Over-used Characters.

90 Troll Warlock
No sure if it's already been said but...
Any character ever with eyes that change color.

Iris pigmentation can change based on a lot of factors. Exposure to varying amounts of light or even emotional responses can trigger a change in pigmentation in people. My eyes have a spectrum of dark brown to green, which change from day to day.

It's not a -uncommon- trait, but it is overused in most characters, especially when the color change is very fast.

"her eyes change frum green 2 red cause shes angry grr."
Reply Quote
86 Night Elf Hunter
I have no idea if its been brought up or not, since I didn't read all the posts, BUT

What I hate the most, and see more often then I should, is fully automated, fully functioning, IRobot mechanical arms / legs / or full bodies running around than I should.

If it isn't crude, steam powered, and clunky, it shouldn't really exist in WoW, at least in my opinion.

Neither should mechanical IRobot elves who can rocket boost into the sky for a flashy exit.

Oh, and because they're a robot, they "have no feelings of remorse or happiness" but once they rocket boost away are seen telling their lady friend / gentleman friend they love them.
Reply Quote
59 Draenei Warrior
Iris pigmentation can change based on a lot of factors. Exposure to varying amounts of light or even emotional responses can trigger a change in pigmentation in people. My eyes have a spectrum of dark brown to green, which change from day to day.

It's not a -uncommon- trait, but it is overused in most characters, especially when the color change is very fast.

"her eyes change frum green 2 red cause shes angry grr."

No I'm not talking about the biological phenomenon, I'm talking mary sue characters who use their eyes as some sort of mood ring.
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
I have no idea if its been brought up or not, since I didn't read all the posts, BUT

What I hate the most, and see more often then I should, is fully automated, fully functioning, IRobot mechanical arms / legs / or full bodies running around than I should.

If it isn't crude, steam powered, and clunky, it shouldn't really exist in WoW, at least in my opinion.

Neither should mechanical IRobot elves who can rocket boost into the sky for a flashy exit.

Oh, and because they're a robot, they "have no feelings of remorse or happiness" but once they rocket boost away are seen telling their lady friend / gentleman friend they love them.

On the other hand (*groan*), we have the advantage of being able to use magic, in regards to making replacement limbs; that, and Warcraft's engineering/technology is schizophrenic in how it advances. But I do agree on the rest, especially the robot elves; that just seems... Waaaay out of place in a fantasy setting with only relatively light bits of sci-fi.
Reply Quote
82 Undead Hunter
A few things, really.

First, I -really- hate it when people assume that Lore-following means cookie cutter "my way or ur doin' it rong". You can have unique characters that follow the Lore without it all being standardized, boring, predictable crap. So, in short, elitists that think there is only one way to do things or it's wrong, despite the fact the Lore may support other options/angles/whatever.

Tauren that refer to their hands as paws. :| No. They're hands. See those thumbs and separate, non-padded digits? Even if they were not hands, you are an ungulate, meaning you wouldn't have paws anyway. I honestly think this is more a furry-fandom thing leaking through to some Tauren RPers than anything else, but it grates on my nerves.

Pseudo-RPers that are just out there for the be-all-end-all of ERP. AKA cyber-sexings thinly disguised as RP. No, I've no overall problem with ERP; I've done it in the past but found it's just not that interesting to me, personally, nor am I interested in the amount of OOC drama that usually comes with it. But if you want to do it for character development and real story purposes, go for it - s'fine. But don't just make a character for the sole purpose of getting some text-nookie and then pretend you're an RPer. You're cybering, plain and simple.

Night Elves that act like tall, purple humans. Ok, I can see some of the young nelfs being a bit rebellious against the "old ways", but the majority of nelfs are not supposed to be especially young, nor especially kind, nurturing and silky. This race spent thousands of years in semi-seclusion, living very close to nature, fighting trolls and the like. Culturally, they are fairly savage, feral and not too trusting of outsiders. Their style of "sophistication" is not quite peaceful and lovely and kind, which I see being RP'ed out a lot. It's going to take more than a few short years to change the outlook of the "typical" hundreds-of-years-old night elf in this regard.
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Mage
Draenei with surnames.
Reply Quote
36 Undead Priest
"lol i'm teh bst at RPin n if u tink oferwayz u r rong"
Reply Quote
62 Gnome Death Knight
On MG alone I have seen at least 5 of these and 2 on WRA..

[Race] (Warrior, Mage, Or Warlock)---> NOT A Death Knight

on the mrp. Mostly Warrior though.

