Lor'themar

90 Blood Elf Paladin
Am I the only one who has noticed that in 5.1 Lor'themar seems to have found his balls again? And pardon my language but it appears that they may just be larger than Garrosh and Varian's massive chins put together and may very well be made of Trillium.

Seriously first he leads an expedition into the war torn Kun-Lai summit, then he went behind Garrosh's back to open talks with Varian, then he orders a strike on Dalaran to rescue the Sunreavers, and then he essentially declares a blood feud on Garrosh!

Also he's got his eye patch on folks. Lor'themar Theron does not need depth perception to be awesome.
Reply Quote
I get the impression that Blizzard really wanted to show that despite is relative inactivity over the years, the character of Lor'themar has serious potential.

In the past I've seen people suggest replacing him with Eldin Sunstrider, a character with so little lore, he probably isn't even canon. He was just one of the randomly generated Blood Mage names in WC3:TFT for skirmishes. Of course it didn't matter who you replaced him with, the problem was always that the Blood Elf racial leader didn't do anything, not anything that was wrong with Lor'themar specifically.
Reply Quote
I wish they had cinematics for the talks between Varian & Lor'themar.
Reply Quote
I wish they had cinematics for the talks between Varian & Lor'themar.

I don't think there was any face-to-face communication between the two. From the dialogue I've heard, it seems that the talks were in the very early stages. Probably just a few messages exchanged through backchannels.
Reply Quote
Lor'themar for warchief?

What's up with that eyepatch? When did he lose an eye?
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
11/29/2012 07:30 AMPosted by Deerde
What's up with that eyepatch? When did he lose an eye?

Back when the Scourge attacked Quel'Thalas. The Ghostlands manga depicted his left eye as being all-white and having a scar over it, but that wasn't represented in-game and so artwork of him has been inconsistent about it. You can see it here, though:

http://media.blizzard.com/wow/media/artwork/wow-leader/lorthemar-theron-full.jpg
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
Finally. Some love for our dear leader. While I like being horde, it would have been strange to see us wearing blue and gold with a lion imprint. And besides doesn't this bring up another question. Wouldn't he still have to go through the magistrate to get a whole vote on whether dissention from the Horde to the Alliance?
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
The eyepatch is to make him look like steve burns... eeewwww

Now let's see who wants him as warchief
Reply Quote
62 Orc Death Knight
That player base would never accept a blood elf warchief even though blizz stated that Siege of Org would have an unexpected ending it is painfully obvious that Vol'jin is going to be warchief.
Reply Quote
11/29/2012 11:23 AMPosted by Kazgro
That player base would never accept a blood elf warchief even though blizz stated that Siege of Org would have an unexpected ending it is painfully obvious that Vol'jin is going to be warchief.

Where did they say that the SoO would have an unexpected ending?

11/29/2012 11:03 AMPosted by Katyja
Finally. Some love for our dear leader. While I like being horde, it would have been strange to see us wearing blue and gold with a lion imprint. And besides doesn't this bring up another question. Wouldn't he still have to go through the magistrate to get a whole vote on whether dissention from the Horde to the Alliance?

Lor'themar is the leader of the blood elves and both the Farstriders and the Magisters have encouraged him to take up the crown. So I'm thinking that they would follow Lor'themar, especially with Garrosh actions in regards the blood elves.

Now I know that at the end of his patch 5.1 exposure Lor'themar mentions that the next move will be his. So do you think he is going to feature in patch 5.2? What do you think he will do?
Edited by Gornur on 11/29/2012 11:40 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
11/29/2012 11:39 AMPosted by Gornur

Where did they say that the SoO would have an unexpected ending?

Lor'themar is the leader of the blood elves and both the Farstriders and the Magisters have encouraged him to take up the crown. So I'm thinking that they would follow Lor'themar, especially with Garrosh actions in regards the blood elves.

Now I know that at the end of his patch 5.1 exposure Lor'themar mentions that the next move will be his. So do you think he is going to feature in patch 5.2? What do you think he will do?

