Weapon day...

80 Human Priest
Should i go two fist weapons or polearm? I see a lot of monks going 2h lately in pvp.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
I thought I saw a qq post recently about the fist weapons only giving half pvp power.
Reply Quote
24 Human Monk
I wish weapons we're more easily obtainable, its one thing to have less resilience in pvp but its another to have 1/3 less pvp power because so much is on the weapons.

Just my 2cents.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Monk
No differnce, go fist weapons and get Fist of Molten Fury for transmog
Edited by Havocz on 12/4/2012 4:45 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/7273268857
Reply Quote
24 Human Monk
12/04/2012 04:45 PMPosted by Zegreiart
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/7273268857

LOL too funny.
Reply Quote
DW is superior. 2H will slightly gimp yourself.
Reply Quote
DW gives you more tiger procs. 2h doesn't really do anything special.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Monk
Advantage of 2h is that you can spend half the points to upgrade it and you only have to buy the one enchant. Otherwise, yeah, same tier I have found DW always beats 2H. Always.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
pvp weapon wise, you get more base stats with the 2H.
Tiger procs are roughly equivalent with either choice
DW grants more enchant proc uptime

Only if you can afford dancing steel, is it really worth it, as the haste and mastery procs on WS are meh anyways.

Then of course.. theres always the aesthetic preference that so many players write off without consideration :P

And finally to the OP, do not get fist weapons in particular.... they do not show in combat so its kind of a buzz kill
Edited by Sahbin on 12/5/2012 3:43 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Monk
Actually, the facts are that DW is better than 2h, more dps and double enchant. Also DW gives more tiger procs.
Edited by Tèdril on 12/5/2012 3:49 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
12/05/2012 03:48 PMPosted by Tèdril
Actually, the facts are that DW is better than 2h, more dps and double enchant. Also DW gives more tiger procs.

Run it on a test dummy and look at the white values when you proc Tiger with both a 2h and DW, and then use recount over the course of 40 seconds, as i doubt you will have any more uptime then that in any given pvp environment
Reply Quote
90 Undead Monk
Whatever has the higher ilvl. Matters even less in pvp.
Reply Quote
Double enchants are hard to beat in pvp for burst oppurtunities, but you have flexibility.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]