[H] RP Tutorial Night - Wed, 6pm - Razor Hill

100 Blood Elf Monk
Back in the heyday of Lightninghoof's history (the server my guild and I transferred from), I used to coordinate RP Tutorial nights for the server. At these open events, RPers gathered in Brill to give each other tips and tricks for creating good, memorable characters, as well to develop connections and learn RP social skills from each other. As we were discussing possible events to put together in my guild's meeting last Sunday, I realized this might be something we'd like to organize again.

Tentatively, I'd like to schedule such an event for Wed the 19th, at 6pm Pacific. The event would be open to all who'd like to attend. As we'll be discussing the elements that go into creating characters and RP scenarios, it will largely be held OOC. This is an open event in another manner as well: if you'd like to be a speaker/lecturer, or if you'd just like to chime in with a constructive comment, you are welcome to. I'll be moderating to make sure the conversation doesn't get too chaotic (as well as remains respectful to everyone attending), but other than that there will be no limitations.

I like the idea of this event for another reason: while I was very familiar with the RP Community and their rules on Lightninghoof, there may be differences here on Wyrmrest Accord that I am not aware of. I'll be learning from you all even if it's only me speaking.

I hope to see many of you there!
Edited by Shannondryl on 12/17/2012 10:13 PM PST
Reply Quote
100 Orc Hunter
I'll be there! Seems like a good way to meet people.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
Good idea. Good luck with your event.
Reply Quote
88 Undead Mage
12/04/2012 02:49 AMPosted by Shannondryl
RPers gathered in Brill to give each other tips and tricks for creating good, memorable characters, as well to develop connections and learn RP social skills from each other.

I love this idea so much, but I highly discourage you from holding the event in Brill, unless you plan to have a mostly undead congregation. The town is very different here than it was on Lightninghoof (which was actually my very first server, as well!). It's one of the centers for Forsaken role-play and not Horde RP in general. This is because it's essentially a place where the apothecaries do their work, which is literally harmful to the living. The air is filled with toxic smog, there are rotting carcasses, and quite a few plague wagons are dripping their contents onto the ground.

I'd recommend holding it someplace in Orgrimmar for two reasons: one is that it's the faction capital, so the newer role-players probably going to be there by default. Secondly, the place is appropriate for everyone to visit lore-wise, since it's the head of operations.

Another option may be to pick a cool place out in a distant zone to promote World RP, but that may be better for a different type of event.
Reply Quote
This is a wonderful idea, and I hope it goes well! Some enterprising person should create a sister-event on Alliance and you guys could exchange notes, too.
Reply Quote
86 Troll Druid
12/05/2012 03:30 PMPosted by Ansirem
Another option may be to pick a cool place out in a distant zone to promote World RP, but that may be better for a different type of event.

And it would stop lowbies from coming depending on the zone. However, why not compromise? Pick Razorhill? It's close to Org, so you could have a rep advertising it there (or I guess in any city would do), and it's free to fly there. I don't think that's a very big RP hub, but I might be wrong.

EDIT: Also, if I'm around I'll definitely be coming.
Edited by Twig on 12/5/2012 3:45 PM PST
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Monk
Very good to hear about Brill, and an important point.

Jannit and Ziichi, I have alts on the Alliance side and wouldn't mind coordinating with such an enterprising person. Another option is available there: When Four Winds is in a good place (thus freeing me up from a couple responsibilities there), and if there is demand for more RP Tutorial Nights, I could host one for the Alliance.

As for where besides Brill on the Horde side...yes, I was still mulling over where to hold it. Razor Hill sounds like a great candidate. While I was there on a my troll druid alt I did notice some RP, but it didn't seem like a big RP hub. Most of it took place outside the inn there. If we hold it inside the barracks, we should be able to keep from disturbing that group, plus we can house as large a group as we'd like.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Monk
Just a reminder to those who frequent these forums that the RP Tutorial Night will be this Wednesday at 6pm, in Razor Hill ^_^
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Monk
Half an hour until the RP Tutorial Night in Razor Hill. We'll be meeting in the barracks (the large building)
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]