The Brawler's Guild -Test of Gear

100 Night Elf Druid
The Brawler's Guild was designed to show off your solo content skills, in reality it isn't. It's all about who has gear. If you're not a raid geared DPS you cannot get past half way, even if you're in full PVP gear as a DPS you cannot get any further than halfway.

I was informed that it was going to be a tough challenge having to dodge fire, bullets and lasers all at once while trying to attack the boss. Really it isn't, it's you stand there and run in circles and if you have the right gear, you win. You have to do AT LEAST 50k DPS.

It seems that everything revolves around gear these days.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Hunter
VS
So. What rank are you?
Reply Quote
80 Pandaren Mage
This is a surprise?
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
11/30/2012 10:44 PMPosted by Pandamonïum
This is a surprise?
Reply Quote
100 Worgen Death Knight
brawlers guild isn't pvp its pve so you should have pve gear. And a large part of this game is improving your gear to better your toon. Not to mention someone will do just fine in brawlers guild with raid finder/valor gear.

did my man bruce put the chomp chomp on you?
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Gemming PvP power won't help you in a PvE event, just saying.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Spoiler....

You were fighting yourself in the parking lot outside that bar. Only once you are prepared to lose yourself, can you truly win.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
I got Rank 8 with fairly crappy gear, some Mogu'shan and raid finder gear, seems to be if you are an off-heal spec you'll have an easier time up until rank 7
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Shaman
11/30/2012 11:05 PMPosted by Perhaps
I got Rank 8 with fairly crappy gear, some Mogu'shan and raid finder gear, seems to be if you are an off-heal spec you'll have an easier time up until rank 7

So far it just looks as if Ranged generally have an easier time.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue
Really it isn't, it's you stand there and run in circles and if you have the right gear, you win. You have to do AT LEAST 50k DPS.

LOL sounds alot like what ive been doing
Reply Quote
100 Goblin Shaman
I can see why the OP is frustrated.

The fact that the fights have a 30 second limit makes it so you can't form any strategy, aside from killing it as quickly as you can.

More pits are needed.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/7200063094#1

that is my idea for that. >_>
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman

So far it just looks as if Ranged generally have an easier time.

Up until Battletron, I had no problem really as melee, but with the stealth buff to 10m HP its pretty hard for range to run around and pull the 80k DPS required to kill it before enrage.
Edited by Perhaps on 11/30/2012 11:12 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Definitely a gear check at some point. Most range do have it a bit easier than melee - but that's not surprising.
Reply Quote
61 Pandaren Mage
Another aspect of the game that isn't for everyone. I don't understand why people think they should be able to do everything without any effort, gear, practice, etc., etc.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Thats not really true.. I have raid finder gear/ heroic gear with 370 ivl and like 356k hp and got to rank 7. haven't tried rank 8 yet, but yes gear is involved, but so is skill.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Warlock
11/30/2012 10:44 PMPosted by Pandamonïum
This is a surprise?

Sadly, no.

Normalizing ilvl and balancing it around that level of gear is too hard. Better to let lesser skilled players eventually get rank 8 by outgearing it.
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Paladin
You CANNOT make difficult solo PvE content in this game, period.

It's like saying you can make 5-mans as difficult as 10-mans, or 10-mans as difficult as 25-mans. You simply cannot, it's impossible to do so.

Challenge modes for example are a complete joke if you bring a proper group composition, yet gear is normalized for them.

The challenge in this game comes from large-scale coordination. That's true of every MMO. It's true of PvP in this game and PvE.
Edited by Eloderung on 12/2/2012 9:24 AM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]