Movies that made you think of WoW

90 Pandaren Warrior
Sucker Punch
Reply Quote
28 Undead Mage
The Notebook.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Priest
Avatar. The world protrayed in that movie, with all of its colorful plant life, unique land formations (such as those floating mountains), Na'vi culture, flying mounts (lol) and other cool animal species, reminds me SO much of WoW. There's even a creature I heard in that movie that sounds exactly like a Gnoll from WoW! I'm 99% sure they used the same sound effect.

Also The Dark Crystal and The Neverending Story, for pretty much the same reasons as Avatar. I think Blizzard even got Outland's Skettis from the Skeksis in Dark Crystal. And some of the flying mounts and creatures in WoW remind me a lot of the luck dragons from Neverending Story.
Edited by Cowbacca on 11/22/2012 6:22 AM PST
Reply Quote
100 Undead Warlock
11/22/2012 05:47 AMPosted by Takumi
Sucker Punch

Made me think of reasons why I should stop watching that very movie.

The only thing that has reminded me WoW is the guild.
Reply Quote
15 Troll Rogue
[quote="71989627844"]Avatar. The world protrayed in that movie, with all of its colorful plant life, unique land formations (such as those floating mountains), Na'vi culture, flying mounts (lol) and other cool animal species, reminds me SO much of WoW. There's even a creature I heard in that movie that sounds exactly like a Gnoll from WoW! I'm 99% sure they used the same sound effect.[quote]

the animal that has the gnoll sounds are the viperwolfs the pack hunting animals that heckle like hyeanas
Reply Quote
15 Troll Rogue
11/22/2012 05:53 AMPosted by Rictras
The Notebook.

how?
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Rogue
If a movie plot makes me think of WoW there's a good chance I'm not finishing the movie. >_>
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Well... um... Lord of the Rings.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]