My thoughts on this:
-You rolled a Death Knight. Act like one.
-You are not a Warrior.
-You are not a plated mage or warlock.
-You are a Death Knight. You can even act something like that as a Race-> the blood sucking fiends that are nonexistent (another over-used dk thing), some strange way of a trapped Vyl'kr, an banshee, a lich (slightly overused) and you know, the generic race you actually are.

/endrant
Reply Quote
90 Undead Death Knight
What's wrong with ignoring the class medium? They're all cosmetic anyways, Blizzard's homogenizing the crap outta them. If someone wants to RP a battlemage that is particularly invested in frost magic, why not let 'em? Or a heavily armored plagueshifter, for that matter. Or even a reclusive hemomancer, as long as they're not way open about it.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Mage
12/11/2012 10:03 PMPosted by Augustev
"lol i'm teh bst at RPin n if u tink oferwayz u r rong"

Ha-ha, yeah I hate that myself. There isn't only one "right way" to play a class or race.
Reply Quote
21 Draenei Hunter
I haven't seen any ideas of mine on here yet, but I'm not as comfortable with my character idea for my Night Elf as I am with my Draenei. How cliche is it if my Night Elf is a spy for the sentinels? She is a sentinel, but is (or was, haven't decided yet) usually sent on missions that involve spying, sabotaging, and ambushing instead of acting as a guard for the major holds of the Kaldorei. This allows me to have an excuse for her to be travelling because I understand most Kaldorei stay near their forests. I planned on making her a little bit aloof and maybe a bit distrusting (I might even make her paranoid of most people, I'm not sure yet.) I don't want to make her into a snarky, sneaky Rogue-like character though. I'm trying to avoid that.

I had a different Druid character for her, but I decided to avoid that because there are a lot of female Druids and it only recently became acceptable for female Night Elves to become Druids.

Any feed back would be appreciated. I'm not new to roleplaying, but I am new to WoW and WoW lore.
Edited by Lylona on 12/13/2012 4:34 PM PST
Reply Quote
30 Draenei Paladin
i dont think there are many like this but. people who go around acting like theyve escaped from an insane asylum (so to speak) and scream this and that crap every day from dawn to dusk. like a guard wouldnt come and arrest him... i mean. sure its funny but come on!
Edited by Sevonus on 12/13/2012 6:16 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Mage
Trolls who're anything other than Darkspear. What's wrong with Darkspear?
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Priest
Yeah, but TECHNICALLY the Darkspear aren't the only tribe in the horde. And they aren't green. So if you have a green skin... viable idea?
Reply Quote
36 Undead Priest
"I watched my mother and father die in a village raid, was only a child, an old swordsmaster took me under their wing, I was an apprentice until the same bandits killed him, I am now on a journey of vengeance."
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
12/14/2012 09:51 AMPosted by Augustev
"I watched my mother and father die in a village raid, was only a child, an old swordsmaster took me under their wing, I was an apprentice until the same bandits killed him, I am now on a journey of vengeance."

You have no idea how hard I laughed at that.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin
So what about a Paladin that is conflicted about being called by An'she? His younger brother has always bested him in hand to hand duels and duels with weapons and he is uncertain how his brother feels about not being called by An'she.

His brother is his best friend and true strength and Ehtu is afraid that his new found strength will split his remaining family beyond repair. Ehtu has talked to Aponi Brightmane personally about this and has spent hours upon hours alone searching himself and An'she for answers.

((Not sure where to go with this. Been working on it for a while now and was unsure on what route to take... if there is a possible route. Also curious as to what thoughts the community had on the development so far?))
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Death Knight
I am on MG I have seen a lot of things here are a few

Druid Cats: look if you want to play a Savagekin BE SAVAGE I am tired of these overgrown house cats who wallk around mewing and purring at people when they get their ear scratched ((this goes for bear form and ghost wolf shamans))

Feral Worgen: They key word here is FERAL, yet I see worgen running around s wind on alll fours barking at people

Blind monks who can sense the ground with your feet: YOU ARE NOT TOPH THIS IS NOT AVATAR THE LAST AIRBENDER ...nuff said

and DONT get me started on what happens in GS
Edited by Dàrkàn on 12/15/2012 7:09 AM PST
Reply Quote
75 Troll Shaman
The princess who ALWAYS goes for a walk
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin
This is what I see way too often with belf RPers:

Overly-flamboyant gay yaoi-esque males and bisexual or lesbian females (no offense to the LGBT crowd, but these MRP descriptions sound more like a fetish). I don't think straight belfs exist anymore.
Edited by Azam on 12/16/2012 2:22 PM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]