T2 PvP Weapons = road block for sub 2200s

90 Night Elf Druid
When a player reaches the mark around 2k to 2100 they really start to feel the difference that t2 weapons create compared to t1. This creates a road block where those who have their t2 are superior and can keep those who don't have them down. A rich get richer scenario if you will.

T2 weapons should have 2 versions: a good looking cheap 2200 version and a more plain more expensive version with a rating req around 1850-2k -or- no rating req at all.

This is something like what guild wars 2 did. All the high end gear is identical but the hard to get stuff looked much better and more flashy.
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
2200 weapons are much more difficult to obtain this season. This is either due to lower participation (my guess) or rating deflation. I think the required rating on weapons needs to more accurately reflect upon the amount of people playing. The difficulty in obtaining them should be roughly the same as it always has been.
Edited by Bottles on 12/3/2012 10:57 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Priest
Its a nice idea and one alot of people I think would agree with.

There are 26 3s team on stormstrike at or above 2200 the large large majority of which are exactly 2200.

I dont think its unreasonable that more people see access to this level playing ground.

Asking that players make up for this gear gap with skill would be fine, but queues and points as they are now are soul crushing.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Warlock
Ten
isn't that why they put rated battlegrounds in the game

srs
Reply Quote
Not very constructive are you? Most rbg groups look only for certain specs, when was the last time you consistently saw a ret paladin in an RBG group?
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
I agree. In the current system they need to be lowered to at most 2k.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
12/04/2012 02:56 AMPosted by Memoirs
Not very constructive are you? Most rbg groups look only for certain specs, when was the last time you consistently saw a ret paladin in an RBG group?

I saw one the other day. Do they suck? Yeah. But if you want to be in a group, make one.
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
2200 weapons are much more difficult to obtain this season. This is either due to lower participation (my guess) or rating deflation. I think the required rating on weapons needs to more accurately reflect upon the amount of people playing. The difficulty in obtaining them should be roughly the same as it always has been.

It's possible, but I think it's more difficult because people with little or no skill can walk into 3s with the most OP classes and win most or all of the matches against people who were actually 2.2k last season.

I'm not 2.2k, but it was frustrating doing 3s with my last season's team members (mage/lock/shammy), all fully geared losing to 1650 teams whose team members had never been that high before - and last season my team members were 2150+ team rating on their mains, and 2050+ mmr on our MLS team.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Mage
Vox

It's possible, but I think it's more difficult because people with little or no skill can walk into 3s with the most OP classes and win most or all of the matches against people who were actually 2.2k last season.
RBGs are easier to get 2200 which is why more people do RBG, plus RBG gives higher point cap.

So what you have right now are a bunch of RBG kids in the 1800+ range with T2 who are terrible, but can one shot people with the insane burst in this game. That's a huge roadblock in and of itself. As someone who has normally been in the 2400 range, it's incredibly frustrating.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/tichondrius/Vanguards/advanced
Reply Quote
2200 in both RBG and Arena are significantly harder to obtain this season, either because of decrease in activity or mmr deflation, anyone who says otherwise are probs season 9/10 2400's. or just bads :P
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
Isn't it not just the weapon? Don't you also get to upgrade all your gear to elite for free at the same time as getting the weapon?
Reply Quote
12/04/2012 07:10 AMPosted by Kimihara
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/tichondrius/Vanguards/advanced
yes, im aware that the top paladins can get into an rbg team, but in an ordinary rbg team you wont expect them to bring a paladin when you can just bring a warlock or a boomkin
Reply Quote
In fact, as a hunter it's probably harder to find a RBG team that would take me, and hit 2200. If you ever play RBG this season, at 2100 you meet teams like Anthony, or Bailimos because they either have a lower rated alt/friend/carry in this group or are actually 2400 but because noone queues, you guys get matched up. :P

Oh did I mention I'm a hunter and noone wants me. So now i have to rely on 3v3. And I hit 2199 tonight, still have tier 1 and yes I can feel the roadblock, even worse in BG9 it's not just a road block of tier 2's, it's a road block of rank 1's.

see my sympathy thread here and say nice things to me please ty

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/7200054543?page=1

EDIT: Elite gear is just for looks, has no statistical upgrades. To be honest it should be like that with weapons. But then again when I say this, people with tier 2 will just flame me for being bad. So I stay quiet and drink my grapejuice...
Edited by Hemosu on 12/4/2012 7:21 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue

T2 weapons should have 2 versions: a good looking cheap 2200 version and a more plain more expensive version with a rating req around 1850-2k -or- no rating req at all.

that would just move the "roadblock" to ~1850
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
Given the relative rating scales are comparable to what they were back in season 2-3, I think dropping the weapon requirement to 2050 (as it was in season 2 and 3), and also allowing 2v2 to qualify is reasonable.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
12/04/2012 08:44 AMPosted by Lockenspiel
Given the relative rating scales are comparable to what they were back in season 2-3, I think dropping the weapon requirement to 2050 (as it was in season 2 and 3), and also allowing 2v2 to qualify is reasonable.

Don't recall a weapon req. in S2. In season 3 it was 1850 and there were no t2 weps.

In season 4 it was 2050 and there were also no t2 weps.
Edited by Uhrorz on 12/4/2012 9:09 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
12/04/2012 06:03 AMPosted by Magedoom

I'm not 2.2k, but it was frustrating doing 3s with my last season's team members (mage/lock/shammy), all fully geared losing to 1650 teams whose team members had never been that high before - and last season my team members were 2150+ team rating on their mains, and 2050+ mmr on our MLS team.

yeah except 2.2k last season almost required you to be a mage lock or shaman playing with a lengendary dagger rogue....

also 2.2k is elite, i usually get it, but not on my alts. itd be nice to have some incentive for all characters and players. I really liked the set up in lich king when we had 1800 weps, 2k shoulders, 2.2k elite weps.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Warlock
There shouldn't be a requirement at all. Needing a requirement simply roadblocks everyone. It should just be a large amount of Conquest points needed before purchase, similar to t1. The fact RBG players can roll in in the 1600-1800s and global people left and right with t2 most arena players will never see, is stupid.

Same for teams pushing 2.2k and running into T2 roadblocks in the 2k range. I mean you cant expect a team fighting tooth and nail for 2k-2.2k to outskill their higher rated opponents and their weapons consistently enough to get 2.2k. Most people in this game arent amazing or glad material, thats a huge mountain to climb considering those 2.2k teams arent exactly scrubs.

There shouldnt be a rating requirement at all, and you shouldnt be required to RBG to get weapons. It is hard to find groups, takes forever to set them up, and 1 loss and people leave because everyone in this game wants carried or thinks they are future glads because of that one time in band camp they got 2k or something.

Have any of you actively tried to RBG? Its boring, you are forced into specs you may not even have the gear for, some classes are blacklisted 90% of the time, etc. Its one of the stupidest things I try and do every week.

A very high conquest point cap for t2 does the same thing as a rating requirement, restricts the weapon to the best people first, but is still attainable by the masses in time. I mean really, they got rid of this rich get rich system in PvE, why not PvP. I prefer to play a multitude of alts, trying to push rating every week in arena and then RBGs is a crapshoot with real life responsibilities. Like the old raiding system Blizzard effectively eliminated.

TLDR: there shouldnt be a rating requirement on anything, simply conquest point requirements.
Edited by Hottodot on 12/4/2012 9:25 AM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]