Totems Aren't Spells

90 Pandaren Shaman
11/21/2012 07:28 AMPosted by Kagfu
I've shelved my Shaman, and will begin leveling a mage later on today.

If this nerf goes through and I for some god forsaken reason I don't quit, I'll end up doing this. GC and Blizz as a whole LOVES mages.

Nerf pyroblast or w/e it's called.

Mages cry loudly.

Blizz soothes them.

Shamans? We just get kicked even harder for speaking up. Seems the only way to ever be safe from nerfs all in all is to reroll mage.
Reply Quote
Nerf pyroblast or w/e it's called.

Mages cry loudly.

The Pyroblast nerf was just as stupid as this one is.
We are still getting nerfed, it is just that our other nerfs make more sense.
Reply Quote
Heh, what comes next for shamans? I know, how about make totems spell stealable!!
Reply Quote
85 Orc Hunter
I wonder if they are nerfing Resto Shamans while completely unaware that they are subsequently nerfing an already horrendous spec in Elemental? They can't be that oblivious can they? Is it safe to assume Ele compensation will be coming relatively rapidly?
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
I just want A GOOD REASON to nerf the entire class... This simply doesnt make any sense...

The dev team is just too lazy to think in an way to nerf ONLY ONE SPEC without affecting the entire class?

Or they are anticipating april's fool to our class and all of this is just a bad joke?
Edited by Khalgnir on 11/21/2012 10:18 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Shaman
11/21/2012 10:16 AMPosted by Northlander
I wonder if they are nerfing Resto Shamans while completely unaware that they are subsequently nerfing an already horrendous spec in Elemental? They can't be that oblivious can they? Is it safe to assume Ele compensation will be coming relatively rapidly?

It has been made quite clear by GC on his tweets that he has ZERO clue about at least 2 of the 3 shaman specs. How this *&#%$ holds his current position is beyond me.
Reply Quote
85 Orc Hunter
11/21/2012 10:09 AMPosted by Bándet
Mages got mad they couldn't global shamans in a deep like they could paladins.

They can still global DPS Shamans at least.
Reply Quote
It's always been said by developers that the "power" of totems was balanced against the fact that they had limited range and were easily killed by enemy players (5 hit point sticks). That is one of the things that makes the nerf so hard to swallow. The drawback of totems already does a good job of balancing them especially now that almost every totem has a cooldown to prevent reapplication. This is the equivalent of saying that the effects are so gamebreakingly overpowered that you need a way to completely prevent them from even being used at all. That to me sounds ludicrous.

**Shaman Fact of the day**
Totems were changed to physical effects unaffected by silence in WotLK. The change to physical school was to allow them to be used when the class was locked down since we really only had one school of spells to rely on and getting spell school lockout was the same as getting silenced for us (and largely still is that way).

Here's a reference to the change on wowhead's forums.

http://www.wowhead.com/forums&topic=27229/totems-are-now-physical-in-wotlk

Patch 3.0.2
http://wayofthetotem.com/category/patch-notes/
Edited by Horac on 11/21/2012 10:35 AM PST
Reply Quote
60 Undead Warlock
Totems can't be cast while silenced because they are spells, but they can be destroyed because they are objects. See how unfair that is? Not to mention ele and enh are a a bad spot right now.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
I wouldn't worry too much. We'll likely get that ability back around patch 6.0 (or 6.1)
Reply Quote
94 Draenei Monk
11/21/2012 10:50 AMPosted by Corpserun
I wouldn't worry too much. We'll likely get that ability back around patch 6.0 (or 6.1)

Nah, it'll get tied to ascendance and be resto-only.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
11/21/2012 11:01 AMPosted by Zephel
be resto-only.

Exactly how I see it coming.
Reply Quote
Ohhhhhh, man.

My computer crapped out 1 day before MoP went live. It took me 2 months to get it back in working order, and I of course took to my main of 8 years and started leveling him with the hope that this expansion MIGHT be the one I get to play Enhancement or Elemental in RBG's.

You know, in all the PvP I have done, I cannot think of a situation where I thought my totems changed the flow of battle so much that asides from their already abundant weaknesses that ANY class with ANY spec can remove (just autoattack them) that they should be weakened even more than they already are. It has just never happened.

I don't know whether to laugh or be legitimately be mad.....
Reply Quote
85 Orc Hunter
I think if we were any class other than Shaman we would see loads of Blizzard employees trying to talk us down off the ledge and actually listening. Albeit we are Shamans, so don't expect any attempts to quell the anger that is presently bubbling over inside our hearts.
Reply Quote
100 Human Warlock
11/21/2012 10:18 AMPosted by Khalgnir
The dev team is just too lazy to think in an way to nerf ONLY ONE SPEC without affecting the entire class?

Given that the issue is apparently Resto's ability to heal while silenced was too high, what would you suggest they do?
Reply Quote
60 Undead Warlock
Will they at least compensate?
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
11/21/2012 01:21 PMPosted by Sutherex
Will they at least compensate?

Based on their track record thus far with Shamans, not in the foreseeable future.

11/21/2012 12:24 PMPosted by Serinicas

Given that the issue is apparently Resto's ability to heal while silenced was too high, what would you suggest they do?

Spirit Link unusable while silenced. Only available to Resto, zero change to Ele/Enh.
Reply Quote
42 Draenei Mage
11/21/2012 07:20 AMPosted by Arbiter
If Blizzard wants to kill an entire class in one swing of the nerf bat, this is the way to do it.

Resto will still be amazing. Enhance will still be okay.

Elemental was always a joke spec (except for some gimmick comps in Wrath with 2pT9), so who cares if it's more of a joke?
Edited by Mirari on 11/21/2012 2:14 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Shaman
I felt that the removal of passive totems from the game(start of mop) was wrong. This is just hitting us while were down.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]