Power Word: Mind Srsly U Guise?

90 Blood Elf Priest
Unintentional double pun. I'll take my trophy whenever.

Welcome to the latest Power Word: Discussion thread! In an attempt to keep threads from being deleted, we've been following in the footsteps of the Sentry Totem and Mangle: Bear (for those who don't know, http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/969937219#3 explains what I'm talking about) and making one thread that will last until cap.

The archive for the Power Word: Threads is here: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/3123313812

To keep this thread from being locked or deleted, here are a few basic guidelines:

1. Everyone is welcome. Newbies, oldbies, lowbies, mains, alts, bank alts, non-priest alts. Everyone. As long as you're here to join a priest-based discussion, you're welcome.

2. Keep it civil, if not friendly. If you can't manage that, please stay out of the thread. We don't need or want drama. If you just got out of a heated discussion with someone, leave it at the door. Along the same vein, avoid badmouthing others in this thread.

3. This is as much priests talking to priests as it is priests talking about priests. I firmly believe our community is one of, if not the most welcoming on the forums. I'd like to learn more about the community on an individual level because of this. Both the Mangle: Bear and Sentry Totem series derail after the first few pages of each thread; I think this is fine.

4. Don't feed the trolls. If people make threads to complain about our discussion thread, just ignore them. If you must post, make a reasonable post explaining the benefits of community threads and leave it at that. Otherwise, we gain nothing and just make ourselves look bad to the moderators.

5. Can't get enough of the Priest community? Join us on IRC or in Vent!

Vent info:
teamlights

IRC info:
irc.p2p-network.net
#wowpriests

Discussion Topic:
What are we as a class? Thematically and everything else. Cause in "teh lore" priests are a pretty dynamic class and differ greatly on a race by race basis. But the art team (in my opinion) seems to be really hung up on the word "priest" and the trappings of real life priest. They don't (again, in my opinion) seem to go at priest sets with the same gusto as our brothers and sisters on the Light; paladins, or the dark warlocks.

So what is a priest? What is our identity?
Edited by Nixx on 12/1/2012 9:17 AM PST
100 Pandaren Priest
Sorry, we already gave away the trophy to the priest who made "Another Tsilyi Flay on Words".

You need a triple pun to win, now.

Also, 40 yard atonement.../swoon
100 Goblin Priest
Truelight and I were talking (see: I was ranting and screaming in /g and he was sitting there giggling) about priests and stuff. And I'm curious as to what others think. What are we as a class? Thematically and everything else. Cause in "teh lore" priests are a pretty dynamic class and differ greatly on a race by race basis. But the art team (in my opinion) seems to be really hung up on the word "priest" and the trappings of real life priest. They don't (again, in my opinion) seem to go at priest sets with the same gusto as our brothers and sisters on the Light; paladins, or the dark warlocks.

e: @Kerias. I refuse to be happy until 40yard Smite, Holy Fire and Penance.
Edited by Iapetus on 11/30/2012 11:47 AM PST
90 Blood Elf Priest
11/30/2012 11:44 AMPosted by Kerias
Sorry, we already gave away the trophy to the priest who made "Another Tsilyi Flay on Words".

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/4079873104

!@#$ that wannabe loser gnome.

Also, 40 yard atonement.../swoon

Yes.
90 Blood Elf Priest
Sorry, we already gave away the trophy to

Tsilyi

thanks! ^_^v

e: favorite bug (pun intended) http://i.imgur.com/09UJB.jpg
Edited by Tsilyi on 11/30/2012 11:53 AM PST
100 Pandaren Priest
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/4079873104

!@#$ that wannabe loser gnome.

Hahaha. That's wonderful. Touche, indeed.

