Brawler's Guild Reward

After completing rank 7 you should get a normal token for your tier and after completing rank 8 you should get a heroic token! Just saying these bosses are very difficult and rewards would be awesome.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Warrior
Brawler's Guild is meant to be for fun. That is a large part of why the gating mechanic is justified, and why the fact that difficulty can be highly class dependent isn't a huge issue. It should never offer anything other than aesthetic rewards.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Warrior
Looks like you just earned rank 7. If you had only gotten to rank 5, i bet thats where you would have set the bar. And if you beat all of them, then you would have set it there instead?
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
LF Raid buffs for Disruptron... =/
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
This is why I did not bother with brawlers guild.

Not only do you have to fork over lots of gold or beg for an invite but you also don't get any rewards worth while from it.

Useless solo content.

Don't forget having to wait 10 minutes in between fights and being useless if you're a healer.
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Death Knight

Not only do you have to fork over lots of gold or beg for an invite but you also don't get any rewards worth while from it.

Useless solo content.

This is actually a trend I'm Liking in MoP, that it's offering such a wide variety of content that is optional.

Unlike LFR, things like challenge modes and Pet Battles and Brawler guild battles, are all optional with no tangible rewards, imagine if they had physical rewards in them? We'd all be doing things we don't want to do and are required to do to be competitive (Again, like LFR).

If you don't think no reward is worth it, then stay away from the content, I'm personally not a huge fan of the brawler stuff atm, so I'm not even looking at it, but pet battles and time trials were more my things (Granted I didnt have time to go through the pokemon fully yet)

The suggest the op posed, is something that makes it required to do as a raider, and would A. clog it, B. not be fun
Edited by Postonforums on 12/2/2012 9:45 PM PST
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
Nah, keep the odd stuff rewards to just vanity. Challenge Modes, Brawlers ... vanity.

12/02/2012 07:53 PMPosted by Kalorea
Useless solo content

There's plenty of stuff in WoW today and WoW of yesterday that I personally find useless.

PvP. Simply not my idea of a fun time.
Soloing old raids. I like raids for the social aspect, so why would I want to treat raids like a solo quest?
Pet Battles. I spent a lot fo time doing it, but I haven't done a pet battle in almost a month.
Working the AH. I treat the AH like vendor, and vendor what I want to sell.
Alts. I like to have one toon, and maybe play others rarely.
Playing Alliance. I did for one hour with my then-wife, years ago.
Race Change. I like Tauren.
Faction Change. See "Playing Alliance"
Having DPS as a main spec. Healing and Tanking is where it's at!

But that just means it's useless for me. I'm not going to begrudge someone for doing fun things that I happen to not like.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
Vanity or nothing
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Warrior

Useless solo content.

This is actually a trend I'm Liking in MoP, that it's offering such a wide variety of content that is optional.

Unlike LFR, things like challenge modes and Pet Battles and Brawler guild battles, are all optional with no tangible rewards, imagine if they had physical rewards in them? We'd all be doing things we don't want to do and are required to do to be competitive (Again, like LFR).

If you don't think no reward is worth it, then stay away from the content, I'm personally not a huge fan of the brawler stuff atm, so I'm not even looking at it, but pet battles and time trials were more my things (Granted I didnt have time to go through the pokemon fully yet)

The suggest the op posed, is something that makes it required to do as a raider, and would A. clog it, B. not be fun

So much this.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Rogue
hit Rank 7

Sell invite for 80k gold

buy heroic item from BMAH

/lawyered
Reply Quote
hit Rank 7

Sell invite for 80k gold

/lawyered

80k gold?? Who would pay that much?
Reply Quote
I would be okay with some transmog gear, ala Challenge Modes. Anything more and it becomes "required" content for raiders.

hit Rank 7

Sell invite for 80k gold

/lawyered

80k gold?? Who would pay that much?

Had a guildie that paid over 120k for their invite. o.o
Reply Quote
100 Pandaren Monk
Lmao wow 120k for an inv I just bought mine off BMAH for 3k.......
Reply Quote
dude your FULL OF IT. LAWL. BMAH bids start at 10k..
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
on dead servers (like mine), no one even bothers to bid on these. I got mine second day for 1150 gold or so.

So I just got the invite from rank 7... hoping it will sell for 1k :)
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk

Useless solo content.

It's "useless" because it's something fun to do when you're bored. Just be thankful that Brawler's Guild isn't required for raiding or else you'll be shelling out gold just to get rolled by some of the mobs there.

Not every piece of content in end-game content is going to get you epics you know.
Edited by Orenna on 12/8/2012 11:35 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Undead Mage
12/02/2012 07:53 PMPosted by Kalorea

But you don't have to do either to get in.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Death Knight
brawlers guild is 100%, completely and utterly optional

And i completely enjoy it, abit stuck on battletron but that's how it is lol
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Mage
12/08/2012 08:25 PMPosted by Sâpntâp
dude your FULL OF IT. LAWL. BMAH bids start at 10k..

They start at 1k on my (fairly low-population) server, and typically go for 5k or so. Maybe it's based on the final bid from the day before?
Edited by Keeblik on 12/9/2012 12:56 AM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]