Totems Aren't Spells

90 Pandaren Shaman
Just ignore him is all, as we don't want our thread to get off track from snarky remarks and little arguments.
Reply Quote
42 Draenei Mage

Did you come here to troll or just be snarky in hopes of maintaining your spot as Blizzards golden boy?

There's nothing trollish or snarky about it. Player says totems 'still aren't spells', I remind him that Totems aren't classified as spells until 5.1.

Not sure when I've ever been Blizzard's golden boy.

11/24/2012 02:31 PMPosted by Sharmeleon
Just ignore him is all, as we don't want our thread to get off track from snarky remarks and little arguments.

You wound me :(
Edited by Mirari on 11/24/2012 2:38 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Troll Shaman
if they are going to make totems spells, the least they can do is make them unkillable like spells are as well. otherwise its just a 'uniquely crippling' weakness that only shaman suffer from.
Edited by Trollinthndr on 11/24/2012 3:45 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
11/24/2012 03:45 PMPosted by Trollinthndr
if they are going to make totems spells, the least they can do is make them unkillable like spells are as well. otherwise its just a 'uniquely crippling' weakness that only shaman suffer from.

I made this point in another thread (that Mirari also trolled) which was, if its going to be external (and therefore purge-able by all classes), then it should be stronger than a buff/spell everyone else gets.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Hunter

Wrong.

Traps.

Cant use when silenced, disarmed, and subject to pathing issues, along with needing the requirment of having someone stunned, scattered, or blinded to use properly.

If anything change traps with silence.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Shaman
11/24/2012 04:14 PMPosted by Mezasu
Wrong.

can traps be destroyed by taking 5 damage? didnt think so. next!
Reply Quote
8 Goblin Warrior
11/24/2012 04:51 PMPosted by Trollinthndr
Wrong.

Can Totems be used while disarmed? Does the target have to be withing 2 yards of Earthbinding Totem for it to work? What about your other Totems? There also has been this long history of Rogues and Traps.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Shaman
11/24/2012 05:05 PMPosted by Whim
Can Totems be used while disarmed? Does the target have to be withing 2 yards of Earthbinding Totem for it to work? What about your other Totems? There also has been this long history of Rogues and Traps.

are traps the ONLY defensive abilties a hunter has? as well as a majority of their damaging cds? didnt think so. comparing traps to totems and expecting sympathy is a losing battle. yes freezing trap is kinda dumb. but its not integral to your damage output or survival.
Reply Quote
8 Goblin Warrior

are traps the ONLY defensive abilties a hunter has? as well as a majority of their damaging cds? didnt think so. comparing traps to totems and expecting sympathy is a losing battle. yes freezing trap is kinda dumb. but its not integral to your damage output or survival.
I was going with a comparison of Earth Binding Totem and Ice Trap for Kiting but if you think that Shaman are the only ones with bad supportive mechanics (Totems/Traps and the like) then you are wearing blinders.

Edit, no Traps for Hunters are not as key as Totems are but then again you are missing the point. Your class is not the only one hurting.
Edited by Whim on 11/24/2012 5:16 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Troll Shaman
11/24/2012 05:13 PMPosted by Whim
if you think that Shaman are the only ones with bad supportive mechanics

they arent supportive only, unfortunately.

but for kitting, hunters also have very tanky pets and concussive shot, disengage(with buffs from their talents) and (in 5.1) the ability to cast every attack they have on the move at full power. not to mention an almost-immunity cd

shamans rely on totems for everything from dealing damage, healing, defensives, utility. traps arent anywhere NEAR that important to effective play as a hunter. especially not with your iwin stampede button.

11/24/2012 05:13 PMPosted by Whim
Edit, no Traps for Hunters are not as key as Totems are but then again you are missing the point. Your class is not the only one hurting.

the point is the shaman totem change, not about other classes in this thread, sorry.
Edited by Trollinthndr on 11/24/2012 5:19 PM PST
Reply Quote
8 Goblin Warrior
11/24/2012 05:18 PMPosted by Trollinthndr
if you think that Shaman are the only ones with bad supportive mechanics

they arent supportive only, unfortunately.

but for kitting, hunters also have very tanky pets and concussive shot, disengage(with buffs from their talents) and (in 5.1) the ability to cast every attack they have on the move at full power. not to mention an almost-immunity cd

shamans rely on totems for everything from dealing damage, healing, defensives, utility. traps arent anywhere NEAR that important to effective play as a hunter. especially not with your iwin stampede button.
Tanky Pets are good for PvE, in PvP lol, Shaman have Frost Shock and Frost Brand. Also the iwin Stampede had been nerfed for quite a while now. Shaman need Totems, nobody disagrees here but shooting on the move, Cobra and Steady Shots don't hit that hard now standing still.
Reply Quote
8 Goblin Warrior
11/24/2012 05:18 PMPosted by Trollinthndr

the point is the shaman totem change, not about other classes in this thread, sorry.
You are right sorry.
Reply Quote
42 Draenei Mage
Feel free to make a separate thread about hunter traps somewhere else.

