PvP Power healing nerf

90 Night Elf Druid
from patch notes:

•PvP Power will now only increase the healing of dedicated healing specializations, and will now only increase the damage of dedicated damage or tanking specializations.

Did PvP Power affect "non-healing" classes heals such as a warrior's second wind or a warlock's dark regeneration and health stones? If it did, does the above nerf apply to all these heals as well?

I think I can objectively say that minus shadow priests, hybrid healing was fine. If anything needed to be nerfed it was all the non-healing classes heals that were and are out of control. Seriously, when was the last time you fought a ret pally or elemental shaman and you said to yourself, "holy crap his heals are out of control"?
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
11/30/2012 09:24 AMPosted by Dekanteg
idk, but it takes me a full bar f mana to heal myself from 25% health to full now. I might as well let myself die.

Might be a problem when its faster for an elemental shaman or balance druid to sit down and eat instead of just healing.
Reply Quote
82 Draenei Monk
11/30/2012 02:26 PMPosted by Redwrath
Might be a problem when its faster for an elemental shaman or balance druid to sit down and eat instead of just healing.

Warriors' Second Wind is % based, and I highly doubt PvP power did anything to increase it, since it falls off at 35%. Unless you mean the speed with which it heals.

Warlocks also burn Embers to heal on demand, which isn't something they can regenerate quickly. Dark Regeneration is a cooldown.
Reply Quote
1 Troll Shaman
11/30/2012 02:30 PMPosted by Astila

Warriors' Second Wind is % based, and I highly doubt PvP power did anything to increase it, since it falls off at 35%. Unless you mean the speed with which it heals.

Warlocks also burn Embers to heal on demand, which isn't something they can regenerate quickly. Dark Regeneration is a cooldown.
PvP power use to effect Second wind, as well as the other % based heals. This was of course unintentional and was hotfixed long ago.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Yep the fixed this really well, (a very well geared) Resto Druid just running around healing in WSG for 16 million, not bad considering the time the BG goes for. Back to the invincible Healing class (if you have the gear that is), couldn't be f**ked with this game anymore.
Reply Quote
85 Human Death Knight
12/01/2012 03:44 PMPosted by Salt
Yep the fixed this really well, (a very well geared) Resto Druid just running around healing in WSG for 16 million, not bad considering the time the BG goes for. Back to the invincible Healing class (if you have the gear that is), couldn't be f**ked with this game anymore.

Healing specs were not touched. So I have no clue what you are talking about with your specs. Only people using heals that are not healing spec (including pures) were nerfed. That has nothing to do with how hard it is to take down a healer or somebody who is being healed.
Reply Quote
76 Undead Warlock
from patch notes:

•PvP Power will now only increase the healing of dedicated healing specializations, and will now only increase the damage of dedicated damage or tanking specializations.

Did PvP Power affect "non-healing" classes heals such as a warrior's second wind or a warlock's dark regeneration and health stones? If it did, does the above nerf apply to all these heals as well?

I think I can objectively say that minus shadow priests, hybrid healing was fine. If anything needed to be nerfed it was all the non-healing classes heals that were and are out of control. Seriously, when was the last time you fought a ret pally or elemental shaman and you said to yourself, "holy crap his heals are out of control"?

So having some boomkin or a ret. pally healing for 60k with hots and instants while dpsing like bosses was fine?? Lol dont F with me
Reply Quote

Healing specs were not touched. So I have no clue what you are talking about with your specs. Only people using heals that are not healing spec (including pures) were nerfed. That has nothing to do with how hard it is to take down a healer or somebody who is being healed.

I disagree. With the start of the expansion I had a pretty good Disc DPS setup going. I had a DPS set of armor with all the mastery reforged to haste and crit. It was working very well till this nerf. How wold you like to see 1/3 of your damage disappear overnight?
Edited by Hafarr on 3/9/2013 10:45 AM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]