T2 PvP Weapons = road block for sub 2200s

90 Undead Priest
They need to lower the requirement to like 2k. 2.2k wasn't as hard before, with the changes to pvp power if your not one of the bursty classes farming up to 2.2k is a lot harder than before.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
I would like to see no req for a t2 wep that cost maybe 5k for 2h or 2500 for 1h and if you're 2200 there's an identical (or maybe more flashy version) that's either 3500 or maybe cheaper.

Also to the post about the elite armor at 2200 its just a different color.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Death Knight
12/04/2012 07:18 AMPosted by Anderine
Isn't it not just the weapon? Don't you also get to upgrade all your gear to elite for free at the same time as getting the weapon?

only the t2 weapons provide a stat increase, the elite armor is simply cosmetic

I think it should be lowered to 2k, 2200 is not the same 2200 as when that rating req was implemented.

If you dont run the right comp or play the right class you wont get there
Edited by Cørnbread on 12/4/2012 12:54 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Death Knight
There shouldn't be a requirement at all. Needing a requirement simply roadblocks everyone. It should just be a large amount of Conquest points needed before purchase, similar to t1. The fact RBG players can roll in in the 1600-1800s and global people left and right with t2 most arena players will never see, is stupid.

Same for teams pushing 2.2k and running into T2 roadblocks in the 2k range. I mean you cant expect a team fighting tooth and nail for 2k-2.2k to outskill their higher rated opponents and their weapons consistently enough to get 2.2k. Most people in this game arent amazing or glad material, thats a huge mountain to climb considering those 2.2k teams arent exactly scrubs.

There shouldnt be a rating requirement at all, and you shouldnt be required to RBG to get weapons. It is hard to find groups, takes forever to set them up, and 1 loss and people leave because everyone in this game wants carried or thinks they are future glads because of that one time in band camp they got 2k or something.

Have any of you actively tried to RBG? Its boring, you are forced into specs you may not even have the gear for, some classes are blacklisted 90% of the time, etc. Its one of the stupidest things I try and do every week.

A very high conquest point cap for t2 does the same thing as a rating requirement, restricts the weapon to the best people first, but is still attainable by the masses in time. I mean really, they got rid of this rich get rich system in PvE, why not PvP. I prefer to play a multitude of alts, trying to push rating every week in arena and then RBGs is a crapshoot with real life responsibilities. Like the old raiding system Blizzard effectively eliminated.

TLDR: there shouldnt be a rating requirement on anything, simply conquest point requirements.

they shouldnt reward laziness with the best pvp weapons in the game. If you don't want to put in the work to get to 2200 then t1 weapons are more than fine.

everyone wants something for nothing, full malevolent isnt good enough? Its never been this easy in wow to get competitive gear and I think theyve struck a perfect balance with the way the tiers work in pvp.

I am completely fine with my t1 weapon, I hope at some point I do rated battlegrounds enough when they implement 5man queuing to get to 2200 but if I dont get there I wont feel cheated. I can recognize the need for a real incentive to work for in pvp, t2 weps are it.

Do you think conquest point grinding is a satisfying reward structure?
Edited by Cørnbread on 12/4/2012 1:02 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warrior
I actually really like the 1850 weps and 2200 shoulder reqs, and honor weps worked fine if you really couldnt hit 1850
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid

they shouldnt reward laziness with the best pvp weapons in the game. If you don't want to put in the work to get to 2200 then t1 weapons are more than fine.

everyone wants something for nothing, full malevolent isnt good enough? Its never been this easy in wow to get competitive gear and I think theyve struck a perfect balance with the way the tiers work in pvp.

I am completely fine with my t1 weapon, I hope at some point I do rated battlegrounds enough when they implement 5man queuing to get to 2200 but if I dont get there I wont feel cheated. I can recognize the need for a real incentive to work for in pvp, t2 weps are it.

Do you think conquest point grinding is a satisfying reward structure?

There's nothing lazy about getting the req points to get the weapon in the first place. The problem is you need to beat people with better gear to get the better gear. You have to prove you don't need it and if you're fighting people of relatively equal skill who have an advantage this can be really difficult if not impossible. It's a really bad design catering to elitists who think they shouldn't have to compete anymore when the reach the higher end.

