Untitled..... Open Rp

90 Blood Elf Priest
ok nope...
Edited by Darkcyn on 12/12/2012 9:56 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
((I'm not sure if English is your primary language or not, but spelling and such goes a long way in the telling of stories on the forums...))

She had to be dreaming, knew it to be so as she looked around the forest. Why else would she be wandering Eversong at night following a voice? The damp night air made her shiver as she pulled her shawl tight around her. She knew this was crazy, looking about to see the giant, yet very agile, and very hungry cats out prowling for food, yet this voice, it was melodic, almost hypnotizing and she just couldn't keep herself from attempting to find it's source.

She was not sure if she should feel danger, at this time there seemed to be none except for the prowling of the beast's around her. She reached down to feel for the dagger, glad she was of a mind to bring it and continued on, the slow beat of his voice almost seeming to lay the path out before her. Not knowing what she would fine, yet expecting anything. The moonlight glistened through the trees and she could hear the water lapping against the banks near by. She drew in a deep breath and ventured deeper into the woods, half way trying to pinch herself awake, wondering if she was as crazy as this all seemed to be.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
Reply Quote
87 Blood Elf Death Knight
I find that if you want to have an open thread for people to join, you need to get used to providing a proper format for your adventure. First thing you have to do is improve your grammar and spelling. Also some words seem to be used in the wrong context.

(Not knowing what she would fine, yet expecting anything. ) Should be :

Not knowing what she would find, yet expecting anything.

If you use spellcheck, remember it does not correct your grammar. I always use a word processor to type in all the details and then proofread it thoroughly before copy/pasting it onto the forums.

Also there is a wonderful guide at the top of the forums you can use to set up your thread. People are more likely to join you if you use good writing skills and follow the simple guidelines.

The title is your first mistake that I can see. "Untitled" is a cop out, if you cannot give a good idea for a story with some imagination, then very few will be interested. Here is the guide, study it!

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/1965842113
Edited by Sydric on 11/27/2012 2:14 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
This i the part where i just simply give up, yes ill admit you are both right in alot of things, but i have been under the jadded impression aperently that role play is soupose to be fun, not tons of work. i will head the advice and silently go back to lurk in the shadows, and just do my own thing cause im realy not interested with tring to impresse people with my vast knowlege of grammer and spelling, wich obivously i dont have. i will study what i need to but those who benifet will be who i chose from now on. ~ waves as she departs the forums~
Edited by Darkcyn on 11/27/2012 6:20 PM PST
Reply Quote
87 Blood Elf Death Knight
Sorry you feel that way Darkcyn, it was not meant to chase you away but to encourage you to do it right. Good spelling and grammar are the skills you need to be a great writer. If you cannot be bothered to learn how to spell or use words in their proper form or context then you are going to get a lot of critics asking you to fix it. Or simply be ignored.

It's like playing sports. You might see people playing basketball or hockey and say to yourself, "That looks like fun, I want to play!"

But unless you follow the rules you are not going to find anyone wanting you on their team. Rules are there for a reason, to give you guidelines so that everyone understands what you are saying. If you cannot use good grammar or spelling you appear lazy or uncaring if anyone even reads your work.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
This i the part where i just simply give up, yes ill admit you are both right in alot of things, but i have been under the jadded impression aperently that role play is soupose to be fun, not tons of work. i will head the advice and silently go back to lurk in the shadows, and just do my own thing cause im realy not interested with tring to impresse people with my vast knowlege of grammer and spelling, wich obivously i dont have. i will study what i need to but those who benifet will be who i chose from now on. ~ waves as she departs the forums~

This is the part where I just simply give up. Yes, I'll admit you are both right in a lot of things, but I have been under the jaded impression apparently that role play is suppose to be fun, not tons of work. I will heed the advice and silently go back to lurk in the shadows, and just do my own thing cause I'm really not interested with trying to impress people with my vast knowlege of grammar and spelling, which obviously I don't have. I will study what I need to but those who benefit will be who I choose from now on. ~ waves as she departs the forums~
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
11/28/2012 02:16 PMPosted by Azmos

This is the part where I just simply give up. Yes, I'll admit you are both right in a lot of things, but I have been under the jaded impression apparently that role play is suppose to be fun, not tons of work. I will heed the advice and silently go back to lurk in the shadows, and just do my own thing cause I'm really not interested with trying to impress people with my vast knowlege of grammar and spelling, which obviously I don't have. I will study what I need to but those who benefit will be who I choose from now on. ~ waves as she departs the forums~

No one can make you feel inferior without your consent.”
― Eleanor Roosevelt, This is My Story
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
Sorry you feel that way Darkcyn, it was not meant to chase you away but to encourage you to do it right. Good spelling and grammar are the skills you need to be a great writer. If you cannot be bothered to learn how to spell or use words in their proper form or context then you are going to get a lot of critics asking you to fix it. Or simply be ignored.

It's like playing sports. You might see people playing basketball or hockey and say to yourself, "That looks like fun, I want to play!"

But unless you follow the rules you are not going to find anyone wanting you on their team. Rules are there for a reason, to give you guidelines so that everyone understands what you are saying. If you cannot use good grammar or spelling you appear lazy or uncaring if anyone even reads your work.

Do what you feel in your heart to be right – for you’ll be criticized anyway.”
― Eleanor Roosevelt
Reply Quote
22 Undead Warlock
Darkcyn, I think you're overreacting a bit. They're just encouraging you to fix a few grammar mistakes, that's all! No big deal!

Now, I MIGHT join this if we get back to IC, which I doubt we will... so, IDK.
Edited by Srdotsalot on 12/2/2012 8:26 AM PST
Reply Quote
29 Draenei Shaman
I'm with Dots on this. It does look like the start of an interesting story. But any form of written communication requires correct spelling punctuation and grammar for the message to be received.

It's more so here on the forums where you only get one chance to grab people's attention. If they see a post that's full of errors, they'll move on to another thread.

We're not trying to be the fun police here.

^^ This
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]