Issue fixed don't look at this thread anymore

(Locked)

90 Worgen Death Knight
11/29/2012 05:50 PMPosted by Treeba
Really want this gear to be taken back from those who did not earn it.

You could only get it IF you had already earned it on another character. I don't personally feel it needs to be "earned" on each individual alt, but hey... I don't get to make those decisions.

I know that, but I want it taken from all those alts who did not earn it on that character.
I don't think it should be taken away. I understand that it was not the original intent, but if they did not take away Heroic Elite gear that was obtained before Heroic was even released, and that gives a raid advantage to those that got it, then why take away a cosmetic item? For that matter, they also didn't take away the Smouldering Eggs from people that got it when the Rag mount was a 100% drop chance or normal. I definitely earned it, there's no question about that. I don't see what the big deal about letting people keep it is. They're alts to people that worked for it. It's not as if you'll suddenly see more people running around with it, as it's the same person.

I feel terrible for those that lost their realm firsts though. I wouldn't log onto my alts on other servers today after restart (I usually go pet hunting) because I was worried I'd take something from someone. They can very easily see who legitimately earned those realm firsts and who didn't and I really hope they restore them.
90 Pandaren Monk
I got Realm First! on Feathermoon when I logged onto my lvl71 DK standing in the middle of Felwood earlier this morning. Bombarded with whispers... I just wanted to check for Minfernals. :/

The Realm Firsts need to be rolled back.

However I don't mind if the gear or phoenixes are removed from alts. You already did the work to get 9/9 gold after all, no easy feat. If anything, letting alts keep the gear is incentive to level them. I had no motivation to level through Pandaria again but now I can't wait.

These are my thoughts exactly. I have 6 90s, and was really starting to get burned out on leveling. These sets gave me a whole new incentive and drive to finish off the rest. Realm First should be dealt with however.
Edited by Ranziah on 11/29/2012 6:36 PM PST
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I got Realm First! on Feathermoon when I logged onto my lvl71 DK standing in the middle of Felwood earlier this morning. Bombarded with whispers... I just wanted to check for Minfernals. :/

The Realm Firsts need to be rolled back.

However I don't mind if the gear or phoenixes are removed from alts. You already did the work to get 9/9 gold after all, no easy feat. If anything, letting alts keep the gear is incentive to level them. I had no motivation to level through Pandaria again but now I can't wait.

Pretty much exactly this, the realm first sniping thing needs to be fixed but alts with armor is completely fine. Wrangling 5 active players up and making a schedule that works for everyone was hard enough while keeping up with raiding, and that was with mains. Good luck getting people to do them on alts they don't care much about.

edit: and yeah I (barely) remembered to not go pet hunting on low pops earlier.
Edited by Healbøt on 11/29/2012 6:51 PM PST
90 Pandaren Monk
The issue isn't alts getting cross server achievement rewards.
The issue is servers losing realm first because of alts that never stepped foot into a CM and in many cases, aren't even level 90.
My server lost it to a level 49 hunter.

It's the same deal of lets say Raiding Rainbows leaving Illidan to go to a low pop server with maybe one or two guilds that raid, and stealing realm first from them.
90 Night Elf Druid
I don't think it should be taken away. I understand that it was not the original intent, but if they did not take away Heroic Elite gear that was obtained before Heroic was even released, and that gives a raid advantage to those that got it, then why take away a cosmetic item? For that matter, they also didn't take away the Smouldering Eggs from people that got it when the Rag mount was a 100% drop chance or normal. I definitely earned it, there's no question about that. I don't see what the big deal about letting people keep it is. They're alts to people that worked for it. It's not as if you'll suddenly see more people running around with it, as it's the same person.

That's sort of the problem with how Blizzard responds. They sort of cherry-pick what they will and what they won't fix. If you remember it was a big part of the reason so many guilds got banned for "cheating" lock-outs in LFR during DS.

Realm firsts definitely need fixed, but beyond that I don't see the big deal.

I know that, but I want it taken from all those alts who did not earn it on that character.

Eh, I can see it both ways. I like looking like a semi-unique snowflake in towns, but at the same time I REALLY don't want to do the CMs again on another character. Especially considering they'll probably end up nerfing them eventually.
90 Worgen Rogue
I can confirm that doing Battlegrounds on low level alts doesn't give you the achievements anymore.
90 Blood Elf Monk
11/29/2012 10:24 PMPosted by Ferbguy
I can confirm that doing Battlegrounds on low level alts doesn't give you the achievements anymore.

Been fixed hours ago. Blizz is going to stay silent about this one.
90 Orc Death Knight
Yeah it's cool to have challenge mode armor on your alts I guess, but what about the people who didn't happen to zone in on an alt in the 2 hour timespan the bug was active?

I have 9/9, I got legitimate Realm First on my server, but none of my alts have the stuff. The healer from my group got stuff on his 90 paladin and 74 shaman, but none of the other guys received an extra egg/armor set in mail upon logging on.

To be fair, I think Blizz should either give the armor to all of the alts of people who actually got 9/9 - or take it all away and just have it on the one character that earned it.
Edited by Hezel on 11/30/2012 12:21 AM PST
90 Blood Elf Monk

I don't see what the big deal is with make the achievements account bound honestly. They might as well at this point.

/THREAD
90 Human Warrior
No.
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Happened on US-ysera, a level 85 warrior got ours.
90 Pandaren Monk
11/30/2012 12:30 AMPosted by Lobster
I don't see what the big deal is with make the achievements account bound honestly. They might as well at this point.

The big deal is servers losing realm first to alts that didn't participate in any CMs.
90 Draenei Shaman
^ this, the situation im dealing with now.
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I transferred my main off to another server and finished my gold challenge modes. Logged on my level 90 Shaman back on my original server to do some heroics for gear and sniped Realm First... I had no idea what would happen I just wanted to gear a character up to play with old friends.
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Are server firsts still being sniped? I was under the impression they fixed it but where just waiting to see if they would say anything about it?
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]