Patching Issue 5.1.0

90 Human Warlock
Hey,

I have recently tried to install patch 5.1.0 and it says it is installed however every time i log into wow it says "please install the patch and restart world of warcraft". Yet when i click the restart it says the game is up to date. I first thought it may be due to my mac however i have collaborated with a few PC friends and they are experiencing the same problem. I have scanned the threads and tried various solutions including deleting Battle.Net file, Reconfiguring exe files etc etc. Wondered if this was indeed a universal problem? and if so has anyone figured out how to fix it? or if blizzard will be doing so anytime soon?

Thanks again
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
Hi Smoogiee!

You see errors like this when one is using a client not from the region that one is patching.

Taking a shot in the dark, you may be using an EU client which inadvertently patched, is intending to patch or is failing to patch with our US servers and then getting confused.

I would suggest uninstalling your client, and downloading the English (US) version from your Download Games page. ;)
Reply Quote
MVP - Technical Support
100 Draenei Mage
Can you copy/paste the contents of your connection.log file ?

It's in the Logs folder of your wow folder.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]