Bears and their executes (Oh wait!)

100 Human Paladin
As for paladins and DKs, I don't know how hard soul reaper/HoW hits.

Hammer of Wrath is terrible. Second lowest damage ability we have.
Reply Quote
39 Worgen Warlock
Have you ever tried to actually land Touch of Death in a raid?

This is a silly complaint.
Reply Quote
90 Human Monk
11/23/2012 02:55 PMPosted by Acarnis
Said it once, and I'll say it again. Monk execute may not be substantial, but it's still there.

You can't be serious, but let's go over it.

Our raid dps for the last minute of H Gara'jal last week was over 400k. That means that, theoretically, I have just over a second to use my Touch of Death before the boss dies. In practice, with other classes' executes kicking in and lucky crits, I'll only be able to use it if I sit at 3 chi and button spam. And that's in a 10-man; in a 25-man you'd have no chance.

All of that to make absolutely no difference since the boss would die anyway.

ToD isn't an execute.
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
11/23/2012 03:32 PMPosted by Litchi
ToD isn't an execute.

By the definition of execute, it's the only one :)
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Warrior

Well it does let you cheat a spark on elegon, which is kind of cool
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Warrior
Can also gib a soul severer, so I can kill the other adds until the last second. Its useful, just not as an execute.
Reply Quote
39 Worgen Warlock

Well it does let you cheat a spark on elegon, which is kind of cool

It also lets you cheat Soul Severer on Gara'jal. :D

edit: DAMMIT ASTHAS
Edited by Rijdot on 11/23/2012 3:43 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Shaman
Shaman tanks don't have an execute either but you don't see us posting about it.
Reply Quote
11/23/2012 03:43 PMPosted by Lightningles
Shaman tanks don't have an execute either but you don't see us posting about it.

Bad draenei is bad. Go back to Draenor.

Have you ever tried to actually land Touch of Death in a raid? This is a silly complaint.

It's not a complaint. It's a question. You're just proving that you didn't even read the entirety of my OP.

All of that to make absolutely no difference since the boss would die anyway.ToD isn't an execute.

11/23/2012 03:37 PMPosted by Severen
By the definition of execute, it's the only one :)

^This. So glad someone finally sees my point. Also, there is the tip of using fort brew to get to 700-800k then using ToD. Still available.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Death Knight
FWIW, Soul Reaper is between 10% and 20% of my non-gimmick damage done depending on the fight, and hits for 70-130k depending on vengeance, with a negligible crit rate.
Reply Quote
39 Worgen Warlock
11/23/2012 03:59 PMPosted by Acarnis
Also, there is the tip of using fort brew to get to 700-800k then using ToD. Still available.

I'm going to save my only heavy defensive cooldown for a health boost so I have 0.5 more seconds to use ToD.

This is absurd. You may as well be recommending I bring along Nightmare Seeds.

So, yeah. I guess I'm finally deciding to have a "woe is me" moment and ask why does every other tanking class have some form of execute, but bears don't?

I know that we generally pull more then most tanks (sub monks), but I still like having an extra rage dump or something for that sub 20%. Just feels...weird not having a button to push for that phase, whereas all my other tanking classes do =/

This is exactly what a complaint is. And the answer to your question is "different classes are different".

You don't need it for balance purposes. You don't need it for any reason. Hell, paladins don't bother with HoW, warriors with Execute half the time, and monks never bother pooling 3 freaking chi to mash it in the hopes that it goes off in that < 1 second window.

This is a silly complaint and a silly thread.
Edited by Rijdot on 11/23/2012 4:06 PM PST
Reply Quote
11/23/2012 04:03 PMPosted by Sparklefever
Then again we don't bring Stampeding Roar, Symbiosis, or HotW+Tranq...

Well we are loved for quite a few reasons.... =P
Reply Quote
This is exactly what a complaint is. And the answer to your question is "different classes are different".You don't need it for balance purposes. You don't need it for any reason. Hell, paladins don't bother with HoW, warriors with Execute half the time, and monks never bother pooling 3 freaking chi to mash it in the hopes that it goes off in that < 1 second window.This is a silly complaint and a silly thread

If it's so silly, why invest so much time into it? I was tryin' to ask a simple question for something I didn't understand on the developers part. What may be stupid and silly and a complaint to you is a honest un-understood question.

Thinking more into it, I could have just used logic instead of wasting time on this thread, but I felt like going here since I was bored and see what other people thought. Isn't that the point of the forums? I was just posting this to get others opinions.
Edited by Acarnis on 11/23/2012 4:08 PM PST
Reply Quote
39 Worgen Warlock
11/23/2012 04:08 PMPosted by Acarnis
If it's so silly, why invest so much time into it?

How much time am I investing? I'm sitting here at work waiting for the click to tick 51 minutes by.

I was tryin' to ask a simple question for something I didn't understand on the developers part. What may be stupid and silly and a complain to you is a honest un-understood question.

Not every class in a given role needs every tool every other class in that role has. I'd more understand a "Where's my AMZ?" thread.

Thinking more into it, I could have just used logic instead of wasting time on this thread, but I felt like going here since I was bored and see what other people thought. Isn't that the point of the forums? I was just posting this to get others opinions.

Forums are here for discussion, but there's no discussion to be had here. It's because you're not X class and you have no need for Y ability to balance your class.
Reply Quote
11/23/2012 04:10 PMPosted by Rijdot
Forums are here for discussion, but there's no discussion to be had here

That's your opinion.

11/23/2012 04:10 PMPosted by Rijdot
It's because you're not X class and you have no need for Y ability to balance your class.

That's the sort of discussion I was looking for. I don't WANT an execute. I was wondering WHY we don't have one.

Appreciate the time/effort people.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Warrior
That's the sort of discussion I was looking for. I don't WANT an execute. I was wondering WHY we don't have one.

And that was answered.

Because flavor. Its not a 1min 20% cd or a long 40% or STDs, it does nothing crucial for surviving as well as everyone else. So its just a flavor thing some tanks have, and some don't.
Reply Quote
I was saying that I was wondering as to an answer to this thread, not that I was still curious.

11/23/2012 04:16 PMPosted by Ðemolition
Because flavor. Its not a 1min 20% cd or a long 40% or STDs, it does nothing crucial for surviving as well as everyone else. So its just a flavor thing some tanks have, and some don't.

That's what I figured out from all this. Thanks for the TL:DR for those who are also curious and don't want to read (like I usually am)
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
So you were fishing for a blue response, which you won't be getting.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]