Mage 100k~200k Hit on Gcd?

100 Draenei Death Knight
thats what happens when players lose in a 1v1 situation outside ogrimar / stormwind

they come asking for nerfs in the forums lol

Yeah, funny how it's never a Mage though...
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
Mages have a good chance to beat any classes out there. That's why they never complain about 1v1 on the forums. It's because they are the best in 1v1

It's amazing how the best specs in 1v1 are also the best specs in 3v3
Reply Quote
NO DECENTLY PVP GEARED PLAYER GETS FROM 100 TO 0 IN A SINGLE DEEP FREEZE.
CAN YOU FFS STOP SAYING THAT BS?
This is absolutely true. Without our partners connecting at the same time, no ones dying in a deep. But mages are way too good at putting someone in kill/execute range. 5.1 will give more opportunity to counter our burst potential, but I honestly don't think it'll be enough. Our burst needs to be toned down. I personally hate the fact that my play is built entirely around frostbomb and deep and that I'm relatively worthless between deep cds.
11/22/2012 04:15 AMPosted by Peztilence
is extremely overpowered, same for your CC
Are you kidding me? We have less control over an arena now than we've even had in tbc. Were not the best control class anymore. Not by a long shot.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
11/24/2012 10:20 AMPosted by Ryujìn
Do you have any idea of how much a Warrior can burst you down with 3~5 Taste for Blood stack?

Just thought I would butt in and say something, the chances of actually getting 5 stacks of TFB in a battleground are very low. I have honestly only gotten that many once or twice in 70+ battlegrounds.

I'm glad that you quoted me as saying this when I definitely didn't.
Reply Quote
100 Orc Warrior
comparing 5 stacks of TfB to deepfreeze+bomb is idiocy.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
Mages have a good chance to beat any classes out there. That's why they never complain about 1v1 on the forums. It's because they are the best in 1v1

It's amazing how the best specs in 1v1 are also the best specs in 3v3

Hunters and Warlocks beat mages 1v1.

11/24/2012 05:31 PMPosted by Onibushi
comparing 5 stacks of TfB to deepfreeze+bomb is idiocy.

This is true. TfB requires a huge setup as well as a bit of luck and anyone can stop the setup by keeping the warrior away from a target until the buff wears off.

The problem with mage damage is that there is not enough setup required. Also last I heard Mages get the most damage from spamming ice lance against a deep freeze target, which is a bit absurd.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
deep freeze should be a DPS CD like Recklessness.

3 ~ 5 min CD. But the actual game devs are not smart enough to balance the game.

While I do agree that deep freeze should have a DRMATICALLY longer cd, honestly even longer than recklessness (because it's actually vastly more powerful than recklessness over it's duration) - if you were to increase the cd of deep freeze in that manner, you'd have to make it undispellable and even untrinketable.

That's kind of the choice you face, either make it something that can't be removed OR deal with a shorter cd.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior

A Mage with ~35% PvP Power and ~45% Mastery (self-buffed) takes 25~40% of the enemy's HP with a single Frost Bomb shatter, if that enemy has ~55% PvP Resillience.

Do you have any idea of how much a Hunter can burst you down in the same time a Deep Freeze lasts?
Do you have any idea of how much a Demonology Warlock can burst you down without having to hard cast anything?
Do you have any idea of how much a Warrior can burst you down with 3~5 Taste for Blood stack?
Do you have any idea of how much a Frost DK can burst a cloth armor down with an Obliterate (with Killing Machine proc)?

The thing is that EACH of the above examples can be dealt with w/o having to use a trinket. None of them remove control of your character, either.

Deep freeze removes control of your character AND allows MORONICALLY high burst. Is 3-5 stacks of tfb bad? Sure. But you can disarm the warrior, you can cc the warrior, you can root the warrior, hell, you can prevent him from getting the stacks in the first place, almost every class in this game can prevent tfb from stacking up quite easily.

