What happened to Sub?

(Locked)

90 Human Warrior
All posts by Sub have been deleted. Just curious if anybody knows why.
90 Blood Elf Priest
I am not sure..

Sad if you ask me because if you had questions about hardcore progression raiding,, he was the person to ask.

We may not have seen eye to eye on everything, but I really did respect him and he could back up what he said.. always
Edited by Ssinfull on 11/29/2012 8:57 AM PST
90 Worgen Druid
Looks like he got banned.

Players cannot delete their own posts after a certain time limit, like 15min.
12 Night Elf Warrior
<<< Classic Vanilla Account
Sub's brother posting, Sub asked me to tell you.

Sub left his old guild to return to 25-man raiding. After he left, other people left as well and they've stopped raiding. A couple of the people who stayed behind got mad and literally went through the forums reporting every one of his posts they could find, so his account got banned (from the forums - he can log into the game).

He has a ticket in to customer service to get it restored. I'm sure if anyone wants to post here in support of that, he'd appreciate it.
Edited by Mishra on 11/29/2012 8:19 AM PST
90 Draenei Priest
That is really too bad :(

Sub gave some great advice for players looking to get into hardcore progression. His thoughts and experiences are truly needed here.
90 Blood Elf Priest
<<< Classic Vanilla Account

Sub left his old guild to return to 25-man raiding. After he left, other people left as well and they've stopped raiding. A couple of the people who stayed behind got mad and literally went through the forums reporting every one of his posts they could find, so his account got banned (from the forums - he can log into the game).

He has a ticket in to customer service to get it restored. I'm sure if anyone wants to post here in support of that, he'd appreciate it.

That is really spitefull of his old guild.. the players who reported him should be the ones who got the ban hammer

I hope when Blizz finally staightens this out that they do go back and look at who submiitted the reports and ban them for false reporting

If there is anything I can do I would be willing to do it... His opinion is valued here
Edited by Ssinfull on 11/29/2012 9:00 AM PST
90 Worgen Druid
That is too bad, I thought the people in healerchat were better than that, assuming they were the ones that did that.

Will be interesting if he gets back to hear his stance on 25s. He championed 10s pretty well.
90 Draenei Shaman
Sad if you ask me because if you had questions about hardcore progression raiding,, he was the person to ask.

We may not have seen eye to eye on everything, but I really did respect him and he could back up what he said.. always

Hard core but never mean, always solid advice.

<< Classic Vanilla Account

I hope Sub gets to come back, and all his old posts restored. His voice/opinion always enhances these forums, whether or not I personally would WoW the same way he does. I learned to be a better raider from the types of information he gives.
90 Tauren Warrior

I suppose we have a different opinion about what it means to back yourself up. Myself, I like concrete evidence, authoritative talk doesn't really impress me.

Whether he was good or not, or gives valuable advice or not, is beside the point. Everyone will have their opinion on that, but back himself up? That's going too far.

edit:

I should also say, I don't really believe they banned him because a couple of people started reporting his posts. I don't doubt it had something to do with it, but do you honestly believe Sub's guild is the first attempt at something like that?

Sub's account may get re-instated, but I wouldn't swallow what's being said in public either.
Edited by Rvalue on 11/29/2012 3:09 PM PST
90 Troll Rogue
We know you don't like Sub Rvalue you don't need to remind us.
90 Blood Elf Priest
11/29/2012 03:06 PMPosted by Rvalue
I should also say, I don't really believe they banned him because a couple of people started reporting his posts.

You can believe what You want , but I have seen some guilds who got pissed with a member who left them, go to some pretty extreme measures to get back at them, esp if they feel the person leaving was the reason they can no longer raid. So I do not question it.
Edited by Ssinfull on 11/29/2012 3:38 PM PST
90 Draenei Shaman
Myself, I like concrete evidence, authoritative talk doesn't really impress me.

I don't really believe they banned him because a couple of people started reporting his posts

So, do you have concrete evidence that something different occurred?
85 Tauren Shaman
As someone who received a ban and had years of helpful posts removed after a vindictive player did the same thing to me, I empathize with Sub (and am evidence that it does happen). I have already registered my opinion on their policy of indiscriminately deleting all posts of a poster regardless of value with them before, and it's a big part of why I don't post here that much anymore. I understand that with so many posters, it may be easier to simply delete an entire history of posting, but to do so sometimes has a very adverse effect on the community.

As for believing him, all it takes is one minor indiscretion. For my ban, I called a troll a troll. That was it. You get the right moderator in the wrong mood, and your entire posting history is gone. Keep that in mind if you ever post something snarky.

I can say this as well. The posts are gone. There's no undo on what the mods do, which is another reason why I complained that they should be much more discriminate about the system wide wipe option.
90 Tauren Warrior
11/29/2012 03:59 PMPosted by Nebliina
I don't really believe they banned him because a couple of people started reporting his posts

Because it's fun to quote out of context!