While him being regent lord has its merits. I wanna see Lor'themar get down and dirty. I am picturing a battlefront not with blue and gold but with red and gold banners. and there in his ranger general garb and beside him Lady Liandrin leading the blood knights into victorious combat against the Orcs. But that might be over doing it

I do expect however secret meetings between Baine, Voljin and Lor'themar and possibly Sylvanas As to were these meetings would be held possibly in some remote corner of the world
Reply Quote
90 Troll Shaman
11/29/2012 11:57 AMPosted by Katyja
I do expect however secret meetings between Baine, Voljin and Lor'themar and possibly Sylvanas As to were these meetings would be held possibly in some remote corner of the world

Interestingly enough, as per the letter Horde players receive following the Divine Bell story line, Vol'jin intends to talk to Lor'themar as soon as he's able to move again.

It seems as though we'll be seeing some official coordination between the other leaders in the near(ish) future, and 5.1 helps set up how both factions are falling into place against Garrosh.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
11/29/2012 12:10 PMPosted by Kellick

Interestingly enough, as per the letter Horde players receive following the Divine Bell story line, Vol'jin intends to talk to Lor'themar as soon as he's able to move again.

It seems as though we'll be seeing some official coordination between the other leaders in the near(ish) future, and 5.1 helps set up how both factions are falling into place against Garrosh.

The next couple of major content patches should be worth watching. I am looking forward to progressing further into the Domination point story arc. And honestly I think it is time.Time for a warchief who understands his people and the people he leads. I just hope when Blizzard decides to elect a new warchief they give us someone we know and have come to respect rather than some unknown person from an age long passed.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
11/29/2012 12:10 PMPosted by Kellick

Since Vol'jin's novel is set after Vol'jin's brush with death, I think he will talk to Theron and Baine in the novel. I hope Chen and Baine see each other as well.

I assume next patch will involve some reason why Sylvanas now would want to see him dead. She likely doesn't care for war since it directly puts her at risk. Gallywix could go either way, but I want to see him dead than redeemed, one of those few, because it feels like that he should be dead from the Lost Isles and the current Gallywix is kinda out of place.
Reply Quote
The next couple of major content patches should be worth watching. I am looking forward to progressing further into the Domination point story arc. And honestly I think it is time.Time for a warchief who understands his people and the people he leads. I just hope when Blizzard decides to elect a new warchief they give us someone we know and have come to respect rather than some unknown person from an age long passed.

I know what you mean. Whoever the new Warchief is, has to be in the thick of things.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
11/29/2012 01:49 PMPosted by Ximothy

Since Vol'jin's novel is set after Vol'jin's brush with death, I think he will talk to Theron and Baine in the novel. I hope Chen and Baine see each other as well.

I assume next patch will involve some reason why Sylvanas now would want to see him dead. She likely doesn't care for war since it directly puts her at risk. Gallywix could go either way, but I want to see him dead than redeemed, one of those few, because it feels like that he should be dead from the Lost Isles and the current Gallywix is kinda out of place.

my current feeling is that Gallywix will be a raid boss in the orgrimar raid and once he gets beaten down to ten percent health he will switch to the side of the horde rebels because the money he got paid for defending garrosh or some other objective that garrosh gave him is not worth dieing over.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
the money he got paid for defending garrosh or some other objective that garrosh gave him is not worth dieing over.

Money not worth dying for to a goblin? Have you *seen* their technology? Their engineers seem willing to die for free.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Warrior
11/29/2012 02:24 PMPosted by Ddragmire

my current feeling is that Gallywix will be a raid boss in the orgrimar raid and once he gets beaten down to ten percent health he will switch to the side of the horde rebels because the money he got paid for defending garrosh or some other objective that garrosh gave him is not worth dieing over.

I want him to surrender and switch side at some point only to be finished by the heroes or the character that will accompany us at that time.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Definatly kill Gallywix, he's had it coming for a while.

Can anyone really predict what Lor'themar is going to do now though? That's the thing, we don't know enough about him to tell what he's going to do. Most of the other Horde Leaders (with the obvious exception of Sylvanas) haven't seem to have gotten to know him either. When he said the next move was his, he meant it. Whatever he does will tip the balance of power.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]