About Tol'Barad :(

90 Night Elf Priest
So ... I q for Tol'Barad on my Alliance after being denied entry on Horde side and find myself the only alliance there! I get into a few scuffles with members of our Horde side guild while I wait for more ally to get in Q, but no one ever shows up and the Alliance basically forfeit their offensive. WTF guys, what are you doing????? No wonder I never get in on my DK! C'mon, this is a PvP server! It is not like you have anything better to do :P If anything, it is free honor.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
What ever happened to <The syndicate>? I could always count on them to represent the Alliance in these matters when they were here.
Reply Quote
91 Night Elf Hunter
NO TL;DR ...also NOTE that this isnt directed at anyone in particular.

The problem is this :

In my honest opinion and in my years of experience,The Eredar horde have more communication even if they arent in the same guild, are usually better geared, and have more experience in pvp then the Eredar alliance does. Throw in the fact that ALL it is , is pvp ( no one wants to do TB raid so theres nothing to gain mentality ).Lastly, Alliance morale breaks quickly.

Having said that, of course we have some great pvpers on alliance but not enough to constantly group up and do something about it. This is how a typical pvp scenario goes.

Doing Golden Lotus dailies : 4 horde gank me. Im like ok, time to get out of here unless I can blow one of them up before they kill me then they might leave me alone. Suddenly I get an invite. Im like oh cool, someone wants to group up and fight back.

I join the party and constantly see full health bars and someone getting killed ( they didnt wait or plan a strat ). After this happens 1 to 3 more times, One player says EFF THIS SHIZZ and leaves.Or he throws a tantrum and complains like a 12 yr that plays does. As soon as he does the others start droppin group like flies until Im alone again.

Allot of times, I myself am in TB alone.
Edited by Raygar on 12/1/2012 12:38 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
I can not say you are wrong on the points you made here, but it would be nice if more Alliance got into defending assets and each other. For me when I play TB ally side it is mainly my real I D friends trying to find and kill each other lol.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Warlock
I don't think alot of people realize it's generally easy honor. Once they realize this, they'll start to pile in until it's no longer easy, and it's once again a good time. Hopefully.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin

The problem is this :

In my honest opinion and in my years of experience,The Eredar horde have more communication even if they arent in the same guild, are usually better geared, and have more experience in pvp then the Eredar alliance does. Throw in the fact that ALL it is , is pvp ( no one wants to do TB raid so theres nothing to gain mentality ).Lastly, Alliance morale breaks quickly.

Having said that, of course we have some great pvpers on alliance but not enough to constantly group up and do something about it. This is how a typical pvp scenario goes.

Doing Golden Lotus dailies : 4 horde gank me. Im like ok, time to get out of here unless I can blow one of them up before they kill me then they might leave me alone. Suddenly I get an invite. Im like oh cool, someone wants to group up and fight back.

I join the party and constantly see full health bars and someone getting killed ( they didnt wait or plan a strat ). After this happens 1 to 3 more times, One player says EFF THIS SHIZZ and leaves.Or he throws a tantrum and complains like a 12 yr that plays does. As soon as he does the others start droppin group like flies until Im alone again.

...good day baron...but this is a horde server now and you can't overcome 4 to 1 odds...me and my buddy Jalupi do a bit of pvp but eventually when you are killing every horde in sight, like Jalupi does, you end up getting a bunch of angry horde camping you...such is life...
Reply Quote
80 Undead Priest
That is how world PvP works. If you want even fair numbers from start of event till end, roll a PvE server and join battle grounds. Otherwise, rather than cry because the other side wants to play too, call in more numbers. If you don't think Horde find themselves on the wrong side of the numbers at times then you are quite oblivious.
Edited by Nightmon on 12/4/2012 12:11 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
[/quote]
.me and my buddy Jalupi do a bit of pvp but eventually when you are killing every horde in sight, like Jalupi does, you end up getting a bunch of angry horde camping you...such is life...[/quote]

So ... your complaint here is that you attack people and they come back for revenge?

This has nothing to do with how many of your faction is in that zone. If you kill 6 different Alliance players, they will usually just get mad and complain in chat or on the forums. If you kill 6 different Horde, they will form a group and deal with the problem.

If 2 Alliance are questing and 3 Horde kill them, they will just say "No fair, we didn't have numbers". If 2 Horde are questing and 3 Alliance want to party, the Horde will usually call in friends or guild members and correct the balance.

Also, the general Alliance attitude when a call for help is heard is "It's not in my way, so it is not my problem" and after awhile you just get "shut up noob , no one cares" in response from trade. This is a big part of what sent me to Horde as main back in BC.

Obviously it is not this way 100% of the time, but as someone who plays both sides a lot I can say it is typical.
Edited by Jessicawery on 12/4/2012 5:19 PM PST
Reply Quote
91 Night Elf Hunter

The problem is this :

...good day baron...but this is a horde server now and you can't overcome 4 to 1 odds...me and my buddy Jalupi do a bit of pvp but eventually when you are killing every horde in sight, like Jalupi does, you end up getting a bunch of angry horde camping you...such is life...

