2 ability questions:

90 Human Monk
1) What roles do Spinning Fire Blossoms and Path of Blossoms play? Like, when should I use them?

2) Is there any reason to pick Chi Burst over Chi Wave for soloing? One chi burst heals for as much as a single heal (out of the possible 4) that Chi Wave does so that's 25% the healing Chi Wave does. Anything I'm missing?
Reply Quote
1 Human Priest
Spinning fire blossom does good damage for its chi cost, at least when you first get it. I used it mostly to tag mobs in one of those many, dreaded xrealm situations.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
Spinning fire blossoms is a mobile ranged chi-spending damage move. It does decent damage for its cost. In PvP, the root factor has additional utility for keeping your targets pinned.

Path of blossoms was presumably added for the purpose of roleplaying the flower girl in silvermoon weddings.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
Chi blossom is good to use to root your opponent from 10 yards away so you can regenerate energy. It also does about half the damage of Blackout kick and only costs 1 chi. Very useful if you learn how to aim with it just right.

With Chi bursts cast time I think it's better to just stick with Chi wave.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Monk
12/03/2012 05:27 PMPosted by Karasummon
Spinning fire blossom does good damage for its chi cost, at least when you first get it. I used it mostly to tag mobs in one of those many, dreaded xrealm situations.

lrn2CJL its an instant tag and not a skill shot

Chi blossom is good to use to root your opponent from 10 yards away so you can regenerate energy. It also does about half the damage of Blackout kick and only costs 1 chi. Very useful if you learn how to aim with it just right.

This. but SFB is very very very very very very strong early levels. twice as much damage than BoK for the chi cost (at least when i was still lvling) for lvling i would get the glyph that makes it targetable so that there are not shenanigans with it missing or hitting extra mobs if your target dies early
Reply Quote
90 Human Monk
12/03/2012 06:25 PMPosted by Bikaito
Path of blossoms was presumably added for the purpose of roleplaying the flower girl in silvermoon weddings.

This. Awesome.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Monk
Spinning Fire Blossom is good any time you either cannot hit the target and you have chi, or you want to chain pull stuff while doing quests. It is also good for fights such as Elagon where you have a huge hit box and can move to max melee range and have the skill hit for +50% damage.

For WW chi wave is better for everything short of 25-man, and it's still decent in 25-man.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
12/03/2012 05:24 PMPosted by Mistweave
1) What roles do Spinning Fire Blossoms and Path of Blossoms play? Like, when should I use them?

Spinning Fire Blossom is the primary Chi dump for Windwalkers pre-~85ish (possibly even until you start getting end-game gear). It's also a skillshot root for PvP, and ranged damage (glyphed or not) for when the Windwalker must spend time outside of melee range (CJL -> SFB).

Path of Blossoms could theoretically be used as landmines. Or maybe for kiting or something. Mostly, it's just there to take up bar space and look pretty.

12/03/2012 05:24 PMPosted by Mistweave
2) Is there any reason to pick Chi Burst over Chi Wave for soloing? One chi burst heals for as much as a single heal (out of the possible 4) that Chi Wave does so that's 25% the healing Chi Wave does. Anything I'm missing?

Not really, no. Chi Burst is at its strongest in situations with a large number of targets (ideally both damage and healing, but the healing targets is the most important part, need 6+ for maximum effect). Chi Wave needs only a single ally and a single enemy target to perform at maximum efficiency. Chi Burst is really most useful in raids, and frankly I'd argue that even then its only really worth it for Mistweavers. Just stick with Chi Wave.

Zen Sphere is similar (need 6+ targets for the explosion to be at maximum healing efficacy), except that it also sucks.

Note that it specifically annotates that it doesn't prevent auto-attacking while its being cast, so it's actually not a DPS loss just from casting it (other than the 2 Chi lost, but that exists with Chi Wave as well). It turns you toward the target of your Chi Burst, but that can be negated by forceably rotating the character back during the cast. Like other cast-time effects, you can't move while casting it, but considering it's going to have only a 0.8-0.9 second cast time, that's not much. Rare are the fights were you are literally 100% on the move.
Edited by Daerien on 12/4/2012 9:06 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
I use SFB on fights like Feng and Elgalon when you have to be away from the boss (p2 of elg or running a spark out on Feng). It's not the most efficient, but it's better than 0 dmg.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Monk
I use it in PvP every day. Druid tries to run away (Or anyone), and you spam fire blossom. Because it doesn't take chi if it doesn't hit, you can spam it to make sure you root your target. It's a great gap closer.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]