Tuesday, 20 November 2012 - Umbrella Time

MVP
86 Night Elf Priest
Actually, it has rained a reasonable amount throughout November. However, my umbrella has been a magical tool that keeps it from raining if I'm carrying it and lets the rain fall if I'm not. This morning a little spritz of rain decided to christen my umbrella. \o/ Okay, so maybe it really wasn't enough that I needed the umbrella. Doesn't matter. Umbrella time!

I need to stop walking so much to rest up for a Turkey Trot 10k on Thursday. I've known this for a week. So ... what do I do? Skipped my first bus this morning and walked (24m), took the train and walked the rest of the way to work (12m). Last night I had to get my laundry done, couldn't waste time waiting on the bus and potentially getting to the laundromat after their cut-off time, so I walked (20m with heavy bag of clothes). I finished at a time when it would be 20m for the next bus to show up, so I walked home (20m again). My poor poor feet. Too bad my brain isn't listening to them.

Hmmmmm ... need more music on my phone for the 10k though. I've been adding songs that keep me walking at a fast pace, but right now I have less than a couple dozen. Which means I'll be hearing them several times. The trouble is ... everyone I know who knows any sort of music does not tend to listen to anything in line with my jumble of songs, so their usual recommendations have me hesitant to even ask for more. Guess I'll just hear the same songs four or five times. =P

/tar Bite
/HUUGE HUUG

/tar Sin
/ɥnƃ

/tar Prodon
/hairflip

/tar Iki
/breaks out of crazy house

/tar Marques
/ninja priest hug

/tar Sarahgadi
/promises to read the rest of the story in December!

/tar self
/kerrrrrpoof

Have at Sentinels!
Edited by Eilethalua on 11/21/2012 9:36 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Mage
I have too many songs to narrow it down. I would never be able to select the right ones. As for rain we are lucky this year as we have not had a drought. YAY.

Turkey day is approaching and we will not be hosting. NO cleaning before people arrive. Wife is making pie and some other delicious stuff tomorrow. I get to go to the store and then watch. I am not making my apple pie this year. Oh well. Friends are having us over for dinner so it will be nice to sit and enjoy doing nothing.

Need to get back to my story that I started last week. I have run out of the urge to write so I will hopefully find it again soon. My wife is losing her job on Dec 31 so a lot of plans we had just went up in smoke. She gets some severance pay but the lack of insurance is the killer. SIGH.

Anyway we will get by.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Warlock
I find it rather interesting that one of our newest programs here at work has the acronym of ORCS. I can't help but say Lok'tar ogar whenever it gets mentioned.

Oh, so my phone just had an exploding battery, or something.

As for turkey day? I'ma make me a lasagna pie. I'm tired of lasagna being square and cake like, so I'm going to make it nice and round, like a pie. I always thought it would be fun to have a pie store called Pie x Pi.

So Brain, what are we going to do tonight?
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Mage
Kek.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
/tar Prodon
/hairflip

Oh no you didn't!

/westsidestoryfingersnaprhythm

It's on now.
Reply Quote
MVP
86 Night Elf Priest
/snapsnapsnap
/snooty headtoss
Reply Quote
/Grabs Camera

I'll make millions off this!!!!. Oh wait this is Sentinels forums *Puts Cameras away*

is it Turkey Day yet??

/superduperduper ninja Hugs Blue
Edited by Kamshaft on 11/20/2012 5:07 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
I'm almost 60% sure that it wasn't Thursday on the 20th.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
11/20/2012 12:48 PMPosted by Ikinai
Oh, so my phone just had an exploding battery, or something.

You musta got the one that was supposed to go to the mission impossible guy.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Rogue
It is thursday here.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
11/21/2012 07:39 AMPosted by Sinlinara
It is thursday here.

This is yesterdays thread.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Warlock
11/21/2012 07:59 AMPosted by Silversol
It is thursday here.