Good to see you Lafontaine! Yes what you say can and does happen.
Reply Quote
91 Night Elf Hunter
12/04/2012 12:09 PMPosted by Nightmon
That is how world PvP works. If you want even fair numbers from start of event till end, roll a PvE server and join battle grounds. Otherwise, rather than cry because the other side wants to play too, call in more numbers. If you don't think Horde find themselves on the wrong side of the numbers at times then you are quite oblivious.

Well no ones saying that. Ive played horde a long time ago and it was the reverse. I was just making an opinion from my personal experiences of what IVE seen.
Reply Quote
91 Night Elf Hunter
@Jessica "This has nothing to do with how many of your faction is in that zone. If you kill 6 different Alliance players, they will usually just get mad and complain in chat or on the forums. If you kill 6 different Horde, they will form a group and deal with the problem.

If 2 Alliance are questing and 3 Horde kill them, they will just say "No fair, we didn't have numbers". If 2 Horde are questing and 3 Alliance want to party, the Horde will usually call in friends or guild members and correct the balance.

Also, the general Alliance attitude when a call for help is heard is "It's not in my way, so it is not my problem" and after awhile you just get "shut up noob , no one cares" in response from trade. This is a big part of what sent me to Horde as main back in BC."

Also this. I also know A LOT of horde players that were once alliance. Hence the team work and tenacity.
Edited by Raygar on 12/4/2012 10:29 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
If you are out and about and someone attacks you, FIGHT BACK! If you lose because they were better, o well, these things happen. If you think they only won because they got the jump ... recoup and test that theory.

If they ARE better / out gear you and they won't allow you to do what you want to do it is time to:

A: Get your main and squash them. (Keep in mind if they are less than 90, you'll likely only have a few minutes before finding out if your main is better than theirs)

B: Get a group invite from a friend on another server that is PvE. (I do this if i really need what I am doing and can't out gun them.)

C: Do something else till they go away.

D: Try to out number them. (This can lead to good world PvP, however win or lose you will still not finish what you were doing any time soon.)

Note: Some times you will arrive on your main or to help a friend only to realize there is a phase. Cata zones are notorious for this. "B" and "C" are the only real options here :(

What not to do:

A: Cry about them on the forums or in chat. If anything, this will only encourage them and make a fool of yourself.

B: Go to their faction and whisper them a string of curse words. Again this will just encourage them.

Horde: If I am on and there are number issues, throw me a whisper. If I am not committed to a group at that moment my guild and I enjoy such things. Please don't drag me 400 miles to kill one guy 3 lvls lower than you though ... yawn!
Edited by Tiffanytwist on 12/5/2012 6:13 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
keep queuing i want another crack at that scumbag paladin without frost mages freecasting on me
Reply Quote
80 Undead Priest

..me and my buddy Jalupi do..

It's "My buddy Jalupi and I" And don't pat your self on the back too much. Jalupi is a worthy fight, With out him you are just a scooby snack. You are probably about as useful to your team as one of those cosmetic pets :)
Edited by Nightmon on 12/9/2012 7:26 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin

..me and my buddy Jalupi do..

It's "My buddy Jalupi and I" And don't pat your self on the back too much. Jalupi is a worthy fight, With out him you are just a scooby snack. You are probably about as useful to your team as one of those cosmetic pets :)

...I approve this message...
Reply Quote
91 Night Elf Hunter
If you are out and about and someone attacks you, FIGHT BACK! If you lose because they were better, o well, these things happen. If you think they only won because they got the jump ... recoup and test that theory.

If they ARE better / out gear you and they won't allow you to do what you want to do it is time to:

A: Get your main and squash them. (Keep in mind if they are less than 90, you'll likely only have a few minutes before finding out if your main is better than theirs)

B: Get a group invite from a friend on another server that is PvE. (I do this if i really need what I am doing and can't out gun them.)

C: Do something else till they go away.

D: Try to out number them. (This can lead to good world PvP, however win or lose you will still not finish what you were doing any time soon.)

Note: Some times you will arrive on your main or to help a friend only to realize there is a phase. Cata zones are notorious for this. "B" and "C" are the only real options here :(

What not to do:

A: Cry about them on the forums or in chat. If anything, this will only encourage them and make a fool of yourself.

B: Go to their faction and whisper them a string of curse words. Again this will just encourage them.

Horde: If I am on and there are number issues, throw me a whisper. If I am not committed to a group at that moment my guild and I enjoy such things. Please don't drag me 400 miles to kill one guy 3 lvls lower than you though ... yawn!

^^This so much. Id also like to add, dont call for help over something thats trivial or too small. I had a guy asking for help back in Cata and I get over there and sure enough its an 81 and an 85 smokin the guy. I kill them both. They call in a third and a third alliance also gets in to help.

Some minutes and some fighting each other go by and I look on the mini map and the dude that originally asked for help is on the other end of the zone questing. Im like "HEY THIS IS YOUR FIGHT, GET BACK OVER HERE MAN WTH?!"

He says "Well I cant beat em, so im doin this". I was like "Really dude?!" I explained to him how uncool that was. DO NOT BE THAT GUY / GIRL!
Edited by Raygar on 12/15/2012 1:33 AM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]