Warrior vs Paladin (New class choice.)

100 Human Paladin
12/06/2012 01:45 PMPosted by Feanorion
First: well done. Truly outstanding retort.

The insult to my armor was one thing. But my facial hair? A man has limits to his tolerance.

12/06/2012 01:45 PMPosted by Feanorion
They look upon Fean and feel a shiver of fear.

Only because they're concerned that whatever brain disease he has might be contagious. :)
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
but lfr windlord
http://i.imgur.com/QrjYR.png

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/xvp0kkfrqsjagjyh/sum/damageDone/?s=2412&e=2754#Slashlove

I need to go back and improve on that so I get back in the Top 10. Eventually.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Warrior
I guess I should start logging LFR again.

I thought WoL said they couldn't tell LFR apart from normal anymore

But half the time I get annoying tanks who don't take the news so well when they ask "Do you want boss or adds?" and I tell them "I'm taking everything"
Edited by Ðemolition on 12/6/2012 2:11 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
2) You fell from grace: from witty repartee to petty insults. You lasted one brief moment. Its puzzling, really. Your light burned briefest, yet not brightest.

If your light be burning, you should consult a doctor.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
RPing as a warrior is easier.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Warrior
I have a guildie who apparently RPs her priest as a retarded elf.

As in literally mentally handicapped.
Edited by Ðemolition on 12/6/2012 7:48 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
Does she have an explanation for the man hands?
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Monk
12/06/2012 11:58 AMPosted by Branar
I hope that all of Feanorion's titles are a great consolation when you arrive in front of a boss in the sort of garish get-up that a peacock might wear to Burning Man.

I LOL'd irl. Well played.
Reply Quote
86 Tauren Warrior
I really enjoyed tanking on my warrior in wraith and cata. They have a wide range of abilities for many different situations and you almost always have something to press. It's involved but a lot of fun.

Paladins are also awesome tanks. I played one in wraith and am leveling another up as a human to see that side of the game. Mana is infinitely better then rage for a resource and you can always use your abilities unless you are silenced, which sometimes stops warriors from using abilities also. Paladins get really awesome heals and various hands and bubbles.

I'm sure my warrior would be more fun once I get some heroic 5man gear on him, but right now rage isn't there all the time like I was use to in cata/wraith. I never thought about rage in those expansions and active mitgation is a lot more work then using a 30s CD that just does its thing.

Paladins have a lot of awesomeness baked into it via passives and just awesome abilities. Warriors get charge and heroic leap which are great for mobility. Paladins are easier to be solid tanks but the really good ones can help carry the raid with their non tank abilities. Warriors have more options as long as they have rage.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
I have a guildie who apparently RPs her priest as a retarded elf.

As in literally mentally handicapped.

Oh oh is it Schwert?
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Warrior
pfft, clearly warriors because of:

a). beards (even if mine if metaphorical)
b). always angry
c). who cares about transmogging armor or looking pretty, i wear whatever's best to !@#$ %^-*!es up
d). ladies love me (sparkles aren't sexy unless you're that @#$%^ from twilight)
e). charging into large group of mobs. or heroic leaping into them. badass and always fun.
f). beer
g). vengeance + shield barrier/executes. yum.
h). copious sex (aren't you religious pansies supposed to be celibate or something?)

i've been playing wow since vanilla, and i don't think i ever cared much about RP until this warrior.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
For me RP as a tank the Paladin I always call myself a Knight so i can do the full middle ages Knights of the round style having worked Ren faires as a jouster I had to RP as a Knight for tourists I find it easier

Warrior has SEVERAL options my personal choice<mainly fury wars> is the quiet superzerker
<Sword of the berserk, Lodoss wars , pissed off Saiy...dbz people to lazy to spell, ect> where my character is mellow laid back seems like the guy everyone picks on or thinks isnt much till in combat then its sword splitting rocks crap flying ect ect :)

Lol mental priest lol i love it
Reply Quote
94 Blood Elf Paladin
12/06/2012 02:10 PMPosted by Ðemolition
But half the time I get annoying tanks who don't take the news so well when they ask "Do you want boss or adds?" and I tell them "I'm taking everything"

Now that's just not nice.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
What is the demand for each tank in raids?
Equivalent
What are the expectations for the future of these classes?
Eh... getting punched in the face or DPSing. Oh! I think one of them might also heal somebody.
Do the defensive/offensive capabilities of warrior make up for the lack of heals?
This question makes me wonder if you understand the specialzation system, but I'll just say simply: Yes.
Which class is "more fun" to tank with?
Warrior.
What is pvp like for the off specs of each class?
Warrior is more disruptive and within my play style more powerful. Pally is more utilitarian and has the same arsenal of defensive powers in ret that make them strong tanks (I'm assuming that youre talking about pvping in DPS specs, since damage from players can no longer cause vengeance, making it a fools errand to be anything but a flag holder in prot)
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Shaman
Pally is pretty rad. But then again, the more the face rolling the tanking is, the more I enjoy it. That way I can spend more time trying to tell people about raid mechanics and monitor what other people are doing.

So if you are hoping to lead raids, then go pally. If all you want to do is tank or OT with the raid leader as MT then go warrior.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Warrior
The only only problem with a a warrior is you will hear.

"Not enough rage"
"I have no rage!"
"You can't do that yet."

Like when you sleep, have dinner, sex with your girlfriend(that ones odd).
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Monk
The only only problem with a a warrior is you will hear.

"Not enough rage"
"I have no rage!"
"You can't do that yet."

Like when you sleep, have dinner, sex with your girlfriend(that ones odd).

ahahaha
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]