11/29/2012 03:17 PMPosted by Fierydemise
We know you don't like Sub Rvalue you don't need to remind us.

I'll be the first to apologize when he's able to back his claims up with something concrete.

So I do not question it.

That's your prerogative, but I find that statement demeaning. You should always question and conclude in my opinion.
Edited by Rvalue on 11/29/2012 5:48 PM PST
90 Tauren Warrior
11/29/2012 05:29 PMPosted by Evol
As for believing him, all it takes is one minor indiscretion. For my ban, I called a troll a troll. That was it. You get the right moderator in the wrong mood, and your entire posting history is gone. Keep that in mind if you ever post something snarky.

That I could believe, but it's difficult for me to imagine that his account was merely deleted because his old guildy's reported him.

I find it more likely that Sub did actually do something bannable, and the combination of the itchy mod (or perhaps the mod didn't like his personality) coupled with the reports bringing it to said mods attention caused Sub to get banned.

But you will not convince me I could get anyone on this thread banned by doing nothing more than asking a guild full of people to start reporting someone. Sub has stated in the past that his guild is fairly small, so I'm guessing 10-20 people as an upper bound? I would say it's more likely to be around 9+ since his raid group is 10 man.
Edited by Rvalue on 11/29/2012 5:46 PM PST
85 Tauren Shaman
But you will not convince me I could get anyone on this thread banned by doing nothing more than asking a guild full of people to start reporting someone. Sub has stated in the past that his guild is fairly small, so I'm guessing 10-20 people as an upper bound?

Unless everything you post is squeaky clean, you get enough people to report your posts in a period of time, then you're basically putting it in human hands, and add the fact that humans are both capable of misinterpreting things as well as having knee jerk reactions and having their judgment affected by previous actions and emotions (like being annoyed at a flood of reports of one user's post), and the tendency to take the easiest path to fixing a "problem" and it's completely conceivable that a small group could create a large disturbance.

Reader's Digest Version: I've seen worse and stranger things happen.
90 Tauren Warrior
11/29/2012 03:59 PMPosted by Nebliina
So, do you have concrete evidence that something different occurred?

That's not how burden of proof works, but we can apply critical thinking to the situation and conclude that it's very likely Sub doesn't know either, and anything Sub states is biased towards saving his reputation.
Edited by Rvalue on 11/29/2012 5:51 PM PST
90 Tauren Warrior
Unless everything you post is squeaky clean, you get enough people to report your posts in a period of time, then you're basically putting it in human hands, and add the fact that humans are both capable of misinterpreting things as well as having knee jerk reactions and having their judgment affected by previous actions and emotions (like being annoyed at a flood of reports of one user's post), and the tendency to take the easiest path to fixing a "problem" and it's completely conceivable that a small group could create a large disturbance.

Reader's Digest Version: I've seen worse and stranger things happen.

Of course, I have no doubt everyone in here has done something bannable in some fashion or form.

What you're saying is plausible, as is what Sub's brother stated.

But I challenge you and everyone else to prove me wrong. Go report all of my posts, and if I get banned, then you'll have shown me to be mistaken.

And to be clear, I know of 1 post that very well could get me banned do to some off color humor. But I'm still challenging you to go do it.

All I'm saying is it's more likely there is something else involved. This forum is old, Wow is fairly old in 'game years', this type of situation cannot be new to them.
Edited by Rvalue on 11/29/2012 5:57 PM PST
90 Blood Elf Priest
11/29/2012 05:55 PMPosted by Rvalue
All I'm saying is it's more likely there is something else involved. This forum is old, Wow is fairly old in 'game years', this type of situation cannot be new to them.

You know if your going to start down that slippery slope, then You need to be consistent.

What does that mean?? it means everyone who comes here to post a situtaion and ask for help needs to Prove they are telling truth otherwise it is lie

You have been on this forum long enough to know that we never ever hardly get both sides to the story.

So we have to accept what it appears to be, until there is enough evidence to say othersie.

DO YOU HAVE THAT EVIDENCE? Can you prove that what his brother said did not happen?

I sure can not.. So until proven otherwise I will accept what is being told.

As to your suggestion I report your threads... Not gona happen

Be carefull you might be surprised at how fast Blizz can act if it wants to and you get the right Moderator.

I reported a thread that was disrupting the forum-- I expected it to be locked and I was the first and likely only one who did report it.. I kid you not within 15 mins that thread was gone.

Someone did not just lock it they deleted it...

Abusing the report feature can also get you in trouble so I do not doubt for a minute that if a group of his ex guildies did report all his posts out of revenge, that they will get away with it.

When you submit a report there is a record of who submitted it and from account the toon was on.. So those players who abused the report feature very well likely will be sanctioned

I am not going to risk being sanctioned just to prove a point
Edited by Ssinfull on 11/29/2012 6:40 PM PST
90 Blood Elf Priest
Rvalue I am not trying to be mean.. and if someone said these things about you I would stick up for you too.

I consider those who post here as friends and I value everyones opinions, even if I do not always agree with them
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]