It shouldn't be about who gets 2200 first and has this huge advantage (and yes t2 weps are a HUGE advantage). It should be about skill, with the better players being able to get things perhaps cheaper for alts or better looking things. It should not be the only way to get competitive weapons.
Reply Quote
your all dumb blizzard doesnt care about pvp they wont do anything with the t2 system. To get over the roadblock and get t2 just play some flavor of the month comp gg
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
WGS
12/04/2012 02:52 AMPosted by Havõk
isn't that why they put rated battlegrounds in the game

Yay another reason to be forced into RBGS ....
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
WGS
12/04/2012 12:59 PMPosted by Cørnbread
I am completely fine with my t1 weapon

Ofc you are. 1500 rated you could be using a waffle cone and be satisfied.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
WGS
I know from experience that t2 teams are doing tons more damage than t1 teams. Nothing you can do about it but hold out as long as you can and pray for a gib.
Edited by Bkz on 12/4/2012 4:37 PM PST
Reply Quote
39 Human Rogue
T2 upgrade isn't that much. Imo if you're truley better than them, you will beat them even though they have a very small stat increase.
Edited by Lickmepls on 12/4/2012 4:47 PM PST
Reply Quote
12/04/2012 04:38 PMPosted by Lickmepls
T2 upgrade isn't that much. Imo if you're truley better than them, you will beat them even though they have the 5k dps increase / hps.

totally not true a upgraded t2 weapon has 498 ilvl while a upgraded t1 has 478 there is a whole world of stat difference
Reply Quote
T2 upgrade isn't that much. Imo if you're truley better than them, you will beat them even though they have a very small stat increase.

lol...
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
WGS

How would you know rogue? Your class is incapable of t2 weapons. :)
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Death Knight
12/04/2012 04:33 PMPosted by Bkz
I am completely fine with my t1 weapon

Ofc you are. 1500 rated you could be using a waffle cone and be satisfied.

I play with irl friends, and am a dk. You are calling out my ratings? Ive been to 2k before and am a competent pvper. You know you might have your wep right now if your fail warlock was demo pre hotfix instead of destro/aff

Would you rather deal with the roadblock at 2200, or see a 1200 rated keyboard turner with the best pvp weapons in the game?

I can agree with the argument to lower the rating req to 2000, but I dont think they should go away. They should be hard to get and out of reach for most people. The weapons are the only thing in pvp that you actually have to prove you are decent to get.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid

478-498 for a 2h str wep is:

773.9 DPS, which is a 20% increase in raw dps alone. 20 freaking percent.
1054 PvP Power, which is about 4% PvP damage increase.
212 Str
317 Stam
141 crit
141 resil
Setting aside that the base stat increase is roughly the same as 1/3 of an accessory like a rings stats- the raw DPS and PvP power diff are HUGE.
Reply Quote
Stop people sitting on their rating, your rating only stays if you keep playing.
Every week you dont play x amount of games you drop x amount of rating.

Maybe give 1 free week of no play for every 3 weeks played just for people who have a reason why the cant play 1 week.
Puts more teams in play, stops the MMR prob where teams dont face anyone higher.

End of season top % ach doesnt count unless you were active for more then 75% of the season etc.

A lot of ways to fix these probs.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
its like tsg t1 vs tsg t2 who win
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
It is probably the developers hope that when they implement the rating inflation due to games played, that both the number of players queuing, and the peak rating will go up.

Currently there is concern over whether the top teams that are competing for rank one will have to sit and queue for hours on end just to out inflate their competition.

There will probably be a limit to how much your rating inflates in respect to how many games you play per week/season.
Reply Quote
90 Human Hunter
People need to stop complaining about the rating requirement. There has always been items at higher rating requirements to push people in the beginning of the season to play for more than just weekly points.

If you can't get 2.2k, like myself I've been struggling, then suck it up and stop complaining. If you don't like how the system is set up then go kill dragons or play another game with a welfare system.

The cap is at the right spot. No need to lower it. Right now it takes a good amount of skill to get weapons, higher than ever before. Is that bad? No. It gives the "Elite" incentive to get the best gear.

What Blizzard could do to stop all of you whiners is make the distinction between t1 and t2 less dramatic. But other than that I see no problem with what Blizzard has done. If every bad in the game got the best gear what progression would be left for them? This is an MMO, you progress.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]