Though you could have gone "Another Tsilyi Flay on Power Words"

11/30/2012 11:51 AMPosted by Tsilyi
thanks! ^_^v

Shut up you ugly cow, you're a disgrace to the Horde. Might as well be an amputated blood elf hunter named Illidanolas
Edited by Kerias on 11/30/2012 11:55 AM PST
90 Blood Elf Priest
at least i'm playing an original vanilla race, if not one that was originally able to be a priest.

better to be a disgrace to the horde and still be able to help the cause than be a traitor, forsaken.
Edited by Tsilyi on 11/30/2012 12:02 PM PST
90 Human Priest
Truelight and I were talking (see: I was ranting and screaming in /g and he was sitting there giggling) about priests and stuff. And I'm curious as to what others think. What are we as a class? Thematically and everything else. Cause in "teh lore" priests are a pretty dynamic class and differ greatly on a race by race basis. But the art team (in my opinion) seems to be really hung up on the word "priest" and the trappings of real life priest. They don't (again, in my opinion) seem to go at priest sets with the same gusto as our brothers and sisters on the Light; paladins, or the dark warlocks.

I think of it as that Paladins use the Light to enhance their abilities, while Priests kind of more directly wield it. They could emphasize that a lot more when it comes to armor sets - the Light is to Priests as the elements are to Shamans.

11/30/2012 11:37 AMPosted by Nixx
Discussion Topic: 5.1 or something.

There should really be more effort put into discussion topics than this.
90 Undead Priest
40 yard atonement, YAY. Oh wait, now it's useless in pvp.
100 Pandaren Priest
11/30/2012 12:36 PMPosted by Anderine
40 yard atonement, YAY. Oh wait, now it's useless in pvp.

There, there. We've all been disappointed at one time or another.

Also, I like what Constie said. Priests are a diverse bunch, but we wield the Light and Shadow as Shamans do the elements, with the cultural reasoning that led us to the power to wielding that being varied (e.g. The Light, Loa, Elune, Sun, etc.)
Edited by Kerias on 11/30/2012 12:48 PM PST
100 Blood Elf Priest
5.1 goood - easier rep building is easier.

Except my comp is acting up and graphics glitch/freeze. Another CPU ordered but gonna take a while to be delivered. Guess I have to clean up and mess with my computer this weekend. I do enough of that at work! /blargh

Also HM: ANB is un-put-down-able. Way too much fun.
90 Blood Elf Priest
11/30/2012 12:03 PMPosted by Consite
There should really be more effort put into discussion topics than this.

I don't see the point when the topic is forgotten by page 2 every time.

You're welcome to suggest something else and I'll edit the OP.

Incidentally, dat transmog.
Edited by Nixx on 11/30/2012 12:50 PM PST
100 Pandaren Priest
11/30/2012 12:49 PMPosted by Nixx
Incidentally, dat transmog.

I don't think he looks like Constie anymore. :/
100 Night Elf Priest
11/30/2012 12:54 PMPosted by Kerias
I don't think he looks like Constie anymore. :/

This! I don't like it!

Also, I don't like this thread title. :< Do not get.
90 Blood Elf Priest

Mind (Seriously you guise?)

Mind Sear (iously you guise?)

Mind Sear (iously you) Spectral Guise?
90 Undead Priest
It's pretty bad. Like I can't believe you make fun of my titles and actually thought it was a good idea to use this one.
90 Orc Hunter
11/30/2012 11:52 AMPosted by Kerias
Might as well be an amputated blood elf hunter named Illidanolas

Well I'm not a amputated blood elf hunter but I am a fabulous glamazon warrior hunter.

Incidentally, linear questline quests do not work well with full rested bonus xp and a wow tabbard that increases my level gained by 8%
90 Blood Elf Priest
11/30/2012 01:06 PMPosted by Nixxe
It's pretty bad. Like I can't believe you make fun of my titles and actually thought it was a good idea to use this one.

http://i.imgur.com/VcK4Z.gif

e: @emchan http://imgur.com/3yvTL
Edited by Tsilyi on 11/30/2012 1:12 PM PST
100 Night Elf Priest

Mind (Seriously you guise?)

Mind Sear (iously you guise?)

Mind Sear (iously you) Spectral Guise?

Oh, god, it's even worse when I get the Mind Sear part.
90 Human Priest
I look exactly like me!
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]