The same is true of your other examples BECAUSE none of the others remove control from your character.

Deep Freeze is massively overpowered because:

1) it removes control of your toon, so you can't even use a defensive cd.
2) it has a VERY short cd
3) It is nearly impossible to prevent
4) It allows over the top burst (not just for a short cd, but period).

This latest nerf honest is barely a nerf at all. It's what I would call "line noise" because it doesn't fix the underlying problems.

The idea is to simply cry and complain about Mages, no matter the current state of other classes (Hunters, Warriors and Warlocks).
The philosofy is: "are Mages OP? Let's cry. Have Mages been nerfed? Let's cry! Are other classes dealing as much burst as Mages? Let's cry ONLY ABOUT MAGES!".

Stop. That. 100-0. In. A. Single. Deep Freeze. BS.

The reason people complain isn't just that mages are op (which they are). It's because they've BEEN op for a long long long time now. Perhaps it's time for the hunters and ele shammies to have their go at it.

That makes you people look like a bunch of crybabies.

Don't forget to tack on "just eat your cake!" or some such thing. They're not (all) crybabies, they're (rightfully) pointing out that mages are too freaking powerful right now.

Honestly though, I'm way past giving a damned. I don't pvp anymore because I've completely lost faith in blizz's ability to balance pvp in any meaningful way. Either because their incompetent or they just don't care, it doesn't matter. I don't forsee a time when mages get to enjoy the rollercoaster that warriors and rogues go through of going from way op to completely broken (last expansion warriors sucked, this one, evidently rogues suck, but through it all, mages crush).
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk

is not, mages still are the most hated thing ever

And is justified because your burst damage is extremely overpowered, same for your CC

everybody WILL complain about mages as long as they have that stupidity of a 30s cooldown execute from 100 to 0-

A Mage with ~35% PvP Power and ~45% Mastery (self-buffed) takes 25~40% of the enemy's HP with a single Frost Bomb shatter, if that enemy has ~55% PvP Resillience.

Do you have any idea of how much a Hunter can burst you down in the same time a Deep Freeze lasts?
Do you have any idea of how much a Demonology Warlock can burst you down without having to hard cast anything?
Do you have any idea of how much a Frost DK can burst a cloth armor down with an Obliterate (with Killing Machine proc)?

You apparently don't have any f.ing idea of anything in this game.

The idea is to simply cry and complain about Mages, no matter the current state of other classes (Hunters, Warriors and Warlocks).
The philosofy is: "are Mages OP? Let's cry. Have Mages been nerfed? Let's cry! Are other classes dealing as much burst as Mages? Let's cry ONLY ABOUT MAGES!".

Stop. That. 100-0. In. A. Single. Deep Freeze. BS.

That makes you people look like a bunch of crybabies.

I'm tired of seeing my HP falling from 100% to 0% for being attacked by INSTANT CASTS of a Demonology Warlock.
However, I don't go into Blizzard's forums asking for them to be nerfed, because I know that Warlocks were designed basically to counter Mages. The same applies to Hunters.

Let me repeat once again: Hunters and Warlocks shouldn't be complaining about Mages.

http://i.imgur.com/iwZom.jpg

Only survived two GCD's (Fire Blast / FFB) in the Deep Freeze from full. 310k damage that's in full dreadful / Malev.

The only hard cast was Frost Bomb and that's only 1.5 seconds, the rest was all instant with 59% resil.

A 3-5 stack of TfB (while stupid) still takes set up, this damage was set up with an instant AoE Root -> 1.5 second cast -> DF (off the GCD) and well the rest is there.
Edited by Kallìk on 11/25/2012 3:51 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
11/24/2012 05:46 PMPosted by Shandrya
TfB requires a huge setup

no

11/25/2012 03:46 AMPosted by Kallìk
TfB (while stupid) still takes set up

no.

