Possible secret Santa?

90 Goblin Priest
So I was thinking recently that it might be fun to have a IC secret Santa event. However, I am not sure what the interest levels would be, so I'm checking to see who WOULD have a interest in gift exchanges on Winter Veil. Also, should there be a price range? But I guess real money concerns do not fall into WoW gold concerns so... /thinks
Reply Quote
100 Human Priest
I was thinking about doing one A-side with a twist: Winter Veil care packages for soldiers stationed away from home. Were you talking about just Horde stuff?
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
The secret exchange we did about a half year ago went pretty well...I thought one would be set up for the holidays, too, but perhaps not. I know it had to have been a lot of work...
Reply Quote
100 Undead Mage
I plan RPing Santa during the next week. I will ask everyone what they desire, and they shall receive it.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Shaman
12/02/2012 02:48 PMPosted by Taldin
I plan RPing Santa during the next week. I will ask everyone what they desire, and they shall receive it.

Please don't.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Hunter

Not sure anyone would want to sit on your lap...
Reply Quote
100 Pandaren Hunter

http://static1.fjcdn.com/comments/here+_82c89239eff0130caf00ad5333d5a0a9.png
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid

Do it.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
A secret santa would be great! I would definitely participate in it :3
Reply Quote
100 Orc Hunter
I'll certainly put my name up to help in the matter, although with work/family/celestial shenanigans involved, it will probably be by mail T-T
Reply Quote
36 Undead Priest
I'll round up my fellow folks. Would love to.
Reply Quote
TBoI has been doing an Annual Secret Greatfather Winter event since the holiday rolled around when we first started. You'll find a good number of folks interested!
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Priest
Woot! Glad to see the interest! I will brainstorm a bit and post something official tomorrow.

12/02/2012 11:09 AMPosted by Philomene
I was thinking about doing one A-side with a twist: Winter Veil care packages for soldiers stationed away from home. Were you talking about just Horde stuff?

I was thinking H-side, mainly because it would be easier for me to manage. However I would be glad to aid anyone A side in their quest for Holiday cheer!

...Oh good gravy. Just realized Snuffit will want to prance around in that skimpy outfit all of winter veil. Frammit! Why does my toon have to be so much less prudish than me? /shakes fist
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
I'll be interesting in joining this secret santa thing.
Reply Quote
I would as well.

Also, I intend ICly to run an event where likely in Thunderbluff I'll dress up as a santa like character, Greatfather Winter, and get a bunch of druids to line up as stags. People can come in line and ask what they want for Winter's Veil, and receive a small gift.

YAY!!!!
Reply Quote
100 Undead Priest

Best Santa ever.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
I just wonder how we'd do this ic? Cause it's... secret santa... it could just be that I'm super sleepy so my imagination hasn't kicked in gear yet.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin
I actually had an idea similar to this on an OOC level. I'd find a way to do it IC. >_>
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Priest
That sounds AWESOME Sals! XD Can't wait to see it!

12/03/2012 11:10 AMPosted by Drove
I just wonder how we'd do this ic? Cause it's... secret santa... it could just be that I'm super sleepy so my imagination hasn't kicked in gear yet.

Secret Santa can be done one of two ways in the real world- by keeping the secret until you give the person the gift, going "surprise! I'm the one who got it for you." Or to keep it totally anonymous.

So, the first option would be pretty easy, but I worry some people would fall through the cracks and end up not getting presents. Or I can do it the second way by having all gifts go through me with me shipping them on winter veil at 12am, that way I can make sure those whose gift givers got lost will still get something out of my own pocket. But people might not like the second because it requires trusting me.

Hmmm...

Well, they know they could totally ruin me if I did anything funky, and hey! It worked fine with the Thanksgiving Lottery that Danikah did. I am open to suggestions though.

12/03/2012 11:49 AMPosted by Retrimootion
I actually had an idea similar to this on an OOC level. I'd find a way to do it IC. >_>

Well, if I go the second route I could definitely use a helper to aid in filling in gift gaps! :D But yes, brainstormin' time. Expect a official post to be up in a hour or so.
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
Alternatively a collective Secret Santa. People send in already-wrapped gifts to a central "Santa" and they in turn have a list of the people participating to send those gifts out randomly
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]