So, who hasn't been nerfed yet this xpac?

Great game design or should I say great marketing. Let classes ship in an overtuned state then systemactically nerf them once you've got a few months of subs and new players hooked.

I don't keep that close of a track but so far off the top of my head we have....

1. bm hunters
2. warriors
3. fire/frost mages
4. Demo/destro locks
5. misteaver monks
6. All shaman (thx to 1 spec being op)
7. Not sure but there had to be an spriest nerf in there somewhere casue they were retarded at release....

So, is this planned or is blizzard actually this bad at game design, testing and implementing feedback? How is it possible that this many nerfs need to go out? Are things even being tested? what is beta and ptr for? The only explanation that really makes sense is that this is a marketing gimmick in order to reel in customers. If so, kudos to blizzard marketing department. If not, shame shame on developers for sucking so bad.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
Windwalkers have only seen buffs! Hopefully with more to come. Definitely some QoL issues with our Mastery and FoF is about as bad as Fire Mages are now. lololol.
Reply Quote
surprised i didn't get a ret in here...but I believe their 4pc was nerfed...so add them to the list!
Reply Quote
I miss Druid 1 day 270% run speed.
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
12/04/2012 01:19 PMPosted by Skuttlebutt
surprised i didn't get a ret in here...but I believe their 4pc was nerfed...so add them to the list!

Oh, don't worry. The class "balance" team never forgets us. We were hit by the PvP Power Hybrid Healing nerf moderately to devastatingly hard depending on who you ask. 4 piece was nerfed. Divine Storm and our Mastery scaling took hits just before MoP launched.

Fortunately, Retribution is still in a far better place than it was two months into Cataclysm, and arguably in a better place than any time in the history of WoW except for a very brief period in Wrath. I sat out late BC through late Wrath myself, I've heard accounts of it being anywhere from a week to a month. *shrug* Figures I missed it.
Reply Quote
1. bm hunters
2. warriors
3. fire/frost mages
4. Demo/destro locks
5. misteaver monks
6. All shaman (thx to 1 spec being op)
7. Not sure but there had to be an spriest nerf in there somewhere casue they were retarded at release....

Well, I don't see my balance druid. The BM nerf just made me try a different spec which I like better. Noxxic says survival does the lowest damage of the class. Recount says otherwise.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
Don't forget (blood) DK's with the DS nerf against players.
Druids with the speed buff nerfs.
Moonkins with the solar beam nerf.
Ret pally pvp set nerf.
Paladins with the harsh words change.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
I'm surprised that they didn't make monks faceroll OP like they did with DKs. I guess the memories of sandbagging the flood of tears from having to nerf DKs made them hesitant to try that again.

And all the nerfs you're talking about are in pvp.

In pve, priests got some lovin' from the devs, and I'm seeing it on the healing meters. Dunno about the tanks, does anyone know if blood DKs still pump out retarded amounts of dps still?

I mean, balance isn't perfect, but I think this is as close as they've come so far. I think the real problems with WoW these days have to do more with social issues (like trade chat) and the Gear Singularity that they alluded to in a post somewhere.

You know that's the reason that every expack these days only advances 5 levels - we're in the nonlinear phase of the exponential growth of stats now. I'm not sure how they're going to solve this one. I'm glad I'm not them, but I will be watching with popcorn to see what they do about it.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Hunter
Been SV since launch. No nerfs for me! Wish I hit a little harder, but it is what it is ...
Reply Quote
91 Draenei Death Knight
I'm surprised that they didn't make monks faceroll OP like they did with DKs. I guess the memories of sandbagging the flood of tears from having to nerf DKs made them hesitant to try that again.

And all the nerfs you're talking about are in pvp.

In pve, priests got some lovin' from the devs, and I'm seeing it on the healing meters. Dunno about the tanks, does anyone know if blood DKs still pump out retarded amounts of dps still?

I mean, balance isn't perfect, but I think this is as close as they've come so far. I think the real problems with WoW these days have to do more with social issues (like trade chat) and the Gear Singularity that they alluded to in a post somewhere.

You know that's the reason that every expack these days only advances 5 levels - we're in the nonlinear phase of the exponential growth of stats now. I'm not sure how they're going to solve this one. I'm glad I'm not them, but I will be watching with popcorn to see what they do about it.

TANK Dmg was nerfed across the board weeks ago (I think its been over a month now), Blood specifically was only out preforming the others thanks to disease dmg being buffed in combination with all the AoE they have in their normal rotation.

Like on Stone Guard I can have diseases up almost constantly on all 3 dogs, DnD on 2 of them, then BB refreshing my diseases on the 2 or heart strike hitting them.

Blood Boil dmg itself "was" nerfed a few weeks in (though that might have been a tool tip change and it was nerfed from beta to live) its been awhile so my memory is fuzzy.

Basically if you have players consistently loosing out to tanks in actual raids well...... they are doing it really really wrong.
Reply Quote
100 Goblin Rogue

Basically if you have players consistently loosing out to tanks in actual raids well...... they are doing it really really wrong.
Have you played with any good brewmasters?
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Death Knight
12/04/2012 09:39 PMPosted by Darkspectrum
Don't forget (blood) DK's with the DS nerf against players.

This was pretty much a non-issue, as we rarely got above the minimum shield in PvP anyway.

12/05/2012 08:57 PMPosted by Leonoir
Have you played with any good brewmasters?
\
KEG SMASH TO VICTORY
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Also Druids HotW nerf but it was justified
Edited by Elendïl on 12/6/2012 12:52 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Death Knight self healing was nerfed as well.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Rogue
We started the xpac nerfed. Slowly getting buffs, but we started off dismantled.

Specifically sub.
The loss of crit modifiers
Hemo taken off of sang vein
Backstab and Ambush damage a pittiance at best (thanks to lost crit modifiers)
AoE nerfed from Crimson Tempest not double dipping anymore with Mastery and Sang Vein.
Shadowstep damage modifier removed
prep/step now made a choice

Mastery is the only thing keeping us afloat right now with faster attacks from SnD and stronger finishers.

But i have hope still, scaling in later tiers may fix a lot of this first tier slowing down.
But man was it a shock going from lvl 85 DS energy regen, to lvl 90 blues and a few epics thrown in.

As the pandas say. "Slow down"
We didn't have a choice in the matter.
Call me strange, but I actually enjoyed almost being GCD capped.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Priest

Shadow was stupidly bad at release. We had terrible single target damage and horrendous AoE. Since release they've buffed Cascade and Divine Star to move them on par with Halo (level 90 talents) and they've buffed Mind Sear recently so that it now does competitive AoE DPS.

No nerfs and nothing that hasn't been unjustified. Most of us are still sore about our poor scaling from gear, but hoping that changes in the next tier.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]