TfB doesnt take any set up at all. Just RNG.
i've seen warriors go from 0 stacks to 5stacks just straight proccing tfb one after the other.
warriors mobility is so ridiculously high, its not a problem having 100% uptime. on something. maybe you need to hit a pet to refresh the stacks, maybe you need to hit an off target, but its not hard. just rng.

tfb is 10000x worse than mage damage.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
RNG is a stupid mechanic to global someone with, I completely agree, but the difference is a warrior could go a whole match and get no more than one TfB stack, a mage's damage is on-demand with very VERY little RNG involved.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
11/25/2012 05:26 AMPosted by Kallìk
, I completely agree, but the difference is a warrior could go a whole match and get no more than one TfB stack,

There is no way a warrior will go an entire arena match without getting a TfB stack.

unless its you go in and rush the opposing healing and global him without TfB, which can still totally happen.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
You're not even reading and being nothing more than a belligerent troll. Nothing left to be said here.
Reply Quote
100 Goblin Mage
STL
Why is an animal tamer here complaining about mages? That damage has to be set up you know. As a frost mage in battlegrounds I find I can barely ever get off a hard cast of a frost bolt, so these types of set ups are needed. Need DPS and instant.

You animal tamers have most of your anti mage skills on instant use provided you have the energy. Plus you have furry animals to call in to aid your skill-less self into downing people.

Learn to play, and get more animals. Thanks for stopping by.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
[quote="71990527344"][quote]

Hey, smarty pants. Here's how you counter it:

- Have a healer ally dispel you as soon as they see the DF
- Use your trinket
- Have another ally CC you

The game isn't balanced around 1v1. It's balanced around the assumption that you have a trinket and you have allies to dispel you/cc your enemies. Hurp durp.

What is this "healer ally" you speak of?
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
Why is an animal tamer here complaining about mages? That damage has to be set up you know. As a frost mage in battlegrounds I find I can barely ever get off a hard cast of a frost bolt, so these types of set ups are needed. Need DPS and instant.

You animal tamers have most of your anti mage skills on instant use provided you have the energy. Plus you have furry animals to call in to aid your skill-less self into downing people.

Let's assume removal of Cold Snap and Readiness, to make this situation fair.

"Oh goodness! You just blocked all of my cooldowns...can you please stand still and don't move for a minute, so I can get my bursty thingys back up?"

You block all of our cd's, then all we have left is run away, or we will surely die waiting for our cd's. Our class is broken. It's like making fun of a Special Olympics kid competing in the actual Olympics. Not cool.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Hunter
11/22/2012 11:43 AMPosted by Pewpewblast

is not, mages still are the most hated thing ever

And is justified because your burst damage is extremely overpowered, same for your CC

everybody WILL complain about mages as long as they have that stupidity of a 30s cooldown execute from 100 to 0-

Hey, smarty pants. Here's how you counter it:

- Have a healer ally dispel you as soon as they see the DF
- Use your trinket
- Have another ally CC you

The game isn't balanced around 1v1. It's balanced around the assumption that you have a trinket and you have allies to dispel you/cc your enemies. Hurp durp.

I sure wish MY major burst abilities were on a 30 sec CD. My Burst talent (Zoo) is on a 5 minute CD. So in the span of my Burst talent coming off CD, you can hit me 10x with YOUR burst talent.

Fair and balanced like Fox news.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Hunter

You don't know what you are talking about, so you should probably stop now. If you get beat by a Hunter, ever, you should lose your Mage card.

You have More CC, More Burst and More ways to get out of jail free (in that rare event that you lose more than 50% health) than any class going. It's ok to just admit this. It's not like the Mage class is, or ever has been, in danger of getting nerfed.

Let's not play this "we aren't OP, the game just isn't balance 1v1" card here. It's intellectually disingenuous to deny the truth. When a Mage requires a pocket healer to beat ANY other class in the game, please get back to me.

Not only that, but no-one who's played longer than a few months even cares any longer. We have accepted it and moved on. Please do the same :)
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]