Spirit Shell and Vuhdo (disc)

100 Human Priest
Whenever I cast Spirit Shell using Vuhdo in a raid, the symbol on the bar appears on only one group of 5 at a time. In a 10 man I can cast it on the other group, and if I am quick enough I can drop it on one and sometimes two other groups - but not all 5 in a 25 man LFR.

Truthfully, I don't even look at the raid to see if SS is dropping on all members.

Question: Is Vuhdo just messing up and not applying the icon to all 10 or 25 bars in the app, or is SS just shielding 5 raid members at a time?
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
Um. o_O I've never seen that happen.

If you have Vuhdo enabled to track Spirit Shell, when you hit the button, it will initially show the buff on you. That is the buff transmitting all of your heals into absorbs. Then as you cast Prayer of Healing on each party, it should display their SS buffs in the same position (on their bar) as the buff you will see on your bar.

My VuhDo displays this just fine.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
Also, Spirit Shell converts the spells we already have. Prayer of Healing only hits 5 people at a time, so popping SS and then casting Prayer of Healing will continue to only hit 5 people at a time. In a 10-man, it's easy to alternate back and forth to build SS on both groups.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
This may be a dumb question, but are you looking at your groups in columns or rows? When I switched to vuhdo I was looking at the groups in columns because that's how I had healbot set up. Then I realized that the groups were in rows and I was PoH'ing the same group 5 times.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Priest
I was going to report a bug on this as this is currently happening to me.

I noticed in a 25 man and spent the afternoon yesterday testing and trying to figure it out.

I hit SS get the buff and PoH multiple groups and only the group I am in will get the buff. Not just on Vuhdo, but if I target and track their buffs they are not getting it. I tested this all afternoon.

This has changed in the past 3 days because it WAS tracking for all groups, not it only to the group I am in.

If I SS and Greater Heal multiple people from different groups, it works.
If I PoH multiple groups Divine Aegis is alive and well...

As soon as I SS and PoH then only the group of 5 I am in will get SS Absorb shields.
Yes my rows and groups are correct, my buffs track also include SS duration.

It was all working before they hotfixed the Spirit Shell Bug they had late last week. i am just wondering if they screwed this up in the process or perhaps I am just crazy.

Tell me I am crazy... please.
Edited by Fislin on 12/3/2012 3:05 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
You're crazy. I used Spirit Shell last night in 10 man and everyone got the buff I cast it on.

I used it the day before in LFR and had no issues.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Priest
Melchezidek,

Did you get your issue sorted out?
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Priest
So an update from my testing - if you have a custom macro in Vuhdo with PoH that will do what Melchezidek had an issue with.

It did for me anyway... all is fixed... I was crazy. Now am sane again.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
you had me worried for a sec fislin!
Reply Quote
100 Human Priest
Sorry for the long delay.

It is working correctly, and thanks for your help.

SS (via PoH) hits a group of 5, and then I can get the next group, etc.

Can get all 5 groups in LFR if I do power infusion first, or some other haste buff.

Thanks!
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Priest
Should be able to. When I PI it makes PoH 2.0 second cast, and I can easily cast SS, PI, then 5 casts of PoH with time to spare.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]