-short cooldown thats reduced by haste

yet only chaosbolt gets nerfed.

balance.
Edited by Dwadawdaw on 12/4/2012 9:53 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
12/04/2012 09:48 AMPosted by Danhee
Warlocks deserved the nerf.

I won't hold my breath for a CD stacking Nerf to warriors and frost bomb nerf to mages.
Reply Quote
13 Undead Warlock
Isn't CB a standalone spell? Doesn't Frost Bomb require 3 spells to really work together, mainly revolving around Deep Freeze cd? So technically, the burst time between the two cds are longer, not to mention Deep Freeze is dispellable. Also always crits and damage increased by increasing crit chance? Deep Freeze stun time reduced by 1s in latest patch, so 1 less 70+ ice lance... Sounds to me like both locks and mages did get nerfed.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
frost bomb:
-similar damage and can exceed it to chaosbolt
- shorter cast time
-AoE snare

balance.

But frostbomb is a mage spell so your argument is invalid.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
meh, I think chaos bolt is fine with the nerf, damage wise.

the cast time though sometimes amuses me.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
Uhhh... I mess up any Mage, even if they're using Frost Bomb or not. Get on my level.
Reply Quote
13 Undead Warlock
frost bomb:
- shorter cast time
-AoE snare

balance.

too true, lol
Reply Quote
90 Undead Death Knight
12/04/2012 10:02 AMPosted by Dotkills
Isn't CB a standalone spell? Doesn't Frost Bomb require 3 spells to really work together, mainly revolving around Deep Freeze cd? So technically, the burst time between the two cds are longer, not to mention Deep Freeze is dispellable. Also always crits and damage increased by increasing crit chance? Deep Freeze stun time reduced by 1s in latest patch, so 1 less 70+ ice lance... Sounds to me like both locks and mages did get nerfed.

Well lets compare my Soul Reaper then. does 65-85k damage can be dispelled, can only damage targets below 35% HP and requires melee range 5 seconds CD.

Frost Bomb requires target to be frozen, and 1.5 sec cast.... Does a lot more damage (200k with fireblast), its also a ranged spell. ALSO It gives frostfire bolt proc.

Why don't DK get soul reaper detonate?

Bottom line is Frost Bomb is retarded with glyph of fireblast. It should not work in PvP, even mages agree to that.
Reply Quote
13 Undead Warlock
Yea, why don't you get a detonate, that would help dks.
Reply Quote
1 Undead Warrior
frost bomb:
- shorter cast time
-AoE snare

balance.

say it aint so!
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
its more like this.

chaos bolt needed to get nerfed...

frost bomb... also need to get nerfed.

and all the people rejoiced.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Mage

Bottom line is Frost Bomb is retarded with glyph of fireblast. It should not work in PvP, even mages agree to that.

Except this is exactly what blizzard decided it should do. Besides, mages have been lining up frostbolt fireblasts for double shatters since vanilla.
Reply Quote
frost bomb:
- shorter cast time
-AoE snare

balance.

they are both good, but i am sure chaos bolt is better as you can hit 2 people by casting 1 chaos bolt, they can do something to were you cannot interupt it, and chaos bolt always crits.

as to frost bomb doesn't always crit and requires the target to be frozen.
Edited by Raw on 12/5/2012 9:55 AM PST
Reply Quote
86 Pandaren Monk
12/04/2012 09:48 AMPosted by Danhee
Warlocks deserved the nerf
It was not truly a nerf just a had it so 25% hit you with in 4 seconds, and yes it was needed.
Reply Quote
31 Blood Elf Monk
Except this is exactly what blizzard decided it should do. Besides, mages have been lining up frostbolt fireblasts for double shatters since vanilla.
'

Shockingly this mage likes being silly op.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
12/05/2012 09:54 AMPosted by Raw
you can hit 2 people by casting 1 chaos bolt

So you can't hit two people with frost bomb?

they can do something to were you cannot interupt it

2m 40s cd on that. Mages can use PoM frost bomb if it's really that big of a deal, and PoM is a shorter CD.

chaos bolt always crits

If you're geared correctly, Frost Bomb will always crit as well if you have the target frozen.

Also:

Frost Bomb doesn't even require cooldowns to hit hard. Warlocks need to pop a two minute cooldown for Chaos Bolt to almost hit as hard as frost bomb.

Clearly, frost bomb is better than chaos bolt.
Edited by Çranky on 12/5/2012 2:59 PM PST
Reply Quote
you can hit 2 people by casting 1 chaos bolt

So you can't hit two people with frost bomb?

they can do something to were you cannot interupt it

2m 40s cd on that. Mages can use PoM frost bomb if it's really that big of a deal, and PoM is a shorter CD.

chaos bolt always crits

If you're geared correctly, Frost Bomb will always crit as well if you have the target frozen.

Also:

Frost Bomb doesn't even require cooldowns to hit hard. Warlocks need to pop a two minute cooldown for Chaos Bolt to almost hit as hard as frost bomb.

Clearly, frost bomb is better than chaos bolt.

you do know frost bomb only hits hard because people pop their trinkets,icy veins and everything while the target is frozen right?

we can argue about which is better, but i consider them both extremely good and even.

except i never seen a frost bomb hit more then 200k
Edited by Raw on 12/5/2012 3:05 PM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]