The Warchief Thread

100 Dwarf Warrior
So let's say no current Horde racial leader will become the Warchief or "Leader" of a council, including Thrall for the orcs.

3 Questions (And feel free to give lore or develop a story supporting them)

1. What non-racial leader* would you put in as Warchief that's currently Horde-aligned?

2. What currently neutral character?

3. What current Alliance character?

* Vol'jin, Baine, Sylvanas, Lor'themar, Gallywix, and Thrall.

Edit: Hope I am not communicating I would want a current neutral character or Alliance character as Warchief or on a council. These were meant to be three separate questions for speculative or creative fun.
Edited by Silvurn on 12/2/2012 10:45 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Shaman
What do you mean non-racial? I'm not sure that's possible.
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Warrior
12/02/2012 08:34 PMPosted by Skytotem
What do you mean non-racial? I'm not sure that's possible.

My edit help?
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Shaman
So basically none of those guys, which really only eliminates Vol'jin from serious consideration.

Uh Warlord Krogg. He'd need a lot of facetime this late in the game but I think he could pull it off.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
That one guy that Garrosh talks too during WotLK...you know in that starter place in the Borean Tundra...

He seems like a pretty awesome orc and if i remember correctly has some pretty good lore behind him
Reply Quote
100 Troll Shaman
Nazgrel has the experience to be a candidate worth considering, though he's been out of the picture for a while now. Bonus style points for being the last living relative of some guy.

Uhh... From the currently neutral Earthen Ring, I might nominate Torunscar because of his role in defending Orgrimmar during the elemental unrest and his shear chutzpah in Deepholme (and because I want to believe he's still alive T.T).

Why would an Alliance character sit on the Horde council?
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Death Knight
Nazgrim. He's an Orc, he's loyal to the Horde, he's worked his way up the ranks with us there every step of the way, and he recognizes Garrosh's flaws. He's really the only non-racial leader plus Thrall that would be feasible. Saurfang is too old, Zeela and Dezco are too new, and any other non-orc would not be chosen over their racial leader.

It's going to be Thrall, though.

*5.1 SPOILERS*

After clearing Echo Isles of the Kor'kron, Thrall says that he has some "weighty decisions to make before he confronts [Garrosh]". Vol'jin entrusted him with the safety of his people, and he delivered. He's being set up to return.
Edited by Abal on 12/2/2012 9:25 PM PST
Reply Quote
My vote is still; Rexxar > Nazgrim > Varok > Nazgrel > (any current faction leader) > Thrall
Reply Quote
100 Troll Hunter
If we have a Warchief that IS a particular leader, I think a Council consisting of the Champions of the Horde, meant to keep the Warchief's powers in check, would be a good idea. With one member for each race.

Rexxar for the Orcs
Rokhan for the Trolls
Hamuul or Tagar(He really shoulda been in WoW now) for the Tauren
Nathanos for the Forsaken
Aethas for the Elves? Maybe Halduron or Liadrin.
Boss Mida?
Ji?
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Warrior
If we have a Warchief that IS a particular leader, I think a Council consisting of the Champions of the Horde, meant to keep the Warchief's powers in check, would be a good idea. With one member for each race.

Rexxar for the Orcs
Rokhan for the Trolls
Hamuul or Tagar(He really shoulda been in WoW now) for the Tauren
Nathanos for the Forsaken
Aethas for the Elves? Maybe Halduron or Liadrin.
Boss Mida?
Ji?

We seriously need more goblin characters.

Maybe some expert engineer can aid Vol'jin's rebellion and emerge as the new racial leader. At this point I don't care if Blizz makes him up on the spot. Out with Gallywix.
Reply Quote
100 Troll Hunter
If we need a more prominent Goblin, I say just develop Mida. People love her, so, why not?
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warlock
Nazgrim. He's an Orc, he's loyal to the Horde, he's worked his way up the ranks with us there every step of the way, and he recognizes Garrosh's flaws.

Wait...what? Where? I don't recall ever seeing Nazgrim express anything other than total Garrosh fanboyism.
Reply Quote
100 Troll Hunter
Wait...what? Where? I don't recall ever seeing Nazgrim express anything other than total Garrosh fanboyism.

There was only one time I thought Nazgrim might become anti Garrosh. It's during the cinematic when Garrosh gets in his face and Nazgrim has a, "What the hell, hero?" look.

Oh, and, "A new land, he says, paint it red, he says. *sigh*."
Reply Quote
No need to make up a new goblin leader. Use Sassy Hardwrench as the new leader like you should have from day one. Or put Boss Mida in charge. One of the two.

I also share Kurze's complete bewilderment at Nazgrim's popularity. The guy's a yes-man. He's just as bloodthirsty as Garrosh.

Honestly, about the only two named Orcs I can think of off the top of my head that I'd trust not to be complete dunderheads are Saurfang or Gorgonna. Both have shown at least some level of self-awareness about how insane and destructive the Horde's current battle-crazed honor philosophy actually is that no other major orc leader really has, including Thrall.
Reply Quote
12/02/2012 11:40 PMPosted by Kurze

12/02/2012 11:53 PMPosted by Jaelara
I also share Kurze's complete bewilderment at Nazgrim's popularity. The guy's a yes-man. He's just as bloodthirsty as Garrosh.

I've always considered Nazgrim more of a soldier. As in he's just following orders, he doesn't have to be bloodthirsty and crazy like Garrosh. In fact I don't think I've ever seen that side of him. IMO he's just a soldier following orders. (cause thats what soldiers do)
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
I would throw my full support behind Sunwalker Dezco. A Paladin leader of the Horde (even thought it is a different type of Paladin) would be a refreshing change of pace after Garrosh. On top of that, I love the Tauren as a race, and think they should be at the head of the Horde for a very simple reason.

They are strong warriors, but value peace more than War. In addition, they have good relations with the Night Elves, and Baine is indebted to Anduin. All in All, a Tauren warchief would lead to a happy peace time.

Plus Dezco is a single Dad of twins. Kinda has a sitcom feel to it, "Warchief Daddy"
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
Eitrigg for Warchief. He may be ancient, but the Horde desperately need a Peacemaker. He's on good terms with the Argent Crusade, too.
As for Neutral characters, there really aren't too many that are from an iconic Horde race and are leadership material. Hamuul Runetotem, perhaps?
Alliance characters in a Horde leadership position would be just silly. In the spirit of the thread though, Muradin Bronebeard. Because he's awesome.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Hunter

*5.1 SPOILERS*

After clearing Echo Isles of the Kor'kron, Thrall says that he has some "weighty decisions to make before he confronts [Garrosh]". Vol'jin entrusted him with the safety of his people, and he delivered. He's being set up to return.

Could I get a link to this spoiler?
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Shaman

*5.1 SPOILERS*

Could I get a link to this spoiler?

http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w1/leviathonlx10/PTR%205%201/WoWScrnShot_120112_143959.jpg
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Death Knight

Hmm, perhaps I overstated that a bit. Baine, however, seems to trust him: http://www.wowhead.com/quest=32352
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]