Bears and their executes (Oh wait!)

So, yeah. I guess I'm finally deciding to have a "woe is me" moment and ask why does every other tanking class have some form of execute, but bears don't?

I know that we generally pull more then most tanks (sub monks), but I still like having an extra rage dump or something for that sub 20%. Just feels...weird not having a button to push for that phase, whereas all my other tanking classes do =/
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
Trade ya for Berserk.
Reply Quote
39 Worgen Warlock
Boy I sure do love my monk's execute.

It works so well on bosses.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
Pallys execute kinda sucks now.. i do more damage stubbing my toe when i want a cookie at 3 am.

and yeah .. monks 'execute' .. you blink and you miss your 400-500k hit (and btw i don't think 400-500k hits is good, since you only get ONE how many do warriors get.. 30%->0% worth or something?)
Edited by Barfus on 11/23/2012 2:31 PM PST
Reply Quote
I labeled monks as having an execute in the form of fashion that they do have one. Using fort brew, goin' to 700k-800k hp and using it still makes somewhat of a difference.

I never said that other classes executes are fantastic, or that without them they would be horrible. I'm not complaining about it, I'm just wondering why we don't have one.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
druids still do a boat ton more dps then any other tank
Reply Quote

If you scroll up, you'll see that I said that already. It was actually my main reasoning as to why druids don't have an execute ability.
Edited by Acarnis on 11/23/2012 2:47 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Warrior
Monk execute as in that thing that you have like a 2 second window to use on a raid boss to save half a second?

I mean, its literally an execute, but its hardly an execute in the sense that it can increase your DPS below X%.

Also warriors have to forgo defensive abilities to use execute. (Not that it stops us)
Edited by Ðemolition on 11/23/2012 2:54 PM PST
Reply Quote
Said it once, and I'll say it again. Monk execute may not be substantial, but it's still there.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Warrior
Also, talk to any DPS warrior.

They'd gladly trade execute for more DPS from the get-go
Reply Quote
Why do you have to forgo defensive abilities to use execute? Once you have your shield block/absorb up and your rage generators are on CD, just use it as a filler. That's what it's suppose to be, another filler ability. Something you can use, that'll hit more then devastate or FFF or STP or heart strike, that you can use for a little extra push.

Also, talk to any DPS warrior. They'd gladly trade execute for more DPS from the get-go

I'm not saying that I want it for more extra DPS. I'm not complaining that bears can't pull numbers (go looks at logs, they obviously can, and I sustain close to 45k + myself on raid bosses). I'm just curious as to why bears don't have that ability where the other 4 classes do. I didn't know if maybe someone has seen something somewhere, or knows of some hidden information that explains it. That's all I'm asking for, because I can't find anything myself.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
11/23/2012 02:41 PMPosted by Barfus

And your source for this is?
Because at the start of this expac, that belonged to DKs/Pallies, and atm Monks are more likely to be topping meters. Druids haven't been over the top yet.

Not to mention, tanks have such a massive variance in skill level (somehow, despite having simple DPS rotations), whoever's doing more DPS relies mostly on who's actually good at it.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Warrior
Why do you have to forgo defensive abilities to use execute? Once you have your shield block/absorb up and your rage generators are on CD, just use it as a filler. That's what it's suppose to be, another filler ability. Something you can use, that'll hit more then devastate or FFF or STP or heart strike, that you can use for a little extra push.

It costs 30 rage. The same rage we use for shield block/barrier.

And for the same reason warriors don't have AMS, bears don't have heroic leap, Monks don't have Cat form and DKs don't have Roll, flavor?

I really don't see the issue with not having a random filler to push at a certain point.
Edited by Ðemolition on 11/23/2012 3:05 PM PST
Reply Quote
I don't have logs right now at my disposal to go fetch, also am too lazy to do it at the moment, but with the crit > hit/expertise cap > everything else stat priority I'm usually sustaining 45k single target (Exp: on my last Zor'lok kill I was at 47k)

Like you said, it's also mainly player based/skill level. Not sayin' I'm fantastic or anything, but I've seen other bears/tanking classes in general that either blow me away, or get out DPS'd by the fistweaver.
Edited by Acarnis on 11/23/2012 3:11 PM PST
Reply Quote
11/23/2012 03:04 PMPosted by Ðemolition
It costs 30 rage. The same rage we use for shield block/barrier

Forgive me on that, when I looked at my warrior I must have just glimpsed the wrong way, because I didn't see that it had a rage cost.

And for the same reason warriors don't have AMS, bears don't have heroic leap, Monks don't have Cat form and DKs don't have Roll, flavor? I really don't see the issue with not having a random filler to push at a certain point.

I'm not saying I want one(if anything I have enough buttons as is), I was just asking why we don't. I guess I just came off wrong with my reasoning. It just hit me earlier that we didn't, and I was confused as to Blizzard's reasoning.
Edited by Acarnis on 11/23/2012 3:10 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Warrior

Like you said, it's also mainly player based/skill level. Not sayin' I'm fantastic or anything, but I've seen other bears/tanking classes in general that either blow me away, or get our DPS'd by the fistweaver.

Its not because of touch of karma.

Its because of keg smash.

As for paladins and DKs, I don't know how hard soul reaper/HoW hits.

Warriors are really the only ones, I think, where execute does massive damage, but as I've said, 30 rage, so we have to sacrifice our active mitigation.
Edited by Ðemolition on 11/23/2012 3:11 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
I'll take berserk & incarnation over a warriors execute every day of the week.

Also I don't buy into the "johnny has 3 scoops of ice cream so I should get 3 as well" kind of argument. I'd rather see some differences in how classes function rather than every ability being the same just with a different name.
Reply Quote
11/23/2012 03:10 PMPosted by Ðemolition
As for paladins and DKs, I don't know how hard soul reaper/HoW

Our DK tank has soul reaper usually as his 2-3 on damage done. HoW....well, it's sort of the opposite. Then again, pally's can also glyph for holy wrath to do 20% more(I think) and just hit their main target.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
It costs 30 rage. The same rage we use for shield block/barrier.

Well, half.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]