Lor'themar

90 Human Warrior
Getting personal.

And a bit petty.

Is that good Lorthuron?

I'm not being personal or petty I'm basing your very asinine ideals are what the only reasonable explanation I can think of unrelated to the topic. If anything you don't see straight but not related to the topic.

I should also add that the talks between the Sin'dori and the Alliance were likely in their very early stages, probably well before Varian and Lor'themar had anything that could be considered a "meeting".

At any rate, I'd be surprised if there was any formal meetings between the Alliance and Horde rebellion until the 11th hour before the Siege of Orgrimmar itself. It's even possible they won't even officially team up at all, they'll just see each other across the battlefield and decide there is no point in fighting two enemies at the same time to sort out their disagreements later.

I will say boldly any talks will be when Garrosh is far gone when he does the supposed big warcrime and when rumors of Garrosh doing dark things are around in a place common place.
Reply Quote
100 Troll Shaman
11/30/2012 02:12 PMPosted by Falrinn

Save for Lor'themar's ill-conceived talks to fold the Blood Elves into the Alliance, the various Horde leaders have little reason to start meeting with Varian and the Alliance yet. Despite their mutual distaste, the Alliance is still the enemy at this point.

Now, I suspect the conflict against Garrosh proper will be ratcheted up a notch come 5.2, and we might see some kind of talks starting to take place between the rebelling Horde leaders and the Alliance.

Vol'jin and Lor'themar will likely get talking soon enough, which may yield some interesting results if the Darkspear start working more closely with the Blood Elves than with the Orcs for a change.

I should also add that the talks between the Sin'dori and the Alliance were likely in their very early stages, probably well before Varian and Lor'themar had anything that could be considered a "meeting".

At any rate, I'd be surprised if there was any formal meetings between the Alliance and Horde rebellion until the 11th hour before the Siege of Orgrimmar itself. It's even possible they won't even officially team up at all, they'll just see each other across the battlefield and decide there is no point in fighting two enemies at the same time to sort out their disagreements later.

Aye, depending on how they want to handle it, Blizzard could write it so that there isn't any significant interaction between the two groups until it's absolutely necessary, and keep it to a bare minimum.

Though I suspect there will be some measure of coordination between the Alliance and Horde rebels, even if they aren't working together outright. Perhaps each faction will have an attaché giving the other faction some advice.

Though you're right to say any actual talks may not actually take place until the Siege is concluded.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin

Aye, depending on how they want to handle it, Blizzard could write it so that there isn't any significant interaction between the two groups until it's absolutely necessary, and keep it to a bare minimum.

Though I suspect there will be some measure of coordination between the Alliance and Horde rebels, even if they aren't working together outright. Perhaps each faction will have an attaché giving the other faction some advice.

Though you're right to say any actual talks may not actually take place until the Siege is concluded.

I kinda did mean it would be a late Pandaria thing, sorry I did not explain that better. In tides of war Varian is aware of Horde discontent with Garrosh's rule and actually was hoping for it to cripple Garrosh from within. What I'm saying is Varian would jump at the chance for a mass Horde defection against Garrosh.

Still its along way off, as I said Vol'jin, Baine, and Lor'themar need to get Sylvanas on board or else they're in for a serious up hill battle.
Reply Quote
26 Worgen Hunter
Were the talks for sure about the Silvermoon returning to the Alliance, or was it about looking for allies to take down Garrosh?
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
11/30/2012 05:36 PMPosted by Rudox
Were the talks for sure about the Silvermoon returning to the Alliance, or was it about looking for allies to take down Garrosh?

Varian approached the Sin'dorei due to their discontent with Garrosh as well as a move to weaken the Horde by bringing the Blood Elves to the Alliance.

Varian probably approached the Blood Elves due to their history together and probably saw them as being the most trustworthy of the Horde.

As for Sylvanas joining the fight against Garrosh, I believe she will and if not, at worst I see her being neutral, but it has been stated Sylvanas will play a major role in ousting Garrosh, so this tells be yes.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Hunter
kill Gallywix? Yes please.
Reply Quote
12/01/2012 09:59 PMPosted by Vanaria
kill Gallywix? Yes please.

His palace shall burn to the ground.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I think I know who was the go between for Varian and Lor'themar, Valeera Sanguinar.

If you don't know who she is read here http://www.wowpedia.org/Valeera_Sanguinar

We haven't had any information about her since Stormrage. It would make sense that she could travel between Silvermoon and Stormwind without drawing to much attention.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Priest
I never knew or cared much about Lor'themar to begin with. It's too bad it had to take the writing contest entry "In the Shadow of the Sun" to make me go, "Whoa. He's cool, and I want to know more about him." /fan
And it's also too bad it took so long to get him to develop, but I'm very grateful we're seeing him do something for once! I've got my Lor'themar hat on.
Of course, it makes sense some would view his secret negotiations with Varian as cowardly. While initially I felt he must've been pretty desperate to seek help from the Alliance, I think he grew some.
Oh, and...
Also he's got his eye patch on folks. Lor'themar Theron does not need depth perception to be awesome.
Edited by Rahia on 12/4/2012 10:38 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
Did the first quest where you see Lor'themar out at the ruins and rescue blood elves.

The stones on that guy.

He says right to Garrosh's face that he'll tear the horde apart. And says what Garrosh has done is purely unacceptable if you click on him while Garrosh is standing three feet from him.

Big balls of steel.
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
Did the first quest where you see Lor'themar out at the ruins and rescue blood elves.

The stones on that guy.

He says right to Garrosh's face that he'll tear the horde apart. And says what Garrosh has done is purely unacceptable if you click on him while Garrosh is standing three feet from him.

Big balls of steel.

Lor'themar is really turning into a leader despite him not wanting to be one. Blood Elves are lucky they have a man that cares about them so much.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]