5.1 causing window resize to reload UI

100 Draenei Shaman
Just started with patch 5.1 -- when I type command-M to toggle between full screen and windowed modes, the UI reloads every time. This is, to me, rather annoying. Was this intentional or is something going wrong? I'm on 10.8.2 if it matters.
Reply Quote
Blizzard Employee
Thanks for the report. I was able to reproduce this and have sent it off for review to our team.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
Same issue here its really annoying.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Yeah, I have the same issue as well.

Specs:
Processor 2.5 GHz Intel Core i5
Memory 16 GB 1333 MHz DDR3
Graphics AMD Radeon HD 6750M 512 MB
Software OS X 10.8.2 (12C60)
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Priest
I just started having this glitch as well earlier this morning.
Reply Quote
Blizzard Employee
This actually stopped for me today, weird. I didn't do anything special for it.

Our team is investigating this to see what may be causing it. Stay tuned to our known issues thread to check for updates.
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Shaman
Hmm, no such luck here. It's still happening.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
I'm having the same issue with the reloading UI. It's back to being worse than it was pre-MOP, when they put in that fast resize patch (which was amazing!)

Something else, I don't know if this is just me but since 5.1, when I do window resize, it doesn't enter widescreen mode in the smaller window. It just enters a square smaller window. Is there something I can do to change that?
Reply Quote
86 Blood Elf Paladin
This was *not* happening to me last night. (I.e. cmd-m went to a "big", widescreen window without a ui reload.)

Today when using cmd-m it goes to a non-widescreen window and causes a reload. However the size of the window *is* remembered!

Seems to me they caused one problem by fixing another, such is life.

EDIT: Workaround:
While windowed, go to video options and change you resolution to something else (mine said 1920x1200 wide even though I was windowed, so I chose the next smallest).
Change resolution back.
You should now be able to cmd-m back and forth.
However if you resize the window manually at any point, it will break again and cmd-m will force a reload.
EDIT 2: This last bit only happens if you resize the window small enough. Problem solved!
Edited by Xebeche on 11/28/2012 5:20 PM PST
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Shaman
While windowed, go to video options and change you resolution to something else (mine said 1920x1200 wide even though I was windowed, so I chose the next smallest).
Change resolution back.
However if you resize the window manually at any point, it will break again and cmd-m will force a reload.
EDIT 2: This last bit only happens if you resize the window small enough. Problem solved!

This worked for me. Thanks a bunch!
Reply Quote
Toggling the resolution in windowed mode also worked for me -- ty!
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
Toggled resolution also worked for me. Was annoying...not is not so. Thank you Sir.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Rogue
Having the same issue too. But it wasn't happening until the hot fixes happened.

Model Name: MacBook Pro
Model Identifier: MacBookPro6,1
Processor Name: Intel Core i5
Processor Speed: 2.53 GHz
Number Of Processors: 1
Total Number Of Cores: 2
L2 Cache (per core): 256 KB
L3 Cache: 3 MB
Memory: 6 GB
Processor Interconnect Speed: 4.8 GT/s
Boot ROM Version: MBP61.0057.B0C
SMC Version (system): 1.57f16
Serial Number (system): C02CF5BGDC79
Hardware UUID: 3BEE46A1-0372-55B7-A9E9-9EB88BD403A7
Sudden Motion Sensor:
State: Enabled
Reply Quote
86 Draenei Shaman
Ali
11/28/2012 05:15 PMPosted by Xebeche

Yeah, super annoying. Hard to go in and out and / or multitask when in queue for a BG/RBG/raid

Hopefully this gets fixed quickly.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
Change resolution back.

For some reason is not working for me, this is what I do:
1. Go window mode from full screen (Cmd+M)
2. Menu > System > Graphics
3. Set Resolution to the next smallest. (my default is 1280x800)
4. Apply/Ok
5. Change Resolution back to default 1280x800.
6. Apply/Ok

When I use Cmd+M the first time after that, to go full screen, it doesn't reload UI, but after that it's start doing it again. Only thing that has work for me is keeping my resolution to the next smallest (in my case 1228x768) but full screen graphics look bad in that resolution.
Any suggestions?
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Warlock
Happening to me as well... just started today and it is AMAZINGLY annoying and inconvenient.

Oh, I should add that it started when I accidentally re-zised the windowed-mode window with my mouse while I was just trying to drag it out of the way.
Edited by Poppett on 11/29/2012 12:05 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Just started today for me, too - it's happened 4-5 times now, going both to and from full size window. Incredibly annoying.
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
OMG Thank you. This was killing me.

This was *not* happening to me last night. (I.e. cmd-m went to a "big", widescreen window without a ui reload.)

Today when using cmd-m it goes to a non-widescreen window and causes a reload. However the size of the window *is* remembered!

Seems to me they caused one problem by fixing another, such is life.

Change resolution back.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
i thought it was my computer acting up again... Glad to know its not just me.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Shaman
Oh thank goodness. I just posted about this because mine started this morning after the restart. Now I can go find my thread and delete it. Hope it gets fixed soon.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]