Issue fixed don't look at this thread anymore

(Locked)

90 Blood Elf Warlock
I agree Alythess. This should of been something that was tested and never happy.
90 Tauren Druid
11/29/2012 02:00 AMPosted by Sunna
This should of been something that was tested and never happy.

Considering it hadn't happened until a few hours ago, I don't see how you think it should've been tested
90 Orc Death Knight
Yeah it was random.

Like I said I was doing BWL earlier today, logged out dead.

Logged back on to retrieve corpse after my mains raid tonight, got disconnected and now I have a lot of achievements.

Some people might think it's was intended, others are going to get it regardless if they do any instanced content with ANY alt.
90 Blood Elf Rogue
I can confirm this happened with someone on my realm, too. I didn't write down the character's name, however they got the realm first achievement on a level 60 death knight. I don't know what other achievements they may have gotten, but a lot of people on Ravenholdt were suspicious of this happening to a character that's fresh out of the starting area.
1 Worgen Hunter
who wants to bet blizzard doesn't do anything about this? Like FoS exploit Gloom and Doom, Rag mount dropping on normal @ 100% drop rate, etc.
90 Blood Elf Warlock
11/29/2012 02:12 AMPosted by Seiryu
This should of been something that was tested and never happy.

Considering it hadn't happened until a few hours ago, I don't see how you think it should've been tested

something you test when you link the achievements together to all characters. To make sure it doesn't repeat itself in the code at all that it becomes a null so people cant run into the glitch.
90 Troll Hunter
One guy in my guild got the achievement for completing Naxx when zoning into LFG Heroic Scarlet Halls (says his whole group got it too).

One guy in my guild got the Wakener achievement and I think one other related to the Klaxxi while doing Molten Core for the pet. Says his Klaxxi rep is zero, and he's done no quests with them.

And as others have said, Realm First Challenge Mode Gold popped for some random guy on my server today, and was announced to the whole realm. No idea if it was legit or a bug, but the timing seems too coincidental for the former.

Seems Accountwide achievements are acting buggy and awarding themselves where the situation doesn't call for it? (Or at least thats how it looks to me)
Edited by Tweak on 11/29/2012 3:41 AM PST
90 Human Death Knight
People who clearly didn't earn heroic elite gear which they got from coining protectors get to keep their pixels even after the hotfix.

I see no reason why the people whom have the capability to full clear gold modes should have the gear stripped from them WHEN ITS ONLY PURELY COSMETIC.

I'd give up all my transmog gear for a pair of heroic elite bracers that are bis.
Edited by Forswear on 11/29/2012 5:39 AM PST
90 Blood Elf Paladin
@Forswear, I can understand where your are coming from and I completly agree, but when it involves other servers and voiding the realm first for them.. something needs to be done.
90 Human Death Knight
Yeah realm first def the main problem here,I didn't address it in my post as I completely forgot it was talked about.
90 Worgen Druid
tried this out on my alts by zoning into a instance got all the challenge mode rewards i earned on my main however the server first on alternate realms is really bad and i have no idea if the first is some sort of hotfix being deployed or straight bug would be nice to know
Edited by Velena on 11/29/2012 5:55 AM PST
90 Orc Death Knight
Logging in makes this happen now since the restarts. Pretty much unavoidable.

Friend logged on an old server when our server restarted and got a realm first for just logging in.

It's going to be quite the mess to clean up. The only people I really hope this gets fixed for are those close to getting gold on their respective servers.
90 Human Rogue
can't log onto any alts without getting granted the gold achievements.. pretty annoying.
35 Orc Hunter
Vicious war wolves are also replicating with the same achieve bugs, you just log in and random previously achieved items/achieves come up
Edited by Kartina on 11/29/2012 8:10 AM PST
90 Human Death Knight
-
Edited by Rivendare on 6/14/2013 8:36 PM PDT
90 Night Elf Hunter
Okay, I didn't realize how serious the accountwide achievement granting bug could be (and all these item granting achievements and realm first things.... ouch). I'd suggest not abusing this on alts for the time being for anyone who has gotten these realm first and item granting achievement rewards on the wrong character. Realm firsts are kind of a touchy thing for Blizzard and I am sure they are discussing how to handle this. Thanks very much for your honesty in the report, Rivendare.
Edited by Amilyra on 11/29/2012 8:38 AM PST
90 Human Death Knight
Same thing happened to me on my shaman when i queued for a random dungeon..to be honest though i think the transmog gear should just be account wide anyway but the server first stuff can't be happening.
90 Pandaren Monk
11/29/2012 09:02 AMPosted by Magnifice
Same thing happened to me on my shaman when i queued for a random dungeon..to be honest though i think the transmog gear should just be account wide anyway but the server first stuff can't be happening.

I would really like to see the transmog gear be account wide, it's not like people didn't work for it since you need the achievement first anyways. Realm firsts obviously should not be given out, but imo that wouldn't be too hard to fix.
90 Troll Mage
I had the same issue... I lost realm first to a lvl 85 shaman... =/

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/7200032864#4
90 Pandaren Monk
Ya srsly we're pretty much 1 gold away from our realm first (internet went out last night on brewery but that was a gold kill >.>)
Apparently some random guy on our server claimed realm first at 4 this morning.
I'm going to cry so hard if blizz doesn't fix this, we've worked way too hard for this to be stolen from us by a bug.
I'm ok with the gear being account wide, but definitely not the server first.
I also don't have all silvers on this toon but have all silvers on a different toon and this toon was rewarded the egg from silver completion.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]