I made this point in another thread (that Mirari also trolled) which was, if its going to be external (and therefore purge-able by all classes), then it should be stronger than a buff/spell everyone else gets.

You need to get this weird idea out of your head that if someone doesn't agree with you on everything that they're trolling out of your head.

I'd rather they go the other way and make the totems strong enough to compensate for their weakness. The whole dynamic here is supposed to be that totems are exceptionally high impact and therefore easy to kill. Blizzard just seems to have forgotten about the first part. Though I do think totem buffs/effects should universally be physical. Having a shield that's both dispellable AND can be killed by smacking it is silly.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Shaman
11/24/2012 05:24 PMPosted by Whim
Shaman need Totems,

well there we go. while disarmed hunters arent totally helpless (seeing as they changed detrrance to work while disarmed) but shamans are going to be completely helpless while silenced, which is a huge problem for the dps specs which are already floundering in pvp, and arent exactly top-of-the-line in pve either to make up for it.

our natural defenses are lackluster as is. (ie: there are none.. unless you count mail armor, and we know what armor is worth in pvp these days)
Reply Quote
8 Goblin Warrior
11/24/2012 05:52 PMPosted by Trollinthndr
Shaman need Totems,

well there we go. while disarmed hunters arent totally helpless (seeing as they changed detrrance to work while disarmed) but shamans are going to be completely helpless while silenced, which is a huge problem for the dps specs which are already floundering in pvp, and arent exactly top-of-the-line in pve either to make up for it.
Hunters, lets not derail this.

11/24/2012 05:52 PMPosted by Trollinthndr
our natural defenses are lackluster as is. (ie: there are none.. unless you count mail armor, and we know what armor is worth in pvp these days)
Mail has been useless since at least the release of TBC and yeah I feel your pain on survivability.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Shaman
11/24/2012 06:02 PMPosted by Whim
Mail has been useless since at least the release of TBC and yeah I feel your pain on survivability.

you guys did get the iron hawk (15%) dr though. something elemental shamans have needed for just as long and not obtained. it wasnt as bad when ele had talents that boosted elemental resistance and the amount of healing from any source.

but now its bad. resto is strong, and always has been, but every single nerf aimed at shamans as a whole in the past 3(at least) years has been due to resto and thats just getting reallllly old.
Reply Quote
8 Goblin Warrior
11/24/2012 06:05 PMPosted by Trollinthndr

you guys did get the iron hawk (15%) dr though. something elemental shamans have needed for just as long and not obtained. it wasnt as bad when ele had talents that boosted elemental resistance and the amount of healing from any source.

but now its bad. resto is strong, and always has been, but every single nerf aimed at shamans as a whole in the past 3(at least) years has been due to resto and thats just getting reallllly old.
Trust me it could be worse but you are right. We have Iron Hawk now but I prefer Exhilaration. The biggest thing right now holding my Shaman back is that I am way out of practice playing him.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Shaman
11/24/2012 06:20 PMPosted by Whim
Trust me it could be worse but you are right. We have Iron Hawk now but I prefer Exhilaration. The biggest thing right now holding my Shaman back is that I am way out of practice playing him.

you guys also have the benefit of being able to do things when locked out of attacks. thats the downside of being able to self heal with the same school magic that we attack with. and in the interrupt/silence heavy metagame of pvp it SUCKS
Reply Quote
8 Goblin Warrior
11/24/2012 06:27 PMPosted by Trollinthndr

you guys also have the benefit of being able to do things when locked out of attacks. thats the downside of being able to self heal with the same school magic that we attack with. and in the interrupt/silence heavy metagame of pvp it SUCKS
We have a double whammy you don't as Elemental. Silences effect us as much as disarms. We can use our shots and our stings while silenced, but no traps, no Big Red, no pet heals, no Stampede... you get the point. Hunters have also spent the bulk of the game designed by how the class should feel. There is where it could get worse. But we are getting sidetracked here.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Hunter
11/24/2012 04:51 PMPosted by Trollinthndr
Wrong.

Disarms and oh l ook theres 1 dmg done on that frozen trap. Bye 30s CD
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]