Character Models Update... Again...?

(Locked)

100 Troll Druid
So we've all seen the posts about the older races needing character model updates, posts ranging from the more poorly written to the more eloquent, but I often fantasize about seeing a single post garner enough attention that Blizzard's hand is forced and they have to run a patch. Its hard for me to imagine that there isn't one ambitious graphic artist who has never made a newer model just to see what it would look like. There has to be some work out there that Blizzard could draw from, I mean, they pretty much have already updated the majority of the older races with faction leaders that more or less look great, but ultimately do not look at all like the races of which they represent. I've read that Blizzard has addressed this and it's just not at the top of their to-do list but even the blood elves and draenei look better than the original races by comparison. The work is apparently there and I'd like to think the demand is out there too.

/sign a petition?
90 Dwarf Death Knight
During MoP Beta Blizzard stated that they are working on it but will be one race at a time and not going to be really quick. Older models are not game breaking, but they are working on it. The first race they mentioned are Dwarves.

Starting a petition thread will get it deleted.
90 Pandaren Monk
They're working on it, on race at a time.

Also, they frown on petitions, btw.
90 Goblin Shaman
no I would rather them work on stuff we actually need
Community Manager
There's no need for a petition. Our artists are working on it but we don't have any additional information at this time.
85 Night Elf Druid
11/21/2012 12:13 PMPosted by Rygarius
we don't have any additional information at this time.

they want to surprise us ^,^
15 Gnome Rogue
11/21/2012 11:58 AMPosted by Temnozar
100 Human Paladin
Hopefully that surprise isnt another couple years down the line

The Vanilla races look so dated in Pandaria, its sad.

11/21/2012 11:58 AMPosted by Temnozar

Praytell, what do we actually 'need'? Or is just a want you prioritize over this 'friviloty'?
Edited by Paladinchaz on 11/21/2012 12:25 PM PST
90 Undead Rogue
There's no need for a petition. Our artists are working on it but we don't have any additional information at this time.

Aww... Can... Can we petition anyway?

Anyway... Thanks blizz artists!
90 Orc Shaman
I don't see how a petition will make the art team work faster. They're already working on it.

I just hope they release the races as they're done and not all at once. If they only do one race a patch that's fine, at least we'll see results.
90 Draenei Shaman

Are they updating female worgen? I mean, un-updating back to the beta model?
56 Night Elf Druid

Awesome... Thrall's model in Cata (among others) was/is epic... The day that all Orcs look like this:

http://us.media1.battle.net/cms/gallery/MAP0RX8NCYAS1304014972748.jpg

Well, that will be a grand day indeed.
90 Night Elf Monk
Our artists are working on it
all I wanted to know.

Thanks, Rygarius :D
90 Human Paladin
As I've said a million times even better painted skins on the old models would be an improvement. I'm sure from looking at cata and mop they have become better artists at skinning. Better skin, no hairlip humans. Exception was Jaina, who now looks more real but a 40 some year old hooker face wise.
Edited by Imagrrl on 11/21/2012 12:29 PM PST
100 Night Elf Hunter
11/21/2012 12:25 PMPosted by Ninetales
just hope they release the races as they're done and not all at once. If they only do one race a patch that's fine, at least we'll see results.

I agree 100 percent.
90 Pandaren Monk
Hopefully that surprise isnt another couple years down the line

The Vanilla races look so dated in Pandaria, its sad.

Praytell, what do we actually 'need'? Or is just a want you prioritize over this 'friviloty'?

Hopefully we'll start seeing the races revamps rolling out sooner than later, I don't wanna have to wait until the next xpac to see the first couple!

As for the "stuff we need" guy, it's the art department, they're not likely to be taking away from much other development by creating new models they were already creating anyway.
This is also part of the reason, I'd imagine, for doing it a couple models at a time.
Personally, I believe that the art team in this xpac has shown they can accomplish great feats while multitasking. I don't think their attention to race remodeling will take away from anything else.
91 Tauren Druid
I honestly can't wait to see them. I'm so tired of seeing human females have big beefy calves and thighs.
90 Worgen Warrior
11/21/2012 12:26 PMPosted by Adelaide
Are they updating female worgen? I mean, un-updating back to the beta model?

No, they should update.

Make something even better than either model so everyone shuts the pumpernickel up.
90 Worgen Warlock
I love how blizzard changes stances.

Player: "Man I wish Blizz would update the character models already".

Blizzard blue post: "What would you guys rather, new models or another raid boss?"

Player: "Instead of wasting time making stupid things like farms and dailies can't we have more raids and content?"

Blizzard: "These are two totally different teams and it wouldn't matter..."
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]