means of healing, and is irritated at the overreliance of magical healing. XD

"Magic does not put a dislocated bone back in place! Magic does not replace the teeth knocked out of your face! Magic does not get rid of bad acne!"
Edited by Kailiang on 3/1/2013 5:59 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Rogue
Ninjas that don't burn down things.
Reply Quote
While not to common on the servers I RP, Paladins who feel the urge to purge EVERYONE of their sins, even when doing so could be considered a sin itself by their own warped morality. We are warriors of the light, NOT a church militant (THAT would be the Scarlet Crusade).
Edited by Hoiecow on 3/3/2013 9:33 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior

I'll give you that - but how often does something occur while bathing?

(I didn't add sleeping or bar fights because I'm giving those to you... bathing is the only one I can think of).

Bar fights, ambushes when at rest in camp or sleeping, training (scarred hands, accidental injuries), duels, general fights when at war (many weapons intended for more than one hand relied more on the ability to crush armor inwards rather than to hew straight through it; cuts and stabs and the like happen when there's a big enough rent to jam your smaller blade into), ambushes while tired while on sentry duty, traitors in the camp, house attacked by brigands or opposing faction, made enemies among the opposing faction by being too awesome at fighting so when they're around town there's an assassination attempt, rode in half plate for speed and was attacked, magical attack, out hunting and attacked by a bear...

There's no shortage of reasons or ways a guy is caught off guard without his armor. Five tour frontline vets with no injuries are lazy authors, not good swordsmen.

And, for that matter, I expect everyone who RPs to at least know the rudimentaries of what they're writing. Best if they're good at it IRL, but it's fine if they look it up on Wikipedia or something. Do a little research. I guess my biggest peeve is people who RP medics and don't know how to do medical stuff, I see that way too often.

IRL I did 2 years in Iraq and all I have is some missing cartillage in my knees and an occational flash back. It's not unreasonable to say that the scars a warrior would be minimal. If I where to take up RPing again I would resume a battle weary warrior with few physical scars but battered knees and a wicked beard.
Reply Quote
88 Night Elf Rogue
Septre has scars. Even to this day with being on a diff server from whence the RP happened. Her left foot is disfigured from the same event. A random lower level druid was there and was able to keep her alive, while someone RPing as a medic who removed the bullet the old fashioned way and stitched her up and even did her best to bind the foot.

To this day Septre has a spider web shaped scar on the right side of her stomach, a smaller one on her back (the bad gnome shot her twice there and the first bullet went through), and her foot was shot as well ( which was an accident when a device Septre (an Engineer) rigged to blow up startled the gnome and his twitchy finger shot her in the foot ).....

I've had people since then read my MRP bio and just walk up and try to use magic to erase the scars and correct her foot........

I've ignored such actions.

THat's my pet peeve..... Just randomly walking up to my character (or anyone's character) and going "POOF!! You are healed. No more scars/disfigurements/etc." o.o
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
Septre has scars. Even to this day with being on a diff server from whence the RP happened. Her left foot is disfigured from the same event. A random lower level druid was there and was able to keep her alive, while someone RPing as a medic who removed the bullet the old fashioned way and stitched her up and even did her best to bind the foot.

To this day Septre has a spider web shaped scar on the right side of her stomach, a smaller one on her back (the bad gnome shot her twice there and the first bullet went through), and her foot was shot as well ( which was an accident when a device Septre (an Engineer) rigged to blow up startled the gnome and his twitchy finger shot her in the foot ).....

I've had people since then read my MRP bio and just walk up and try to use magic to erase the scars and correct her foot........

I've ignored such actions.

THat's my pet peeve..... Just randomly walking up to my character (or anyone's character) and going "POOF!! You are healed. No more scars/disfigurements/etc." o.o

I can see how that would be annoying, imperfections to me is what makes a role play character unique. Most characters as you may see in many role play situations are hot chicks and big buff dudes. I've never seen anyone play a short fat hairy chick and some skinny wimpy guy that looks like a blood elf male with no muscle and a few chin hairs that they mistakenly call a beard.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
I see the Rags-To-Riches characters a lot >_>
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
Mystie..ever see a riches to rags type?
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
House cat druids.

You know, the attention starved people who butt into your RP with their noggenfoggered cat form druids and do nothing but rub up against people's legs, purr and meow? Generally being distracting?

I see them far too often for my liking.

This This This!!!! I have a druid who stagnates against his own kind that do this!! It drives me insane!! AAHHHH!!!
But to me, there have been way to many people rp'ing outside of the normal bounds of lore. You can call me a lore wh*re all you want, but seeing people rp as raving half orc/Belfs who have a dragon form make me want to reach through my screen and bash their head against their keyboard untill they have no teeth left.

On a happy note, nope never mind there is no happy note.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
03/01/2013 05:50 AMPosted by Ayelene
This 100% - THIS. and -50 DKP to anyone who has a pregnant DK.

What is this I don't even
Reply Quote
03/05/2013 07:50 AMPosted by Zandrae
What is this I don't even

Agreed.

I saw a 4 year old orc child warlock.
No.

Children are stupid to RP. They barely know how to use the bathroom in the proper place, let alone cast spells. Seriously.

Also, people that do insanely unrealistic things. You just blocked an enraged orc with a battleaxe with your rapier? No.
Your wooden shield stopped that? What is it? 3 feet thick? Give me a break.
A shield that NEVER breaks? No.
There are limits to the materials we use and the magic we yield. Stop being all powerful and start getting crafty.
Edited by Khetep on 3/5/2013 9:38 AM PST
Reply Quote
42 Human Hunter
03/01/2013 05:50 AMPosted by Ayelene
This 100% - THIS. and -50 DKP to anyone who has a pregnant DK

Wait what? What? No! No! That's that horrible idea. Not to mention biologically impossible.
Reply Quote
71 Goblin Warrior
03/05/2013 09:39 AMPosted by Hammerlóck
This 100% - THIS. and -50 DKP to anyone who has a pregnant DK

Wait what? What? No! No! That's that horrible idea. Not to mention biologically impossible.

He DID say minus 50 DKP.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
03/04/2013 07:13 PMPosted by Bannanaclip
Mystie..ever see a riches to rags type?

Yeah but not as often.
Reply Quote
Night Elf or Human demon hunters.

I'm tired of seeing demon hunters, sheesh.
Reply Quote
Also, I RP my DK as irritable and violent, but he is also married, and has two kids. (Long, complicated story involving three months IRL time and a group of casters.) I just wanted a family and DK's can logically be returned to life IC. Get a few warlocks or mages who can get their hands dirty and you can restore blood flow, heartbeat, and the such. Magic
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]