You mean it's yesterday once more?
Reply Quote
11/21/2012 08:03 AMPosted by Ikinai

You mean it's yesterday once more?

Seems so.

So same as yesterday. Is it Turkey time yet? I am sooo lookin forward to the L-Tryptophan nap!

an yes yes I know that it really isn't the turkey, heres an article

http://chemistry.about.com/od/holidaysseasons/a/tiredturkey.htm

Your Chemistry lesson for the day

/ninja hug Blue

/ninja hug Ikinai

/ninja hug Sin

/gnome hairflip @ Prodon

/sets out Catnip for Silver
Reply Quote
MVP
86 Night Elf Priest
O_o I can't believe no one (not even me) mentioned my accidental time warp yesterday. I saw it when I went to look for a daily thread for today, edited it, and then see that Silver caught it this morning. Silly moi.

11/21/2012 09:21 AMPosted by Kamshaft
/gnome hairflip

What hair? More like mustache curl or ... beardflip?

Is it Turkey time yet? I am sooo lookin forward to the L-Tryptophan nap!

I don't think I've ever eaten enough on Thanksgiving to qualify for an L-Tryptophan nap. In fact, I outdo myself on the energizer bunny side. Last year I did a 5k, and walked at least that much more before and after, so this year I'm doing a 10k. The rest of the day is mostly dedicated to writing. I've fallen (behind) and I can't get (caught) up.

WANTED: More ideas for killing my main character (in his dreams). I have about a dozen. I'm trying to keep them from being TOO absurd, though admittedly the first one he avoids is being crushed by a falling tree and one I haven't finished writing is him caught up in a bank robbery / hostage situation. =P

*serves up hot chocolate*

I have no pastries at the moment, but there is raisin cinnamon bread, which is DELISH (and smells up the office to make everyone jealous - double win!)

Good morning Sentinels!

/group-huggles with GropeGuard™

/tar Bite
/tiptoe up behind
/HUUG
Edited by Eilethalua on 11/21/2012 9:53 AM PST
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Rogue
WANTED: More ideas for killing my main character (in his dreams). I have about a dozen. I'm trying to keep them from being TOO absurd, though admittedly the first one he avoids is being crushed by a falling tree and one I haven't finished writing is him caught up in a bank robbery / hostage situation. =P

About a year ago I had constant nightmares of Sinlinara trying to kill me, in some cases to kill herself and sometimes for revenge. Despite them being terrifying while I was asleep, I woke up with a grin on my face every time. I think it's for that reason that I love Amnesia: The Dark Descent so much.
Reply Quote
/tar Bite
/tiptoe up behind
/HUUG
/HUUG

I have determined that the best way to find Carmen Sandiego is to tell Blue that she needs a huug. :D

11/21/2012 10:11 AMPosted by Sinlinara
Sinlinara trying to kill me
My dreams frequently begin this way, before the BOW CHICKA WOW WOW starts.

Except instead of killing me, making me pancakes.

And instead of Sinlinara, Prodon.

And instead of Prodon, I mean Prodon's player IRL, but still wearing Prodon's dress.

*the camera pans and then zooms into a ballroom photo*

http://i.imgur.com/qlVhT.jpg
Edited by Bite on 11/21/2012 10:28 AM PST
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Rogue
I had expected to see a cow somewhere in the background of the picture. Not a tauren, a cow.

I am disappointed. I give this instead: http://iwastesomuchtime.com/on/?i=40605
Edited by Sinlinara on 11/21/2012 11:26 AM PST
Reply Quote
MVP
86 Night Elf Priest
HA! I expected a random guy in a ballroom dress. (Having seen a picture of Prodon's IRL player, I was going to say he wouldn't fit in Prodon's dress - it would stop around his knees. But I forgot the magic of WOW dresses that can fit gnomes and tauren alike without a seam being ripped.)

11/21/2012 10:15 AMPosted by Bite
find Carmen Sandiego

Where in the world is she? I need to give her a /huug.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]